in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-16-2010 12:56 PM by vikinger. 43 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (44 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2010 12:40 AM In reply to

Re: Saab

Bernie Ecclestone has teamed up with Genii Capital and they've made a bid! Their is also a rumor about two Swedish bids.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-17-2010 2:16 PM In reply to

beocool:

Bernie Ecclestone has teamed up with Genii Capital and they've made a bid!

Now a report that Genii/Ecclestone may also put in a joint bid with Spyker, but that story has just been denied here. If it's a question of money or resources for the long-term, you'd think they would actually pool their funds and expertise.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 01-25-2010 6:24 PM In reply to

Well, watched the GM webcast today when it was thought that Ed Whitacre would make an announcement about Saab, but he only announced his own appointment as CEO of GM!

Looks as if the Spyker deal is more likely, but maybe everything hangs in the balance whilst those government loan guarantees remain unclear. Rumoured that a Spyker car has been moved to the Saab museum. New 9-5 estate seen repeatedly in roadtest, and convertible production has been moved from Austria to Trollhatten. The first Trollhatten convertible has also gone to the museum.

Funny way to run-down a company!

Graham

• 01-26-2010 9:12 AM In reply to

Trading of Spyker's stock has just been interrupted at the Amsterdam stock exchange, for what it's worth...

-mika

• 01-26-2010 1:42 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Trading of Spyker's stock has just been interrupted at the Amsterdam stock exchange, for what it's worth...

BBC now reporting that the sale to Spyker has gone through!

Maybe I will be able to buy a future Saab 'Anniversary' after all!

Graham

• 01-26-2010 2:59 PM In reply to

Spyker's axiom is "Nulla tenaci invia est via" or "for the tenacious no road is impassable". True words, it seems!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-27-2010 6:51 AM In reply to

Interesting indeed, let's hope that the Swedes don't end up paying the bill for SAAB after all... I really hope Spyker would get this to work, but aren't the chances pretty slim?

SAAB has been negative since 1989?!

Spyker has had a negative result the last 5 years, last year -25 Million...

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-27-2010 2:35 PM In reply to

Chances are slim indeed. Spyker never made a profit in it's existence. On the other hand it took Aston Martin 60 years before they made money...

• 01-27-2010 2:46 PM In reply to

I wonder if Spyker is going to continue with the Saab 9-4X crossover.  Production already started last week.  This car is not made in Sweden.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 01-28-2010 3:26 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

The 9-4X is part of the deal.

It is being built in the GM plant in Mexico.

Around 150 pre-production units have already been built. 

www.saabsunited.com

• 01-28-2010 7:25 PM In reply to

Ignace:

The 9-4X is part of the deal.

It is being built in the GM plant in Mexico.

Around 150 pre-production units have already been built. 

www.saabsunited.com

Steven Wade runs the saabsunited website (from Tasmania!)

Spyker's Victor Muller made a phone call to Steven one of his first priorities when announcing the deal. I can see so many parallels with B&O and Beoworld: well run websites, dedicated/ fanatical owners, constructive criticism, and products that are superb yet unjustly criticised by non-owners!

Graham

• 01-29-2010 2:23 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

You're so right; i've been thinking the exact same thing !

Smile

• 02-02-2010 10:42 AM In reply to

Spyker have confirmed funding plans for 9-3, 9-5 and 9-4X to 2012, and subject to returning to profitability (i.e. selling 100 000+ per annum) a possible smaller 9-1 (50's-70's tear-drop shape.) Presumably the 9-4X will remain a Mexican GM rebadge.

I hope they can pull it off. Muller is a very charismatic character and full of confidence.... but that alone can't make customers return. 

Graham

• 02-08-2010 8:45 AM In reply to

Government guarantee for Saab EIB loan has been approved according to today's reports. So all they have to do is make cars that customers want and sell them at the right price! Personally I've seen the high depreciation values of recent years as a bonus if you are happy to find a two or three year old low mileage car rather than buy new.

Graham

• 02-23-2010 1:52 PM In reply to

Re: Saab deal is done

Saab deal completed today. The relationship between Saab and its 'Fans' is so similar to B&O and Beoworld.......... even the Saabsunited forum editor Steve Wade was in attendance for the signing (and he's based in Tasmania!)

Graham

• 05-27-2010 3:35 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

The launch of the new Saab 9-5 is on Friday 28th March,

what a beauty is that car !

saabsunited.com

• 05-27-2010 3:09 PM In reply to

Ignace:

The launch of the new Saab 9-5 is on Friday 28th March,

what a beauty is that car !

Ignace, the saabsunited website has presumably published a new homepage since your link was posted. Page now refers to the GB Saab director Jonathan Nash switching to Saab Spyker.

I had a Saab 9-5 recall problem that my local dealer failed to address (i.e. kept putting me on hold for ages then cut me off.) I found Nash's phone number on the web and his secretary got me booked in with another dealer. I really hope Saab's business recovers and that the company survives.

They are like B&O in so many ways...... including their detractors generally having never owned or driven a Saab....... just like those who have never owned B&O but always seem to assume that their mix of electronic boxes is superior.

Graham

• 08-16-2010 5:11 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

I just had to share THIS with you. Had Saab previously followed the themed look maybe it would have all turned out differently.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 08-16-2010 12:56 PM In reply to

Stonk:

I just had to share THIS with you. Had Saab previously followed the themed look maybe it would have all turned out differently.

Tragic (for Saab and De Lorean)!

Doesn't look remotely like the real thing.

Graham

Page 2 of 2 (44 items) < Previous 1 2