in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:09 AM by elephant. 270 replies.
Page 7 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2010 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: LinkPlayer Feedback Thread

I have had no problem with LinkPlayer and the new iTunes 10

(I did have to remove the bundle plugin in iTunes -- did you see that thread ?

=> http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/35244.aspx

perhaps you have this problem which crashes iTunes, not LinkPlayer)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-06-2010 2:58 AM In reply to

• 09-06-2010 3:09 AM In reply to

mr_anders_son:
    I use LinkMusic not iTunesmode...

I see

:(

I think you better send Philippe a PM in case he has not seen the latest updates to this thread

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-06-2010 5:40 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

Burantek,

Looked at your setup. The issue is that neither the BC9300 not the BS9000 can be set to option 6. 

So they cannot be on the same ML.

Also, I'd like to know if any of this (G4, Cube, iBook) has been upgrade to Leopard? (I am not sure they can)

p.

Early BSd 9000 and BC 9300 definitely can't, but newer BSd 9000 (mine is Type 2571/SW 3.4) CAN BE SET TO A-OPT-6  

• 09-07-2010 4:28 AM In reply to

I always thought that the internal speakers of an iMac were crap... therefore I've added a couple of  Logitech USB speakers.

Question now.. is this going to affect the working of Linkplayer/BeoPort. Audio is tranfered to BeoPort through the headphone. And if a headphone is connected then the sound of other sound devices is cut off. Basicly there should be a config that switches to the headphone if LinkPlayer/Beoport is used.

Has anyone experience with this setup?

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-07-2010 5:05 AM In reply to

If you're gonna get external speakers, do not get some USB speakers, but do get mini-jack speakers. connect them to the front jack socket of the Beoport and everything will work as intended by B&O.

• 09-08-2010 8:27 AM In reply to

Unfortunately very good sounding active USB speakers... (Logitech USB Z10) .. So.. I'll beter start looking for new Mac speakers too then :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-27-2010 6:46 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:

burantek:
    As an early adopter of the Touch... I am locked at 2.2.1, no 3.0 -alas, no LinkRemote.

You can upgrade to 3.1.3, the last version supported by all iPod touch. Not sure where to find it. It use to be available on the Apple store (Not the App store). It may be free now. Plug it in iTunes, select the iPod Touch in the left pane, and click on Check for update...

Sorry for the lag... the recent BeoWorld App thread reminded me of this. I have gone ahead and upgraded to iPhone 4's and d'loaded the Link Remote App. Great work! It has rekindled my interest in obtaining a BeoPort sooner than later. I will keep you posted!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-04-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Quick Q: I have read up, but I am confused! Confused Laughing

I have an older BS9000 (non N.RADIO)... can I use this in "Vintage Audio Master" (VAM) mode and get N.RADIO? It seemed possible on the site's VAM page, but by using multipe connections? The BS9000 could have AUX available, w/ or w/o a B&o AUX SOURCE SELECTOR.

P.S. I also revised my config on the previous page.

Thx!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-04-2010 12:31 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Jeff, I think you can use the BS9000 with the Vintage Audio Master. This is the magic of linkplayer, speaking of which............where is the Beoworld iphone application?!?!?!?!!?

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-04-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

Thanks Spiros... I actually read your thread about this and the BV7.

I do have some flexibility w/ device placement, so I could still use my BC9300...

Hmmm...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-04-2010 12:38 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

By all means, use the BC9300. Old time classic. I think this is the only think I'm missing at the moment but due to priorities (you know!!!) I have to go for it in a few months!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-05-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

burantek:
    I have an older BS9000 (non N.RADIO)... can I use this in "Vintage Audio Master" (VAM) mode and get N.RADIO? It seemed possible on the site's VAM page, but by using multipe connections? The BS9000 could have AUX available, w/ or w/o a B&o AUX SOURCE SELECTOR.

