in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:09 AM by elephant. 270 replies.
Page 9 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2010 5:18 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Re: LinkPlayer Feedback Thread

Thanks a lot!! Now I can go asleep  and give it another try tomorrow.

• 12-06-2010 1:37 PM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Is it possible to use an Avant RF with Linkplayer? I'm thinking of using Linkplayer in my AV-setup with a Mac Mini. What type of cabling do I need to connect this Mini? Are there differences between the outputs of the generations Mini? Of course has the Avant only Scart or s-vhs inputs.

Regards,

Bart
  • 12-06-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

Yes you can.

The Avant does not respond to the PC command. So you would be using the Solution 3 on this page.

Yes, there are BIG differences between generation of Mac mini. 

Recent Mac mini, featuring a Displayport connector, do not have any analog output.

You need an older Mac mini, with DVI (and no Displayport), and a DVI to composite adaptor from Apple.

P.

• 12-14-2010 10:07 AM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

THanks Phil! I'm buying a used Mini G4 which has a DVI-out. Just to give it a try!

Regards,

Bart
  • 12-14-2010 11:37 AM In reply to

The G4s may be a bit slow to play some videos, but for music they are fine.

p.

• 12-19-2010 4:01 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Dear Philippe, should we expect an update coming soon?

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-13-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

I was going to ask the same question, the last update goes back to 5th August,2010..Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-13-2011 2:02 PM In reply to

After being sidetracked to other projects (see signature), I have restarted my work on LinkPlayer, and made some good progress.

As announced (long time ago, I admit), I am now working new sources for online/streaming content. I also have made some improvements to the interface for those who use it on their desktop mac.

Is there any online/streaming content that you guys would like implemented?

Other question (for a distant future...) does any of you uses some kind of home automation system?

P.

• 01-13-2011 2:09 PM In reply to

Oh, and to actually answer the question... I need a few more weekends before I can release a new version... So I think February.

• 01-17-2011 2:33 AM In reply to

• mmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hello Phil,

Regarding your question if someone IS using an HomeAutomation system... I have Conson system in both places.

By The way... My linkplayer still hangs from time to time (the house with the vintage mode)...

I didn't want to bother you to much...

Cheers and happy new year.

Michael
  • 02-16-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

Some LinkPlayer news...

I have been working many hours, every day, on LinkPlayer since the beginning of January. Originally I was just planning to add a few new sources and fix a few bugs. While this work was almost done, I had problems finishing it as I realised the code of LinkPlayer had become very difficult to maintain.

For those who have followed the project from the start, it was just suppose to distribute N.MUSIC from a Mac, and as I figured out how the Beoport box was working, I could not resist pushing its limits and turning LinkPlayer into a more complete AudioMaster, MediaCenter, with LinkRemote, etc. Its rather simple interface now hides a huge number of lines of code.

So, two weeks ago, I decided to bite the bullet and to rebuild LinkPlayer completely, using a much better internal architecture, and a much cleaner code. The new architecture is optimised to take into account all the things I have learned since the start of the project, and the feedback/issues that were reported to me.

While the next version will look and behave very much like current one, this new architecture will also allow me to build some new features in the future. It will make it easier for me to fix bugs that are reported to me and improve LinkPlayer's reliability.

Development is going fast, as I can reuse a lot of the logic, and I think the first version will be released sometime beginning of March. It will probably be a public beta before being a final version. It will have a few new sources and features, but its full potential will not be visible until I implement the features I have in mind.

Philippe

• 02-16-2011 11:31 AM In reply to

Phil, LinkPlayer is an absolutely fantastic product.

BeoLink PC2 is 10 years old now, and can be flash-upgraded into BeoPort. 

People are amazed at the things Roku and similar products are doing right now.  When I consider I do that all and more with LinkPlayer, MacMini, BeoPort, Beo4 remote, and Master Linked products, I can't help but think that B&O created amazing infrastructure, some of it going back decades, and then just failed to build on the foundation.  What a missed opportunity for them!

You have, though, and thank you for pushing the limits of BeoPort.

• 02-16-2011 1:28 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Was so looking for these excellent news!!!!

I'm very exited for the new version!

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-20-2011 5:08 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:
    So, two weeks ago, I decided to bite the bullet and to rebuild ... completely, using a much better internal architecture, and a much cleaner code. The new architecture is optimised to take into account all the things I have learned since the start of the project, and the feedback/issues that were reported to me.

