in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-14-2010 6:43 AM by stefan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2010 3:14 PM

Picture and picture Beovision 7-40

I have been told that the tv is able to show to sources at the same time. How do I do that?

• 03-13-2010 2:49 AM In reply to

Re: Picture and picture Beovision 7-40

You need to use the P-I-P function. This may need adding to your Beo4 if not there already. With everything in stand by, press the stand by and list at the same time. You will see Add? on the Beo4. Press Go and then press LIST till the legend P-IN-P comes up and press GO.

To use, when the TV is on, press LIST till P-IN-P comes up, then press GO and then the second source you want. You will divide the screen into two halves. To change the sides, press 0. To go back to a single screen, press TV.

• 03-13-2010 10:19 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Interesting Peter.

Can you tell me where the second picture is sourced from? Does this TV have 2 tuners or does the second picture have to be obtained from from an external source such as a satellite box?

• 03-13-2010 11:54 AM In reply to

Thanks, P-and-P on my remote, works fine. There is only one tuner. You can use HDMI A and C or D or B and C or D. All other connections can be used to....

• 03-14-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Toralfsen:

Thanks, P-and-P on my remote, works fine. There is only one tuner. You can use HDMI A and C or D or B and C or D. All other connections can be used to....

For my benefit therefore, if there is only one tuner, from where does it get the second picture source?

Unsure

• 03-14-2010 6:01 AM In reply to

Any other source. For instance, if you have a DVB-T fitted, you can watch that and analogue. You can also use an external STB or even a DVD or external hard disc. With the advent of hard disc recorders and good time slip technology, I this this is a less useful feature. The BV10 does not have it.

• 03-14-2010 6:43 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You can watch two pictures side by side in P and P mode. This will work with any video source on your BV7-40. TV, DTV, V.MEM, DVD, PC, DVD2, V.AUX... For video sources that are not directly available on your Beo4 - V.AUX, PC, DVD2...- you must add a button to the list, for example P-V.AUX, P-DVD2... You will have sound from the left picture and remote control to the right picture. To swap the two pictures (and the functions) just press "0". To exit P and P mode, select the video source you want to watch. P and P mode also works with HD sources. I think it`s a great feature.  I can set a record timer to my external HD stb without interrupting the current program of the internal stb.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)