in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2010 7:04 AM by Tim. 52 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2009 4:49 PM

Light - Lamp ?

Light = life

We can not live without light, on the same time we can not look to much in to it ....
    Therefore choosing light is equal to choosing life. It can be depressive ( to dark ), romantic ( soft ), party ( colourful ) .... you name it Smile

Designing light is like putting clothes to yourself and adding style to your life .... so if clothes define gentlemen lights can define your style Cool

What is your light: lamp, bulbs, torch ... ??? Smile

well I'll tell you mine, but later ....

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-23-2009 5:18 PM In reply to

Re: Light - Lamp ?

nmartin771:
    What is your light: lamp, bulbs, torch ... ???

Lite by Miller... tastes great, less filling! Beer

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-23-2009 5:42 PM In reply to

Hi,

I have few items, part of my growing collection. Here they are :

Entry :

- NIMBO pendant-lamp (73cm) by Design Studio Lagranja for Pallucco:

Bedroom :

- COSTANZA floorlamp by Paolo Rizzatto for Luceplan:

Living room :

- COSTANZINA table lamp by Paolo Rizzatto for Luceplan :

- PIRCE pendant-lamp by Maurizio Scutella for Artemide :

I'll drop some pictures soon.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 11-24-2009 3:36 AM In reply to

burantek:

nmartin771:

Big Smile You, on diet beer?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-24-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

burantek:

nmartin771:

Smile Yes -  thumbs up

if you add one small ballantines next to Miller you've got "romatic light" Cool

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-24-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

This one for it's versatility ...  I have one in my office and it  has shape-shifted  a couple of times.
    Also great and really exotic looking when you use a colored bulb in it... 

This one is a true classic and I have a couple of those around the house.
    For me as Iconic as a barcelona chair or anything by Le Corbusier. 

• 11-25-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

Louis Poulsen PH5, PH4/3, Pantella and a Starck Ara, will add some photos!

• 11-26-2009 11:45 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Hi there,

I've had the chance to grow my lamp collection from quite a while now, and I must say I've now reached an equilibrium (anyway no more can fit in!).

Here's the exhaustive list.

In my living room:

Floor lamp, "Rosy Angelis" by Philippe Starck for Flos

Ambiance lamp, "Miss K" by Philippe Starck for Flos

Reading lamp, "Glo Ball" by Jasper Morrison for Flos

Piece of art lamp (i.e. veeery expensive but so beautiful), "Poul Poul" by Ingo Maurer (mamo nouchies collection)

In my bedroom:

Floor lamp, "Costanza" by Paolo Rizatto for Luceplan

Bedside lamp, "Archimoon soft" by Philippe Starck for Flos

Philippe

• 11-26-2009 3:38 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Hi Philippe

long time....

can´t you post some pic?

I´d remember from our old forum that you had a very nice apartment

Hebo

BV10

• 11-27-2009 10:39 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

I have a Kartell Gé in transparent acrylic hanging over the kitchen table.

And a Miss K by Phillippe Starck.

Of course I have some more lamps, but not really anything worth mentioning.

• 11-29-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

Some nice lights on display here. I was interested to note that not many people mentioned older or collectable lighting. I personally like my lights like I like my B&O: old and collectable. Here in our flat we have many lamps I have collected over the years, and I have posted some pictures and info below. In our old house we also had a couple of vintage light fittings, but sadly we cannot use them here in the flat and they are in storage waiting to come out and literally light up our lives again!

