in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2010 3:35 PM by John. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2010 10:03 AM

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

Back Glass panel on Beocenter 9000

Can anyone please help?  I need to change a damaged back glass strip on a Beocenter 9000. I am not certain how to remove it. Some time ago I had a problem with the CD door slide and I think I repaired this by looking at the Service manual in this site. I am sure that the assembly diagram I used had details of the back glass panel fixing also but I can't find a hard copy in my notes.

I have tried to look at the same diagram again but cannot find it! The entry states it is not available.  I have a recollection that there is a securing screw at one end going upwards into a carrier. The carrier has a series of "hooks fitting into slots on the main chassis. With the screw removed the carrier and glass panel can be slide to the side about 1cm freeing these hooks so that it can be lifted up.

Am I on the right lines or is it all a very detailed figment of my imagination ?? 

Many thanks

John

• 03-08-2010 10:26 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Back Glass panel on Beocenter 9000

Hi John,

If it's the same as the BC9500, that service manual is available on here. When you have the unit open and hinged forward exposing the insides looking in from the back the screws are located on the right hand side of the lid in each corner. Undoing either enables the frame/glass to slide to the left (standing at the rear of the unit) and unhook.

See part 5 of the BC9500 service manual section 6-6

Just be careful the other glass panel doesn't fall out when you put the lid upright - the glue will probably be perished if it hasn't been repaired before.

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-08-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

Steve many thanks. It seems my memory was not inventing things. I can't remember using the 9500 service sheets but that is what I must have done. 

I don't feel as apprehensive now so can go ahead.

Regards

John

• 03-08-2010 1:40 PM In reply to

Dont bother opening the Beocenter up as there is absolutely no need.

Simply stand the Beocenter on it's back edge! It will stand quite happily. The screws that you remember are in the left hand corners.

Remove one or both and turn the beocenter back into it's flat position. Now just slide the glass /frames 1cm to the right and you can lift the glass off.

Regards Graham

• 03-08-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

It hadn't occurred to me you could get access to them so easily - or the Beocenter would stand on it's back! Great stuff.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-08-2010 3:35 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

Thank you both. This is brilliant, I only need to remove one panel so it should all be easy. I now know that I can use the 9500 diagrams if I have any further problems.

It is amazing how quickly BeoWorld can help with odd problems

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)