in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 62 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2011 3:36 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Re: Flash your B&O!

Jonathan:

Put the Beolab 8000s on either side if the BV10 (connected to the TV). Masterlink the 9000 to the BV10 and put this between the frireplace and the TV. Your BV10 speaker will become a centre channel if you set it in Speaker 3.

So that back wall will be:

fireplace -> Beosound 9000 -> Beolab 8000 -> Beovision 10 -> Beolab 8000

You'll then have a nice big wall to hang some art Yes -  thumbs up

Hi John,

Thanks for your help.

Yes, as you advise to me, I already thought about putting the BS9000 close to BL8000 and BV10, but that would be too busy to me.

I think I will simply let the BS9000 in its place and put a long ML that will run around the chimney.

I will just have to make it as invisible as possible painting it the same color as the chimney...

Cheers, 

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 10-26-2011 3:53 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

EdouardG:

Jonathan:

Put the Beolab 8000s on either side if the BV10 (connected to the TV). Masterlink the 9000 to the BV10 and put this between the frireplace and the TV. Your BV10 speaker will become a centre channel if you set it in Speaker 3.

So that back wall will be:

fireplace -> Beosound 9000 -> Beolab 8000 -> Beovision 10 -> Beolab 8000

You'll then have a nice big wall to hang some art Yes -  thumbs up

Hi John,

Thanks for your help.

Yes, as you advise to me, I already thought about putting the BS9000 close to BL8000 and BV10, but that would be too busy to me.

I think I will simply let the BS9000 in its place and put a long ML that will run around the chimney.

I will just have to make it as invisible as possible painting it the same color as the chimney...

Cheers, 

hi there

if you really want it to be perfect why dont you install the cable in the wall.

so take it up from behind the 9000 through the ceiling and then down the back of the tv.

this would look excellent, the only downside is the plastering and touching up of the paint.

just a thought (its what i would do )

a good decorator would be cheaper than more speakers :)

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-26-2011 4:34 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Seanie_230:

hi there

if you really want it to be perfect why dont you install the cable in the wall.

so take it up from behind the 9000 through the ceiling and then down the back of the tv.

this would look excellent, the only downside is the plastering and touching up of the paint.

just a thought (its what i would do )

a good decorator would be cheaper than more speakers :)

Hi Seanie,

Thanks for your advice.

I already thought about putting the ML cable through the wall, but the problem is I don't own this house. I rent it.

So cannot do anything I would if I was the owner.

Why don't you guys advise me to buy some B&O Wireless?

Aren't they good?

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 10-26-2011 4:55 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Perhaps it is an idea to lead the masterlink cable between the floor and the foot strip if you can scratch of the silicone which is used for sealing, put the cable in and rework the silicone, or if possible behind the foot strip if it's made of wood. Nobody will see it if you leave the house in the future.

The problem I see with the Wireless units is where to hide it near the BS9000. Of cause it's no problem behind the TV.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 10-26-2011 1:37 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

BeoIce:

Perhaps it is an idea to lead the masterlink cable between the floor and the foot strip if you can scratch of the silicone which is used for sealing, put the cable in and rework the silicone, or if possible behind the foot strip if it's made of wood. Nobody will see it if you leave the house in the future.

The problem I see with the Wireless units is where to hide it near the BS9000. Of cause it's no problem behind the TV.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The problem isn't the foot strip that, as you advise me, I can remove and stick again, but the chimney with its base made of solid stone.

The only option for me, without making a hole through the chimney stone base, is to make the ML cable run around it from the floor to the ceiling...but that will be visible...

This chimney is a pain in the a%& !!!

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 10-26-2011 2:44 PM In reply to

EdouardG:
    The problem isn't the foot strip that, as you advise me, I can remove and stick again, but the chimney with its base made of solid stone.

1. Remove floor strip around the chimney and store it somewhere until you move away
    2. Get new (wooden / MDF) floor strip and machine a bit off the rear until there's enough room for a Masterlink cable, it doesn't need much
    3. Install cable & new floor strips
    4. Profit!

Big Smile

-mika

• 10-26-2011 7:02 PM In reply to

Great forum! I literally just clicked through all 62 pages of this thread : )

This isn't me in the picture, but thought it was worth sharing... Hope no one minds. Can you name the artist?

BL5

• 10-27-2011 1:27 AM In reply to

• 10-27-2011 3:41 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

EdouardG:

1. Remove floor strip around the chimney and store it somewhere until you move away
    2. Get new (wooden / MDF) floor strip and machine a bit off the rear until there's enough room for a Masterlink cable, it doesn't need much
    3. Install cable & new floor strips
    4. Profit!

Big Smile

Thanks for your kind help!

The problem is I don't have a floor strip around the chimney, only for walls.

I'll see with the house owner what he allows me to do.

Have a nice day.

Best,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 10-27-2011 4:27 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

BeoIce:

Søren Hammer:

... I was inspired by his Beolab 6000 system and my first B&O became an old Beovision 7700 and a Beomaster 2400-2 at the age of 6 years Big Smile

I bought a Beosound Century in very good condition for my son when he was 4 weeks old. Couldn't resist the offer Big Smile He's now 2 1/2 months old. Completly disassembled the unit, cleaned, serviced and reassembled it. Now my son can hear his sleeping music with style. Cool

Martin

Wow! That's very impressing! My son would easily dissassemble the unit, but he would never be able to do the rest! Big Smile

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-27-2011 4:40 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Daniel:

BeoIce:

Søren Hammer:

... I was inspired by his Beolab 6000 system and my first B&O became an old Beovision 7700 and a Beomaster 2400-2 at the age of 6 years Big Smile

I bought a Beosound Century in very good condition for my son when he was 4 weeks old. Couldn't resist the offer Big Smile He's now 2 1/2 months old. Completly disassembled the unit, cleaned, serviced and reassembled it. Now my son can hear his sleeping music with style. Cool

Martin

Wow! That's very impressing! My son would easily dissassemble the unit, but he would never be able to do the rest! Big Smile

Sorry for writing a little bit misleading. I meant I completly disassembled the unit, cleaned, serviced and reassembled it, not he Big Smile

Pretty good that the unit is wall mounted so, at the moment, he can't reach it. Otherwise he would really disassemble the unit. Stick out tongue

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 10-27-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

EdouardG:
    The problem is I don't have a floor strip around the chimney, only for walls.

Add some then! You don't need to touch the fireplace itself. If the floor is ceramic tile (as it seems) all the way to the fireplace, you can probably attach it with dabs of silicone sealer or double sided tape to the floor and it can be removed later with no traces. I would probably use a white plastic cable conduit and be done with it...

But, there isn't much point in linking the stuff together after all, if the speakers are going to remain on one side of the TV. I think I would follow Jonathan's suggestion of placing everything on the same side of the fireplace, removing the problem Smile

-mika

• 10-27-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Ok, I think I will do what you advise me, thanks!

I cannot put the A/V system against the same wall cause it will be busy.

Look what it looks like with just a pair of BL9 (my dealer lent me yesterday) close to the BV10...with BS9000 on its floorstand, it's gonna be ugly.

Cheers and brainstorming,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 10-27-2011 6:27 AM In reply to

EdouardG:
    I cannot put the A/V system against the same wall cause it will be busy.

I agree.  Smile

-mika

• 10-27-2011 2:29 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

After discovering a few kids are interested in B&O on my Formula SAE team, I decided to bring my Serene to the shop yesterday. I just thought I would post the reaction..

What sparked it all?

Serene: Ding! (text message)

Team Captain: Looks around, confused and alarmed at the unfamiliar sound

Me: That was just me cell ph...

Kid holding phone in pic: (interrupting me..) WHOA! WHAT'S THAT? Is that a phone? (Wen't nuts!)

Everyone: Let me see!!

All I could do was sit there in the corner and grin while everyone had their turn opening and closing it Smile

Evan

• 10-27-2011 2:37 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Evan:

After discovering a few kids are interested in B&O on my Formula SAE team, I decided to bring my Serene to the shop yesterday. I just thought I would post the reaction..

