in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2007 2:10 PM by joeyboygolf. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2007 7:27 AM

• vwbug
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Restoring Penta 1's

Hi

I just bought a pair of Model 6602 Penta 1 speakers with built in amps. They have been mistreated and will possibly require grilles, some copper coloured trim and 3 inch foam surrounds. Where is best to try for these? I could re-cover my grilles but the one has a piece missing from the frame.

Before deciding whether a restoration is worthwhile I tried to get them running from a CD player/preamp via the phono input. At first both were dead - but mains  lights came on when the 3 amp plug fuses were replaced! (why would they have both gone?)

I managed to get the one working and and it sounded remarkable - even with damaged  drive units.

The other one showed a red mains light which turned green - when the cd was played - but no sound apart from a feint hum/hss as though the signal was not getting through

I re-connected the first one up - and now that did the same - so I am a little  bewildered!  Just have a strange feeling it may have something to do with the selection switches .

I  would appreciate any help - particularly a copy of an instruction /service manual 

I would think they sound quite remarkable when operating correctly!

Please email me direct on djones53@googlemail.com if you can help point me in the right dierction!

Thanks

Dave

Filed under:
  • 06-15-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

Re: Restoring Penta 1's

The instruction manual and service manual are both on site for silver and gold members. You should set the input switch depending on the output of your pre-amp. The power switch should go to Auto.
  • 06-19-2007 11:36 AM In reply to

Is it possible to buy new grilles for pentas?

/Ola 

• 06-19-2007 12:49 PM In reply to

According to this thread the "frets" or as i have understood the frames of the grilles are still avilable but maybe not fabric, I will have to let someone else with better info to tell you that.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/22474.aspx

Personally happy owner of a pair of BeoLab Penta A :)
  • 06-19-2007 2:10 PM In reply to

New frets (the frames covered in fabric) are available from B&O as are most of the other parts including stainless steel panels!

Part number for the frets is 3450714

The service manual contains part numbers and an excellent exploded diagram.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)