in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2010 6:15 PM by ouverture. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2009 8:16 PM

IR Capture

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what I need to capture the signals from my third party remotes, in order to create an XML file to upload to the Beo5? On the help pages Keith states:

"...if you wish to produce your own templates for a product not currently available from B&O or this site then you will need a means of capturing and decoding this IR signal. There are many cheap solutions available on the web, but if you happen to own a Lintronic converter box, then you can use that."

I don't have a Lintronic box, so what do I need to buy? What is it called? Google is not proving helpful in this instance! I have a Macintosh computer, if that is relevant.

Thanks in anticipation

Stuart

• 12-21-2009 3:42 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: IR Capture

Hi Stuart

You need the TT455-RT-238 Universal Signal Converter

You also wil need a RS-232 cable and a Power Adapter (both can be bought in the same web) This is the hardware. You will need the software Configurator, that can be downloaded from the Lintronic page as well.

I don't know if it works with Mac, but a mail to Lintronic will solve all your doubts (michael@lintronic.dk)

Regards

Quim

• 12-21-2009 5:23 AM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

I'm in the same boat Futurist. I'm a mac user who'd like to capture codes without having to invest in a Lintronic box.

I've heard that a Sony PSP will do it, although I haven't looked into what software would be needed both on the PSP and my Mac

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 12-21-2009 5:29 AM In reply to

Quim43:

Hi Stuart

You also wil need a RS-232 cable and a Power Adapter (both can be bought in the same web) This is the hardware. You will need the software Configurator, that can be downloaded from the Lintronic page as well.

I don't know if it works with Mac, but a mail to Lintronic will solve all your doubts (michael@lintronic.dk)

Regards

Hi Quim

I was hoping for a non-Lintronic (read: cheaper!) solution. It seems extravagant to buy the Lintronic when Keith mentions that there are inexpensive options on the web - I just don't know what they are called.

Thanks anyway.

Stuart

• 12-21-2009 5:42 AM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hi Stuart,

I chose the Lintronic route to program my Beo5 because the accompanying Configurator software allows you to create your own XML file as well as correctly capture the codes from your 3rd party remote.

Even though it is a bit pricey it's a pretty neat piece of kit with a wide range of applications. And whilst I have the Beo5 controlling my TV and stereo - i.e. no need to use the Lintronic box to convert IR signals - I'm planning on using it for some simple X10 home automation.....all controlled from the Beo5 of course!

Cheers,

Matthew

• 12-21-2009 2:53 PM In reply to

Quim43:

And you also need the USB to 9-pin RS232 convertor, right?

So if I understand it correctly, you only need the Lintronic parts to create XML files to upload to your beo5, to control any product directly. When that part is done, the Lintronic convertor is not needed anymore, until there is new device added or replaced.

• 12-22-2009 1:46 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Hi

In the beginning, I used a PDA with an IR transmitter and the SW Remotecontrol II

It worked perfectly for what I wanted, but it's a harder work compared with the Lintronic Box.

As DoubleU said, when you have your codes, you won't need the Lintronic box anymore.

Quim

• 12-22-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

Could this help (USB IR Widget 29$)? Basically it should give the same output for programming reasons as the Lintronic box does, although I am not aware of the post processing procedure of the signal. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• 12-22-2009 6:41 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

I have also used an iPaq 2210 with RemoteControl II, it captures the codes as philips pronto codes, but converting them to beo5 codes isn't difficult.

/Weebyx

• 12-23-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

Same here, also used RemoteControl II. It's not as straightforward as a Lintronic solution, but managable for a low number of devices and home use.

Cheers,
    Frank

• 12-27-2009 11:34 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

The macbook accepts ir commands. . .is there a software to capture them?

I need a couple commands. . .my fan, fireplace and another tv

thanks

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-28-2009 10:38 AM In reply to

• Jan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-15-2007
    • Netherlands,Flevoland
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Sometimes i dont understand people.They spend a lot of money  for a Beo 5 remote and B&O product and for a converter they want to spent nothing.To let read out a remote is coasting around 90 pound.If you have 3 remotes to read out its costing already a Lintronic box.Lintronic works easy And if you buy in the future other product its easy to make a file again.I did already read out in this house 12 remotes.

Regards and a happy new year

• 01-01-2010 9:44 PM In reply to

Kammeri, that looks interesting, will look into IRScope a bit more

<Quote>Could this help (USB IR Widget 29$)? Basically it should give the same output for programming reasons as the Lintronic box does, although I am not aware of the post processing procedure of the signal. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• 01-02-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

So how do I convert to an *.xml with this tool?

• 01-02-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

see the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator help file on this site

we also have the ever growing  Beo5 Interest group

• 01-02-2010 6:15 PM In reply to

the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator announcement by Keith on Feb 8th 2009, you just need RC5 codes for your "Remote Control" and off you go to your dealer with the XML file

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)