in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2009 7:34 PM by sverreh. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2009 6:51 PM

• sverreh
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 88
    • Founder

New (to me at least) DVD1 - not working

I bought a DVD1 off Ebay recently.  The exterior is OK, with no indications of any damage during transport.  Unfortunately it is not working.

No picture on the Television set, not even menus appears on the screen. I have tried it connected to both my MX 7000 and to a MX 4200 without any success. All possible combinations with the CVBS/YC/RGB switch and I have even connected a S-video cable between the player and the set in addition to the SCART cable.  I believe that rules out the cable as the source of the misery?

When connected to either television, I can start the player by pressing DVD on the Beo4, and thre - - - appears in the display.  No difference with a DVD in the tray or not.  Pressing menu on the Beo4 brings the option of choosing the DVDmenu, but when I try to enter the menu, the screen goes black again.

Furthermore the disc tray can not be operated when the player is switched on. The eject button works only when the player is off.
    I have tried to play several DVDs. None will play, the display shows a steady - - - whether the player is connected to the TV-set or standalone.

I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions as to what can be wrong.

Regards

Sverre

Filed under:
  • 12-04-2009 9:13 AM In reply to

Re: New (to me at least) DVD1 - not working

Return it and get your money back. I imagine there is some component failure but there are plenty around so I wouldn't bother with this one.

• 12-04-2009 7:34 PM In reply to

• sverreh
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 88
    • Founder

Re: New (to me at least) DVD1 - not working

Thank you Peter, I was afraid that was to be the solution.

I have used Ebay for several years without any prior unpleasant experiences but I guess it was waiting to happen.

Sverre

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)