Looks to me like the OSU SAE workshop needs, oh, a BM2400 with an iPod cable hooked up to the tape input and a pair of S45-2s.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 10-27-2011 2:40 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Rich:

Evan:

Looks to me like the OSU SAE workshop needs, oh, a BM2400 with an iPod cable hooked up to the tape input and a pair of S45-2s.

I tried already. But S45-2s couldn't handle 12 hours a day of uninterrupted rap anyway..

Evan

• 10-27-2011 2:42 PM In reply to

BeoIce:

Daniel:

BeoIce:

Søren Hammer:

Martin

Sorry for writing a little bit misleading. I meant I completly disassembled the unit, cleaned, serviced and reassembled it, not he Big Smile

Pretty good that the unit is wall mounted so, at the moment, he can't reach it. Otherwise he would really disassemble the unit. Stick out tongue

Martin

I would love to have a Century as a baby back in '93!

When I was a small child (1-3 years), I would fondle with the switchbank on my Father's Beomaster 4400 (mounted in kitchen table hight, just low enough to get my small hands on the buttons!), I've always been fond of touching real quality!

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 10-27-2011 2:44 PM In reply to

• Desmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

After a lot of questions on this forum I have decided Santa Clause to be early.

He just brought me a Beolab 2 to extent my B&O collection:

I always thought my Beolab 8000's where lacking of some bass in dance music, or songs with a band (like the eagles, duffy, etc.). I always missed some power/ depth in the music and hoped to get this with the beolab 2. Otherwise, for light jazz and acoustic music it was great (like katie melua or Jack Johnson), so I didn't want to ruine this with a lot of bass.

When the Beolab 2 arrived I had installed it by attaching the beolab 8000's directly to the beolab 2.
    I left the soundsettings as it was with just the beolab 8000's and just gave it a try with some kinds of music.
    I have to admit that it was very boomy and in the Eagles farewell tour e.g. Also tried some dance music and it was so loud I had to turn it down.
    I tried to adjust the settings on the back of the sub and in the menu of the beocenter and took a couple of hours (!) to adjust a little and relisten the same song. After being satisfied with the sound go to the next song and if necesary adjust a little bit more.

After a couple of hours the sound was absolutely amazing. Testing the farewell tour of the eagles (in HD) was if I was there in the concerthall. A lot of depth in the songs, good deep bass, but never been boomy at all. Even dance music like david guetta result in a deep and even thight bass. But also listening to katie melua hasn't decreased in soundexperience. It was even improved and more bright because the lab's 8000 where releaved of the basses.

So I do understand now why some people call it boomy or slow, but I think they have never tried to set it up properly. 
    After taking some time to set it up, it is absolutely amazing how full the sound can be in the whole room. It's absolutely amazing for all types of music!

• 10-27-2011 3:01 PM In reply to

Desmo:
    After a lot of questions on this forum I have decided Santa Clause to be early.

Also here Santa came today, a ragged motorbike driver (Mexican Postman) came to my door and brought me this.

THE SOUND OF PERFECTION CD.

Came well packed and inside the packet an original envelope with barcode and sparepart number, never opened, and in there, never listened to by human ears, or touched by human handErm

Of course I Loaded it emidiately in the CD player, listening as I am posting (2nd time) listening I mean not postingLaughing

With the help of Leslie I was able to get this amazing recording, and forthermore order the 6 CD set that I lost in the last Prizedraw.

I'm Happy its Xmas

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 10-27-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

They look great don't they Søren?

I still have a double album (LP) from B&O here waiting for yaBig Smile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-27-2011 4:10 PM In reply to

I like, Søren Yes -  thumbs up

That double album would be the test record for Beolab 8000? loaded with different songs, the inner sleve and fold-out pages containing pictures of the 1981 product catalogue or is it the one from the late 70's with test tones? 

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 10-27-2011 4:27 PM In reply to

This one!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-27-2011 5:26 PM In reply to

Got that one too, I see you have a couple Stick out tongue

• 10-27-2011 6:13 PM In reply to

Leslie:

They look great don't they Søren?

I still have a double album (LP) from B&O here waiting for yaBig Smile

If we come to a result with my mail it will be interesting

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 62 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last »