LinkPlayer can work with the BS9000 non n.radio, in certain conditions and with certain limits.

If the BS9000 is in option 0 (has no speaker connected to it) and there is a TV in the same room, in option 2, then this is the "setup 1" and it will work fine. In this setup you do not need to connect directly to any BS9000 input as it uses masterlink. However you must leave PHONE and A.TAPE2 connections unconnected on the BS9000 if you want to use N.RADIO and N.MUSIC.

If you need one of these connections there is a way to only use one of them and still access N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

P.

• 10-05-2010 11:15 AM In reply to

Phil,

Thanks so much!

PhilLondon:
    If the BS9000 is in option 0 (has no speaker connected to it) and there is a TV in the same room, in option 2, then this is the "setup 1" and it will work fine. In this setup you do not need to connect directly to any BS9000 input as it uses masterlink.

This is exactly how it is presently, and would remain.

PhilLondon:
    However you must leave PHONE and A.TAPE2 connections unconnected on the BS9000 if you want to use N.RADIO and N.MUSIC. If you need one of these connections there is a way to only use one of them and still access N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

The BS9000 has AUX IN only. Presently there is nothing connected to it. I have, however, in the past had...

1.) Airport Express (AE) connected -which would now be redundant anyway...

2.) A B&o AUX SOURCE SWITCH connected allowing connection of the AE as well as a BeoGram.

I am happy to leave the AUX IN unused, but I may consider reattaching a BG later, so would be interested in that. Not important now.

Below, I have attached a very rough schematical sketch of my idea. The red is the ML network and passes from room to room. I am curious (and I promise I will read more!) but is there a need for another IR Eye in ROOM A/B connected directly to the BeoPort? How might this interact and/or conflict w/ the IR Eye(s) already in place?

++++EDIT++++

There may well be an Avant in ROOM B as well... but I don't know if I will put it on the ML network... Also, my intent for control will be from Apple mobile products -not the G5.

Thx again!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-05-2010 4:44 PM In reply to

This setup is fine for N.MUSIC/N.RADIO distribution in both rooms.

P.

• 10-05-2010 4:48 PM In reply to

Great!

Any need for the (third) IR eye on the BeoPort?

Thx again!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-05-2010 5:00 PM In reply to

Not for N.MUSIC/N.RADIO distribution.

• 10-05-2010 5:30 PM In reply to

Phil,

I'm hoping to get a RedEye unit in the next week or so as it now apparently supports B&O IR codes.

Have you considered a hybrid RedEye/LinkRemote app so you can control the IR only B&O commands in addition to what is already there in LinkRemote and effectively control all B&O including on/off and volume from a single IPhone app?

• 10-06-2010 10:36 AM In reply to

LinkPlayer Feedback Thread

Does RedEye emits or receive IR signals?
  • 10-06-2010 11:03 AM In reply to

Looked at RedEye website and contacted them to see if they had a public API.

Which version have you bought?
  • 10-06-2010 12:02 PM In reply to

Got the answer and unfortunately they do not yet allow other dev to support their products.

Oh well...

Let us know your impressions when you get one.
  • 10-06-2010 12:29 PM In reply to

UPDATE... sourced a BeoPort, so I will be moving to the next phase soon! Big Smile

I wish to again express my gratitude for all the help... certainly the physical config has not a great deal to do w/ the software -but I certainly appreciate it! Perhaps it will help someone in the future.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-06-2010 12:36 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Enjoy it!!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, especially using iPhone as well!

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-06-2010 4:09 PM In reply to

The RedEye rep came around today with the tabletop model.  After about 1.5 hrs. of playing around and not managing to control my B&O Lutron kit (which was really the purpose) he went away with the unit saying he would try to do some more digging and come back - so not a great experience so far: I am hopeful they will get there though - he managed to get the TV to turn on and off.

I will let you know when there is more to report. 

• 10-09-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

Does it learn IR codes? How?
Page 7 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »