in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-10-2011 12:10 AM by dilznik. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2010 5:07 AM

BM-link or Linkplayer + Beo4?

Hi,

If I buy an IR-eye and connect it to my Beoport-box, should I be able to control iTunes with Beo4 remote? More importantly, should I be able to listen to my BS4 (audiomaster) form another room through the Beoport connected speakers (or in the case of Linkplayer, even the Macs build-in speakers)?

I gave up using the BM-link/Beoport a year ago because of too many small problems and because I have the AppleTV connected to my BV8-40 which works ok as mediacenter.

However, now this new Linkplayer seems super interesting and the BM-link has an upgrade available as well. Moreover, I'd like to be able to listen to my BS4 in the computer room and if this is possible with BM-link or Linkplayer, it is a good reason to get it back from the basement.

Sinuhe

• 02-21-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: BM-link or Linkplayer + Beo4?

I am very happy with Linkplayer (thanks Phil!) and no longer use BM Link at all.

I d not have a BS4 nor BV8, so I can't opine there.

• 02-26-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

you can use your Beo4 remote with an IR Receiver and Linkplayer without any problems, best to dump BM-Link as it is not updated anymore by the author

• 02-26-2010 5:33 PM In reply to

ouverture:

best to dump BM-Link as it is not updated anymore by the author

In all fairness, Odlund just recently updated BM-Link to the latest OS X and iTunes version.  So it is an actively updated program and it is still the one featured by B&O on the B&O website.

Now, some of us personally prefer and recommend LinkPlayer.  Anyone interested should download both, install both, and elect based on one's persoal preference.   You can have both installed —just make sure you do not run both at the same time by either turning off BM-Link in the Preferences Panel or by not turning on LinkPlayer simply not starting the LinkPlayer application.

• 02-26-2010 5:43 PM In reply to

ah, yes, my apologies to Odlund, version 1.5.3 for 10.6 is indeed now downloadable from his site   

• 10-08-2011 3:36 PM In reply to

I am trying to link my beosound 3200 to my Beolab speaker 2000. I was told by the dealer that the masterlink connection does not work, does anyone have any ideas on how i can link this two without the masterlink cable?

• 10-08-2011 8:31 PM In reply to

142nauco:

I am trying to link my beosound 3200 to my Beolab speaker 2000. I was told by the dealer that the masterlink connection does not work, does anyone have any ideas on how i can link this two without the masterlink cable?

That does not sound right !

If you have this => http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=953

Plus this => http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=372

Then they are suppoosed to go together and work via the ML !!!

Was this dealer talking about S/W levels ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-15-2011 7:04 PM In reply to

HI All

Im still using BM Link (The latest version) without any serious problems. I do find it really useful when listening to internet radio and having the tracks displayed on my beocentre 2.

I did download an earlier version of Linkplayer, but it failed to work properly for me. The track listings didn't display properly on my beocentre 2.

Perhaps I should try again... Phil maybe one day when we both have time I can make a time for you to talk me through on the phone or skype or something???? Is that possible?? 

Regards

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 12-10-2011 12:10 AM In reply to

I use BM-Link running on Lion.  It works fine.  I tried Linkplayer awhile ago and it was overkill for what I wanted to do, which was just listen to iTunes music.  If I want to change anything that I can't do with the Beo4 then I use the iPhone/iPad remote app from Apple to change things.  99% of the time I'll pick a song and hit "genius" and be off to the races anyway.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)