in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 26 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

Re: Flash your B&O!

Here is my current set up :

BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BL Ouverture, BC6000, BT1100, A8, Beo5, Beo4.

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 10-24-2010 3:15 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Congrats Guy !

BV10-46 rocks ! Yes -  thumbs up

Do you use a playstation for Blu-Ray (it's the Avatar Blu, isn't it ?).

And what about your feelings about your new set-up ?

Must be a big change from a 32' to a 46' !

• 10-24-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

guyhui that is a beautiful arrangement of b&0 items and i feel that the tv finishes everything off. your setup has a minimalistic flair about it which i really like and your displaying the dvd of choice right now to stunning effect.

• 10-24-2010 7:28 AM In reply to

Hi Steph and Markiedee,

That's indeed a big improvement as I swaped my old Avant 28" to the BV10 46".

I plugued my PS3 on the flat TV and tested it with a bluray Avatar.  The result is great, the picture is sharp and the details are well retranscripted.

However, the sound coming out the BV10 46 is not as good as the one present in the Avant. I would rate it at 15/20.

When playing online games through the PS3, the picture remains excellent even when the BV10 46 has to deal with very fast actions, and without any artefacs and remanence.

I think I will need more time to make my judgement as I am occupied those weeks. But my first impressions are very positive.

The BV0 46" adds a real presence in the living room but is not too intrusive as I like the minimalistic interior design. The built quality is very HIGH, furthermore I was impressed by the high quality material used also in the motorized floor stand....

As for the Beo5, I have some technical issues that prevent me to use it now, meantime my dealer will make a replacement for a new programmed Beo5 vey soon.

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 10-24-2010 8:32 AM In reply to

hey guyhui do you think that you could take a picture from your seating position.

• 10-24-2010 9:06 AM In reply to

Here we go :

The picture quality is poor (iPhone 3GS 3mPx)... and this doesn't do justice to the A/V B&0 set-up. In real view, the BV10 46" just looks bigger Smile

Cheers,

• 10-24-2010 9:26 AM In reply to

• AdiS
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Posts 196
    • Bronze Member

congratulations! lovely setup! is the loudspeaker-cover of the BV10 the silver one?

regards, Adrian

• 10-24-2010 9:50 AM In reply to

thanks guyhui for the quick response it looks simply beautiful a true cinematic event when watching movies i'm sure.

it was also good to hear your opinion on what you thought of the picture quality, may you continue to get pleasure and enjoyment from your system take care.

• 10-24-2010 12:57 PM In reply to

Beautifull TV GuyHui, especially with that beautifull floor (I love parketry). The only thing I personally do not like is the fact cable running over the floor. 

I do have a possible solution for you. If you apply a bigger skirting at the bottom, you can hollow out the space behind it and guide your wires through it. We even connected a beosound 3200 and a MX7000 through another room (through the wall, behind the skirting in that room and again through the wall). That way it looks a lot tidier (and more calm if you know what I mean).

• 10-24-2010 1:28 PM In reply to

Beo_freak:

This is a part of my collection. I also have a Beosound 9000 in my workspace, connected to set of Beolab 6000. Als a complete Beosystem 6500, a Beocenter 9500, a Beolit 707, a Beosystem 10, a set of LC2 controllers, ... these are all in my workspace, but since it's a total mess in there at this moment, I didn't want to make pictures in there. Maybe I will post an update when I cleaned it...

Very Cool!!!

Like your style! 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-24-2010 2:24 PM In reply to

Beo_freak:

This is a part of my collection. I also have a Beosound 9000 in my workspace, connected to set of Beolab 6000. Als a complete Beosystem 6500, a Beocenter 9500, a Beolit 707, a Beosystem 10, a set of LC2 controllers, ... these are all in my workspace, but since it's a total mess in there at this moment, I didn't want to make pictures in there. Maybe I will post an update when I cleaned it...

I absolutely love this Beofreak - you have great taste :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-24-2010 2:57 PM In reply to

AdiS:

congratulations! lovely setup! is the loudspeaker-cover of the BV10 the silver one?

regards, Adrian

Yes, I used the silver cover. But the icture quality is not good at all. If you see it in the flesh you will have a better view.

@ Lennaert :the woodfloor is a brazilian parketry called "Muiracatiara".

