in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2010 12:48 PM by cnjarvis. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2010 9:25 AM

BV7 and speaker placement

Hi,

Please forgive the basic artwork below but thought it might help show my question a bit better.....

I'm looking to replace my BV3 with a BV7.  The shape of our lounge really only gives me one place for the TV in one of the alcoves next to the fireplace.  Said alcove will fit a BV7-32 with BL7.1

I would prefer to buy a BV7-40 but the BL7.2 to go with this is too big for the gap and would probably hit the walls.  Has anyone seen the BV7-40 with a BL7.1 below it, does it look silly?  If you can point me to any pictures, that would be useful.

The other thought I have is that rather than the BL7.2 I get a couple of BL3's and stick them on the walls in the alcoves.  Has anyone got a BV7 they are running this way ie. Just two side speakers and is the sound OK or would I need to get the 7.4 for a centre channel?  Does it matter that one speaker will be close to the TV while the other isn't?  

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Chris.

****************                                                      ******************

*      BL3                *                                                      *              BL3            *

*       ----BV7----     *****************************                                *

*                                                                                                         S           *

*                                                                                                         O          *

*                                                                                                         F           *

*                                                                                                         A           *

*                                                                                                                      *

*           ----------   SOFA ---------------------------                                                 *

• 01-03-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Re: BV7 and speaker placement

Chris,

I have a setup with BV8-40 and 2 BL3. The BL3 are 4m and 7m from the sofa. The distance (delay and volume) can be set up easily in the sound settings. 

But I would be concerned in missing a center speaker in your setup. In my case the BV8 internal speakers act as Center. Setting Speaker to 2 (instead of 3) misses quality and understandability for text passages. 

Hope this helps a little.

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-03-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

I found a picture of the BV7-40 with a BL7.1 in the following topic

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/31106.aspx

and here's a direct link to the picture

http://forum.beoworld.org/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.24.97.60/DSC00750.jpg

• 01-03-2010 12:23 PM In reply to

damatt:

I found a picture of the BV7-40 with a BL7.1 in the following topic

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/31106.aspx

and here's a direct link to the picture

http://forum.beoworld.org/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.24.97.60/DSC00750.jpg

Hi its my house that has the BV 7 40 with the 7.1.  I think its looks great.  Why should you hold with what the mainstay have.  The sound is not affected and i think it looks more natural.  The symmetry is better i believe but thats me.

Carl Sheerman

• 01-03-2010 12:46 PM In reply to

Thanks Heribert - I was thinking if I go the BL3 route that the centre speaker might be the issue, although the BV3 doesn't have one so I was thinking if I setup the BV7 to just be stereo then that should work and the acoustic lens bit of the BL3 should make the sound seem to come from the TV?  If not then the BL7.4 is probably my best option for the centre.

Chris.

• 01-03-2010 12:48 PM In reply to

Thanks damatt for finding that and nice setup Carl.   For me it would be on a floor stand, but at least I've got something to visualise now.  Not sure if I like it or not at the moment but will give it some thought.

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)