in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2010 6:39 AM by ouverture. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2009 12:39 PM

Beo4 and Marmitek to control lighting

anybody using the IR455 to X-10 converter box that Marmitek sell ??

I want to keep my investment in 7 x Beo4 remotes, so the X-10 converter approach appeals to me 

• 01-01-2010 8:40 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 and Marmitek to control lighting

or maybe better is Light Manager Pro for 179 euros

Transform your remote control into a Home-Automation Commander! Why only control the TV or DVD-Player if so much more is possible. With the Light Manager you can additionally switch on/off your lighting.

-          Dim the light

-          Shut the beamer screen off

-          Control electrical blinds

-          Control up to 256 wireless actuators

All this can be done by your remote control, without any additional cables. A luxury, which you don't want to miss anymore.

With the Light-Manager Pro it is possible to access even complex lighting scenes just by pressing a button on your remote control. You cannot only select which lights are on and off you can also define the brightness level of each light, if appropriate actuators are used. The Light-Manager Pro supports the InterTechno product line of radio bus actuators as well as the FS20 line. For this purpose it contains two transmitter modules, one for 433.92 MHz and one for 868.35 MHz. The antennas were designed to lie inside the case completely which was necessary to create an attractive device appearance. The Light-Manager Pro fits nicely into your living room interior and can be placed on a side board for example. Two LEDs at the front of the case always inform of the current state. To assure that the LEDs are not disturbing in low light they are automatically dimmed down so that they only glow in the dark.  It is possible to use any universal remote control with learning capacity in conjunction with the Light-Manager Pro. To make this possible the Light-Manager contains an infrared transmitter module which is used to teach the remote control. The configuration of the manager is done at the PC. Just attach it via USB bus, start the configuration software and create your lighting scenes comfortably by “drag and drop”. When configuration is done disconnect it from the PC and set it up in the living room or wherever you want to use it. For this purpose a power adapter is part of the package.  It doesn't matter if you just control a single light with one button of your remote control or if you want to trigger a lighting scene containing a number of lights and other electric devices. Furthermore you can mix InterTechno as well as FS20 radio bus actuators without any limitation even within the same scene. So it is be possible to use inexpensive InterTechno switch actuators together with sophisticated dim actuators of the FS20 line. The special thing about FS20 dimmers is that they allow access to a certain level of percentage in brightness. So it would be possible to create scenes for your living room like:

• Scene 1: Full brightness
    • Scene 2: All lights on 75% (e.g. for reading)
    • Scene 3: All lights on 30% (e.g. for watching movies)
    • Scene 4: All lights off

During configuration all commands can be executed in real time. This means that while you are moving the brightness slider in Lightman Studio, all the lights will go to that level simultaneously.

• 01-02-2010 4:59 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I've previously said when the subject of light control has come up, that IMO B&O are mad not to have an LC3 available.

At the time of typing this there are 2 LC2s on eBay and the asking prices are 189 GBPs & 275 GBPs!

Why don't they offer a re-badged version from the other manufacturers? Why not even give one or two away free with purchased B&O products (dependent upon the money being spent). Most customers wouldn't be content with just that number when they have sampled remote controlled lighting and would inevitably be back purchasing more units. 

• 01-02-2010 6:39 AM In reply to

I agree, it's madness, but it looks like the Light Manager Pro could be just the job for me, I was hoping that someone might be using it on Beoworld before I buy it :-)

the tight integration with the Beo4 seems pretty good to me

http://www.jbmedia.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=1&lang=en

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)