First up is this standard lamp that I picked up from eBay a couple of years ago. All I know about it is that it has a 'made in Sweden' sticker on the back and it looks very nice inbetween my SMEG fridge and Beolab 8000 system:

For some strange reason I like the design of UK fuses, so here's my fuse lamp and Beomaster 6000:

Is any home complete without a Guzzini mushroom lamp? Of course not:

I went to Paris when I was 19 and bought this and an old Gillette safety razor from a flea market. It needed re-wiring as lots of them had been flushly wall mounted and used to light up a shop display (I think - my French was bad then and worse now):

If anyone likes these I have some more I can show you, but don't want to bore everyone to death if no one's interested :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-29-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

Hello

I love the Danish design PH Lamps :)

/Uldall

Beosound century Beocenter2 Beolab2 Beolab3 Beolab8000 Beolab6000Black Beolab4000 Beovision Avant 32 DVD RF MX7000ML MX4200ML MX1500 Beolink1000 Beo1 Beo4 Beo5 Beosound1 Beosound6 Beocom2 Beocom6000 Serene BeoPort A4 A8 A9 LC1 LC2 Kabinet 2168 Black line FORM1 Beotime Beotruck.

• 11-30-2009 3:30 PM In reply to

I always had a soft spot for the Lo tek, designed by the late Benno Premsela in 1982. 

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-01-2009 7:58 AM In reply to

beocool:

I always had a soft spot for the Lo tek, designed by the late Benno Premsela in 1982. 

Indeed a beautiful light fixture.... almost bought one of these a couple of years ago.
    Now that I live in Canada, it's just prohibitively expensive to buy here. Sad  

• 12-01-2009 10:57 AM In reply to

cooldude:

beocool:

Indeed a beautiful light fixture.... almost bought one of these a couple of years ago.
    Now that I live in Canada, it's just prohibitively expensive to buy here. Sad  

Really? In Holland it's less than 100 euros, if my memory serves me right. You've got PM by the way.

• 12-01-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

Nice ones Beocool.

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 12-01-2009 4:20 PM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

hebo:

Hi Philippe

long time....

can´t you post some pic?

I´d remember from our old forum that you had a very nice apartment

Hebo

Hey Hebo,

Nice to see you again!! Hope everything's OK for you ;-)

As requested, 2 pictures from my living-room (the sofa with the Lab6000 on the rear is not represented).

Cheers,
    Philippe

• 12-02-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Nice pictures Philippe,

I like your room very much, You have good taste...   Didn´t you have a rubber sofa (or bubble sofa) aswell?? 

What do you think about the BV10?

(tried to translate from the french forum with no luck)

I have ordered one, and I can´t wait - like a little boy waiting for santaSmile

My BV6-26 is now in the bedroom.

BV10

• 12-09-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

• Stoney3K
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Eindhoven, NL
    • Posts 91
    • Silver Member

I prefer to go the LED route.

My BS2000 currently still with a cheap Akai turntable and Iiyama 22" monitor that doubles as a TV, the wall is lit by Chauvet LED Colourstrips that are operated through DMX.

Eventually, I'll get a more permanent solution and build the DMX chain throughout the entire flat, as I have a USB-DMX converter, the whole lot will also be controllable through the Internet.

• 12-20-2009 9:10 AM In reply to

Has anyone seen the Toobe in the flash? I haven't but I like the way they integrated the hand grip.

• 12-20-2009 10:17 AM In reply to

j0hnbarker:
    If anyone likes these I have some more I can show you, but don't want to bore everyone to death if no one's interested :)

Please...more! You've got a great collection.

S

• 12-25-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

scandinavian lamps and electronics :)

• 12-25-2009 4:36 AM In reply to

scandinavian lamps and electronics pt2. :)

so nice to "see you again", philippe!

• 12-25-2009 7:06 PM In reply to

Hello this is our light at home..

Beosound century Beocenter2 Beolab2 Beolab3 Beolab8000 Beolab6000Black Beolab4000 Beovision Avant 32 DVD RF MX7000ML MX4200ML MX1500 Beolink1000 Beo1 Beo4 Beo5 Beosound1 Beosound6 Beocom2 Beocom6000 Serene BeoPort A4 A8 A9 LC1 LC2 Kabinet 2168 Black line FORM1 Beotime Beotruck.

• 12-25-2009 7:09 PM In reply to

One more.

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >