in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2010 7:04 AM by Tim. 52 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2009 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: Light - Lamp ?

Hi everybody,

Finally, it took close to two months to get the ceiling lamps from Italy.

Here is the Nimbo celing lamp produced by Pallucco and behind the Pirce one made by Artemide :

The reflection shows the Costanza floor lamp produced by Luceplan. Behind is the ceiling lamp Nimbo by Pallucco :

More pictures to come in the daylight especially for the ceiling lamp "Pirce" - Artemide :

On the Cassina Artico table, on the left is the Costanzina Luceplan table light. On the right we can see the Emilio Robba False flowers composition :

Sorry for the poor quality, iPhone 3GS is only 3mx.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-01-2010 5:58 AM In reply to

nice lamps, gyuhui.

• 01-05-2010 9:20 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

hebo:

Nice pictures Philippe,

I like your room very much, You have good taste...   Didn´t you have a rubber sofa (or bubble sofa) aswell?? 

Thanks hebo!

Yep I still have the Bubble club sofa (by Starck for Kartell) : it is on my outside terrace.

hebo:

What do you think about the BV10?

(tried to translate from the french forum with no luck)

I have ordered one, and I can´t wait - like a little boy waiting for santaSmile

My BV6-26 is now in the bedroom.

Well I really fancy the BV10! The thing is I'm about to move this year in a new apartment (bigger and my own landlord for the 1st time in my life!) and I fear the BV10 would have been too big. I don't want a TV to be intrusive, first because it's eye-catching, thus distracting, even disturbing, and because I am not really a TV addict.

So I made the choice of the following solution to replace my BV6-26: a bigger TV (32"), and a bigger sound (I listen music a lot)... Hence my new BV7-32+BL7-1 combo that will land to my flat tomorrow! (The BV1 stays in the bedroom with a new floor stand though, instead of the video stand, a bit too bulky these days).

jooka:

scandinavian lamps and electronics pt2. :)

so nice to "see you again", philippe!

Hey Jooka!! So glad to see you too... Your interior is very nice (that didn't change! ;-) with your nordic furniture and concrete walls.. Who is the designer/artist for the dogs I see on your pics?

And BTW is your B&O gear evolving?

Philippe

• 01-08-2010 12:56 PM In reply to

Philippe:

Hey Jooka!! So glad to see you too... Your interior is very nice (that didn't change! ;-) with your nordic furniture and concrete walls.. Who is the designer/artist for the dogs I see on your pics?

And BTW is your B&O gear evolving?

Philippe

thanks, philippe!

dogs and pony are designed by eero aarnio (finnish designer).

i'm about to change my bl8000's to a set of bl3. not sure when this is going to happen but i'm thinking about it heavily. i don't need more electronic junk on my apartment cause it can start dominating the whole thing and that is what i try to avoid.

make sure to post some pics of your new bv7! :)

• 01-08-2010 6:35 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

I have a selection of mostly low energy lights. With a floor space of just 9 square metres, and only one room, there is not enough room for a lamp. I love the Lutron Grafik Eye light & shade system because it is integrated with the Beo4 remote.  It is cool to press one of the four colored buttons on the beautiful Beo4 to change to a different lighting sequence, without the need to walk (all the way) to the Lutron panel on the wall in the lobbyWink (thumbnail above of the Lutron panel pictured on the right). The different moods range from task through to romantic. For a different look, the three CjO'Neil (artist from Manchester) wall lights add a beautiful glow at night, pictured below.

Under the Boffi, Norbert Wangen K4 kitchen I have placed LED lights which scroll through a selection of colors. (sorry the image won't load properly, so I have omitted it).

Image below shows the wall lights set into the wall which are from Wever & Ducre. They have a blue glass filter at the bottom. The blue touches were selected to match with the blue BeoCom2 and blue panel on the BeoCenter6-23. A Beo4 wall bracket now sits between the picture and the mirror, thanks to a suggestion from Elephant.  If anyone would like to have a personal tour of my LuxPod, it is a five minute walk from the Kensington Roof Gardens and you can drop by the day of the party on 27th March - if it isn't booked for that day. Regards, Judith

• 01-08-2010 8:51 PM In reply to

Judith:
    it is a five minute walk from the Kensington Roof Gardens and you can drop by the day of the party on 27th March - if it isn't booked for that day

But if I make it to the party then it will be booked Smile I hope !

But if I book it I will leave it tidy for you to show fellow Beoworlders Big Smile

I promise I will keep my trunk packed ... [ sorry, I just couldn't resist that ]

Seriously though fellow Beoworlders, the LuxPod is a lovely experience - I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there in the summer of 2009, and by March maybe, just maybe, the snows might have gone ....

Ed~2

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-06-2010 10:16 AM In reply to

liI see here beautiful lights ! Bravo Smile

Guy - wonderful and colorful atmosphere !

Phillipe - I really like your taste ... Vitra chair's Yes -  thumbs up

Judith - I remember seeing your flat somewhere ( magazine, internet ... ) as I remember it is really small, nicely decorated and very functional ...

It is time for me to start posting mine ...

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-06-2010 7:49 PM In reply to

Nice ones Martin.

Which brands of these nice ceiling and floor lamps ?

@ Jooka, thanks, I like your set up (neat, clean and beautiful) and this "Designed "dog xD

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 02-08-2010 8:15 AM In reply to

Ceiling is Artemide.

And floor is from flee market ( 4 euro Smile ), and two days of cleaning. Brand was british habitat I think, made 20 years ago .

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-09-2010 3:50 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

With Artemide, you are quite sure to make the right choice. For your information, I do have the Pirce Celing lamp form this italian brand.

Good job for restoring your floor lamp.

Cheers,

Guy

• 05-05-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

Just found this on the internet. A lamp designed by Tokujin Yoshioka in collaboration with Yamagiwa.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-10-2010 7:53 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Hey everyone,

here are new pics from my setup...

Living room

Miss K (Ph. Starck for Flos), Poul Poul (Ingo Maurer), Days Forum armchair (Robin Day for Habitat), Aavar Alto vase

GloBall (Jasper Morrison for Flos), Opium sofa (D. Gomez for Cinna)

Bedroom

Rosy Angelis & Archimoon Soft (Ph. Starck for Flos), RAR (Eames for Vitra)

Terrace

Tooth & Bubble Club (Ph. Starck for XO and Kartell)

That's all folks!! Smile

Philippe

• 05-11-2010 1:45 AM In reply to

Philippe,

very nice, beautiful is your apartment.

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 05-20-2010 7:38 PM In reply to

beocool:

Just found this on the internet. A lamp designed by Tokujin Yoshioka in collaboration with Yamagiwa.

I have that lamp.  There were actually two versions.......the larger one as in the photo and a smaller one.

Artemide has some of the best designs.  I am thinking of getting Pirce also.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 05-21-2010 7:22 AM In reply to

linder:

Artemide has some of the best designs.  I am thinking of getting Pirce also.

Hi Linder,

I have installed my Pirce in my living room. Well, I can say that Artemide makes such beautiful ceiling lamp as this one.

You won't be disappointed.

Cheers,

Guy

• 09-07-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

Just got this Smile

(the surroundings are not finished yet though, but I had to put it somewhere Laughing )

-mika

• 09-07-2010 11:55 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Just got this Smile

(the surroundings are not finished yet though, but I had to put it somewhere Laughing )

Looks cool! And I like the surroundings as well! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-08-2010 5:46 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Your house must be huge Big Smile

Olly.

• 09-30-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

I wanted the smaller "Double Bubble" as well and got it yesterday. It has 12V halogen bulbs and so needs a transformer. The factory has chosen a 2-pin DIN speaker plug for the connection - wonder how loud I'd have to play until it lights up? Laughing

-mika

• 09-30-2010 2:07 PM In reply to

tournedos:
    wonder how loud I'd have to play until it lights up? Laughing

That all depends on using a 6500 or 8000! Devil Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-30-2010 2:27 PM In reply to

burantek:

tournedos:
    wonder how loud I'd have to play until it lights up? Laughing

That all depends on using a 6500 or 8000! Devil Laughing

The lights on the 8000 are bigger ;)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 09-30-2010 2:29 PM In reply to

Actually, it has 1 x 20W bulb and 2 x 10W bulbs, so that adds up to 40W. At 12 volts, that is reached at 3.3 amps, so the resistance of the entire lamp is 3.6 ohms. Thus, a BM6500 playing a 50 Hz sine wave should be more than well able to keep two of these lit, and you could dim them with the volume control Geeked

(not going to try though, as halogen bulbs are near short circuit until the filament heats up! Laughing )

-mika

• 10-30-2010 1:21 PM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-26-2010
    • London
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Jona Hoad

Along with a selection of illuminating products from Mr Starck, Jona Hoads creation takes pride of place. 

• 12-02-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

Hi,

I hope I am right, but the post deals with light. ;-)

Is there anyone on the forum having experiances using Beo remotes for further tasks like dimming light, switching lights, etc. I have fond some light dimmer at bosscom.com

http://eu.bosscom.com/images/products/18082009140202.jpg

http://eu.bosscom.com/product.asp?id=1004

Thank you in advance

larskolle

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 12-02-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Hello Larskolle, I am familiar with Bosscom because I ordered several items from the company a while back, for TheLuxPod and did not have a good experience with them.  I would not recommend purchasing from Bosscom, based on the unprofessional way in which they conduct their business.  The company has no relationship with Bang & Olufsen, which was confirmed by Bang & Olufsen at their flagship store in Knightsbridge, London.  I ordered three i-Pod docks "for B&O" as they say in their marketing blurb. Two of them did not work.  The three items were very badly engineered and I would suggest their origin is China. Furthermore, various cable covers and DVD wall stands were also ordered and delivered and the color did not match on the items.  Their origin was also most likely from China. There was no packaging, nor instructions which one would expect from a reputable supplier. In summary, I found the products to be unacceptable and not of merchantable quality.  If you are a discerning purchaser, I suggest you consider very carefully your purchase options and ensure that you have the right to return the goods, if they are not satisfactory to your needs. Regards, Judith

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >