in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-30-2010 5:52 PM by waterprsn. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2009 10:36 AM

Beomaster 5500

Several months ago my wife punched in a series of random numbers on my control panel.  Now, whenever I turn on my system, it locks on the CD player, which I do not have any more as after replacing 3-lasers, replacement parts are not available here in California.  As a result I cannot turn on the receiver or the phonograph; I have tried disconnecting everything and restarting, but it does not work.  Can anyone tell me how to reset this and help me get my music back?

waterprsn

• 01-06-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomaster 5500

I would get to the PCB4 - mounted vertically, behind the display panel. There you will find a 3V lithium battery. I would unsolder that, leave it overnight, and then resolder it.

If you had to replace your laser 3 times on the CD5500, I would say that your service technician should go back to school - there are certain adjustments which have to be done after replacing the laser - spares are still available, and if you had been on this forum then, your CD5500 would probably still be giving you pleasure.

Sony lasers must never be adjusted after installation, but Philips lasers (in this CD5500) most definitely do require aadjustment.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 01-30-2010 5:52 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5500

Menahem,

I followed your directions and actually left the battery disconnected for several weeks to make sure, and also took out the fuse.  Still is locked on the CD player.  At least I got to see the insides and do some gentle cleaning.  Any other thoughts?  No one else seems to have any ideas.

Doug

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)