in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-21-2009 5:36 PM by Toubro. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2009 3:55 AM

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Beovision 10 and text-tv subtitles problem

My neighbours just received their BV10, and they use the text-tv feature to get subtitles on the danish channels a lot.
    The problem is, that on the BV10, the upper bar stays on the screen for as long as you're in text-tv mode, which is rather annoying. Their old TV did not do this.

It seems to me that this is a BV10 problem, as the TV channel removes it's info, such as channel, date, time etc, and what's left looks like a special menu, where you can choose some different options, such as text size.

Is there any way to turn this bar off?? 

• 12-21-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 10 and text-tv subtitles problem

I remember this is a problem with my BV-6 too. To solve store the subtitle page to one of the memory's.

• 12-21-2009 8:42 AM In reply to

• tv800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-15-2008
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Hello Toubro

My father gor the same problem using this feature on his new BV7. The problem in his case, was, that he was using a setopbox for receiving danish channels, f.x. DR1. If you are using a setopbox, you can not use the "text" button on the remote. Is seems, that it activates the textpages, but it is not activate "the right way" .... he have to activate the textpages via the setopbox on the red function-button on the BEO4. The "text" button is only co-operation with the source activatet on the "TV" button.

Maybe this is the same on the BV10 ?

• 12-21-2009 5:36 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Zwets:

I remember this is a problem with my BV-6 too. To solve store the subtitle page to one of the memory's.

I read the manual, and it seems this should be stored as MEMO9, so what your saying sounds right. The problem is just that I can't do this as the possibility is greyed out in the menuConfused

tv800:

Hello Toubro

My father gor the same problem using this feature on his new BV7. The problem in his case, was, that he was using a setopbox for receiving danish channels, f.x. DR1. If you are using a setopbox, you can not use the "text" button on the remote. Is seems, that it activates the textpages, but it is not activate "the right way" .... he have to activate the textpages via the setopbox on the red function-button on the BEO4. The "text" button is only co-operation with the source activatet on the "TV" button.

Maybe this is the same on the BV10 ?

Thanks for your suggestion, but there's no set top box, and the red buttons activates some radio feature.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)