I agree regarding the cable issue, in the future I will deal with it...

I have a temprary solution though (cable box available at Bluelounge):

Cheers,

• 10-24-2010 5:17 PM In reply to

Straight from iPhone - went antique shopping this weekend. My B&O soldier is guarding a 1920s Vitrolite chemist's sign. As a good medical student I couldn't turn it down :)

• 10-24-2010 7:50 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

Beo_freak:

I absolutely love this Beofreak - you have great taste :)

A question Beofreak....

Is that a Beolab 3500 under the TV? How is it set up? I'm very curios as I have a spare Beolab 3500. Does it operate as a single channel or stereo? It would be great if you could give me all the details...

Thanks

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-24-2010 9:38 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Do some quick searching Jldmelb, there is a thread floating around here somewhere all about using the BL3500 as a center speaker. In it is a web site with some sort of hardware to allow this.

EDIT

HERE you go! Laughing

Evan

• 10-24-2010 11:27 PM In reply to

Thanks Ev Yes -  thumbs up 

Seems it is only used as a center channel speaker....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-27-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

A Dieter Rams Braun masterpiece to go with the B&Os.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 10-27-2010 3:08 PM In reply to

Lex Lance:

Lex,

That's a lovely looking TS45 - Im a great admirer of Rams as a product designer as well - even my Avatar is a photo of his redesign of Peter Walker's original electrostatics. 

Whilst I also admire Jensen's work for B&O and I've got quite a bit of it now, I think they come from very different design philosophies.  Rams is almost the archetypal 'Form follows function' designer whereas Jensen, with some notable exceptions, seems to start with a shape or form and leaves it the engineers to resolve how the thing will work.  Two approaches, equally valid but very different.  I love both!

Cleve    

• 10-27-2010 4:30 PM In reply to

Cleviebaby:

Lex Lance:

Lex,

That's a lovely looking TS45 - Im a great admirer of Rams as a product designer as well - even my Avatar is a photo of his redesign of Peter Walker's original electrostatics. 

Whilst I also admire Jensen's work for B&O and I've got quite a bit of it now, I think they come from very different design philosophies.  Rams is almost the archetypal 'Form follows function' designer whereas Jensen, with some notable exceptions, seems to start with a shape or form and leaves it the engineers to resolve how the thing will work.  Two approaches, equally valid but very different.  I love both!

Cleve    

Great looking piece Lex - do all the lights work etc.?

I need to get some Braun bits to add to my collection. 

• 10-28-2010 5:39 AM In reply to

Gentlemen,

may I suggest you trim the quotations a bit (don't include the pictures) when it is otherwise clear which pictures you are referring to. We now have the same (although very nice!) pictures three times on top of each other.

Not a real problem otherwise, but IMHO it makes browsing the thread a bit tedious (oh my poor scroll wheel! Big Smile ) and also caused John's post above to go into the automatic moderation queue.

-mika

• 10-28-2010 7:21 AM In reply to

Good point Mika! Will do.

Cleve

• 10-28-2010 7:21 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys,

Yes all the lights work on the TS45, looking at expanding the Braun collection also. The do work nicely with the BnO gear. TG60 and L450 flat panel speakers to come.

Absolutely two very different design approaches from both Dieter Rams & Jacob Jensen although equally effective.

• 10-28-2010 7:40 AM In reply to

Seems there's a group of us that like Dieter Rams' work for Braun - that includes Tim Jarman!  He has an article in this month's 'Hi Fi World' about Braun Hi Fi kit from the 60s! 

Interestingly, there is a German company still making the Rams intepretation of the Quad Electrostatic ESL57 loudspeakerm (the LE1) under licence in Germany, but it's in excess of 6000 Euro! 

Beware, though - prices of the older pieces of Hi-Fi on auction sites like e-bay make vintage B&O look positively cheap! 

Cleve 

• 10-28-2010 8:04 AM In reply to

Beo_freak:

Very nice Beofreak,

Got a Togo too, most confortable sofa, ever!

• 10-28-2010 10:58 AM In reply to

Lex Lance:

what a nice sergio mazza's bacco table - love it!

great thread btw! there are some very beautiful homes to drool on this thread. 

Page 26 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last »