Been there :) Done that :)

Often the best way ... happy to be a Beta tester for your Mark II

Good luck and once again  !!! THANK YOU !!! 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-02-2011 10:49 AM In reply to

• ParMan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you are back on track with LinkPlayer. I have only tested it so far, but the main reason that I have not jumped inis the lack of integration with the Indigo home automation system http://PerceptiveAutomation.com

They are Mac based and very responsive so they should be a good bet!

• 03-09-2011 7:39 AM In reply to

Phil,

It is probably very late in your development cycle, but here is my wishlist:

1.  Airplay as implemented here on a Pioneer product:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/35235/317735.aspx#317735

2.  Ability to change the sort order of sources in LinkPlayer ... for instance I use Plex but hardly ever use Hulu, so I would drag Hulu to the bottom

3.  Ability to put to sleep my Mac Mini.  Today, when I am done watching Front Row (FR), I exit FR, go to Plex, and select the "sleep" option in Plex, which puts the Mac to sleep, which triggers our projector to turn off.

Thank you, and very best of luck on the children's book apps.  I've passed the link on to my sister, who has kids.

• 03-11-2011 10:16 AM In reply to

I must say I would prefer the next gen. Linkplayer to do fewer things, but to do them perfectly, seamlessly, without bugs.

I'm not looking for more than NMUSIC and NRADIO playback throughout the house, with full display on BeoCenter 2 (still not working) , display on BL3500 (there's nothing else than the source at the moment), ability to play by albums/artists in Itunes mode.

I still use BMLink as it is far more stable and complete in my setup, the real "plus" of Linkplayer being:

- voice over 

- audio master capable

- a true interface on the Mac screen

- Linkremote

Let's cross our fingers and hope the new Linkplayer is an instant hit!

• 03-15-2011 5:06 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

So Phil, any update so far?

Best regards

Spiros

• 03-26-2011 5:56 PM In reply to

@ParMan

I have the intention to include some Home Automation functions in LinkPlayer. The new architecture will allow this. But this is still in a very distant future.

@ZavierItzmann

I have started to investigate around Airplay video, I may be able to implement it, for non DRM videos, but I will not be able to implement Airplay audio unfortunately. It is in my To do list.

I have just finished implementing the possibility of changing the order of sources in the menu and I can also say that the new version will handle sleep much better than the current one.

@Chrisreunion

The aim of this coming version is indeed to provide a more stable solution. Of course there may still be some bugs remaining when released, but due to is cleaner, more modular architecture, it will be easier to fix them when identified.

@spiros

Had to stop working on LinkPlayer for about 3 weeks, but I have been back on it since last weekend, and it is moving in the right direction. Looking good!

• 03-26-2011 7:25 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:
    I have started to investigate around Airplay video, I may be able to implement it, for non DRM videos, but I will not be able to implement Airplay audio unfortunately. It is in my To do list.

That seems strange to me :) my experience to date has been that most Apps seem to be easily Audio enabled, but Video is a bigger challenge.

Then I thought about it a bit ... where as I am sure you have though about it a LOT !

LinkPlayer is of course a remote :) it is not a player (in the sense of pulling a source and playing it on the iDevice).  So I guess that's the essential difficulty . . . .

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-27-2011 1:54 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Phil, may thank for this update and really looking forward!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 04-11-2011 5:04 AM In reply to

hi!

i'm also curious about the rewritten version.

ps: someone cracked the airplay key: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/11/apple-airplay-private-key-exposed-opening-door-to-airport-express-emulators/

would be a killer feature in linkplayer!

• 04-11-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

intheory:
    ps: someone cracked the airplay key: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/11/apple-airplay-private-key-exposed-opening-door-to-airport-express-emulators/

Yes, I saw that this morning and have bookmarked the page. Will see if the open source code is easily reusable. That would be really a good feature for LinkPlayer.

p.

• 04-13-2011 10:26 AM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Hi Phil,

Airplay in the next gen of LinkPlayer would be a great feature, so would faster power-on from remote devices such as Avant which seem to take longer than others. I use LinkPlayer daily to distribute N.MUSIC and N.RADIO around my house via ML and it works brilliantly, so very much looking forward to next gen.

Having beta tested the original I'm also very happy to beta test the new one too!

Best regards,

Rob

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

• 05-14-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

Any news on the next generation Linkplayer? It's been 9 months since the last version now, looks like it's time for the baby to be born....?Big Smile

Page 9 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >