in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-19-2009 9:12 AM by stefan. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2009 7:46 AM

Help with commands for linked products

B&O Friends,

Will tonight link my BV8 and my BS3000 together (both in same room with Option factory settings ).

My BL3:s are connected to the BS3000 (do not want them connected to the BV8)

A BL2000, placed in the kitchen area, is already linked with the BS3000 with Option 4.

I now need help to understand which commands to use from the Beo4 to:

1. Listen to e.g. radio or CD through the BV8
    2. Listen to TV sound through the BS3000
    3. Listen to TV sound through the BL2000 (no TV button)

Thanks for any help Smile

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

Filed under: ,
  • 11-17-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Help with commands for linked products

If your BS3000 is set to A.OPT 1 and your BV8 to V.OPT 1 it should be:

1- AV - CD, AV - RADIO...

2- AV - TV

3. LINK - TV

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 11-17-2009 1:26 PM In reply to

Thaks Stefan!

Stuff is now linked together but I realize one thing....

I use V-AUX to activate the cablebox. How do I use that command together with AV or LINK command?

AV - CD and AV - RADIO works fine.

I´ve tried different combinations of commands, but no luck..

Ordered the new Beo4 with the V-AUX button, but its delayed into December.... I guess it will be easier with that one.

Any ideas?

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 11-17-2009 1:47 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You won`t need the new Beo4 for your cable box. Just add A-V.AUX to Beo4s list. It´s the same as AV - V.AUX. There is also L-V.AUX, which means LINK - V.AUX.

Stefan

• 11-17-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

stefan:

1- AV - CD, AV - RADIO...

2- AV - TV

I agree those commands are correct and work ... however I was surprised the AV- prefix was needed.

Perhaps there is something I don't understand about BeoLink operations, and that might explain some troubles I have.

The Beo4 manual says (my emphasis added)

AV indicates that the audio/video function is activated , transferring e.g. TV sound to the speakers connected to the audio system or vice versa. This only applies if your Video and Audio system is interconnected.

My BV8 and BS4 are in separate rooms but "interconnected" via the MasterLink.

Should I be using AV-CD, AV-RADIO, and AV-A.MEM on my BV8 ?

Because so far I have been simply using CD, RADIO, and A.MEM and they all work.

When or why is AV- needed ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-17-2009 5:13 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

If your audiomaster and videomaster are located in separate rooms and both set to OPT 2 (A.OPT 2 - V.OPT 2), they will both react to video- AND audio commands. Pressing TV in your "BS4 room" will activate your BV8 in TV mode and BS4 in A.AUX mode. BV8 "knows that it was not activated directly by IR but from a different place via Masterlink, so the screen and Beolabs stay off. Will work in the same way vice versa. AV sends video commands (TV, DTV, DVD....) in audiomode and audio commands (RADIO; CD, N.MUSIC....) in videomode.

Claes`s audio- and videosystem is located in the same room, with Beolabs connected to both systems. Audiosystem is set to A.OPT 1 and will only react  to audio commands (Radio, CD...) AND AV-TV, AV-DTV..... That´s why you need the AV button in such a set up. Vice versa video system is set to V.OPT 1 and will react to video commands like TV, DTV, DVD... AND AV-RADIO, AV-CD.... 

Stefan

• 11-17-2009 7:19 PM In reply to

Since the BV8 was set up by a B&O technician while I was away ... is there a way of asking the BV8 which "option" it has been programmed with ?

The BS4 is in default factory mode .....

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-18-2009 7:51 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Sorry, I don`t have a BV8, but option setting in my BV7 can be read in the service menu. Maybe it`s the same in your BV8.

Or maybe there is also a customer service menu. Navigate to OPTIONS in the menu and press RES - GO.

If you can access your BS4 via BV8 pressing RADIO or CD and you can access BV8 via BS4 pressing TV, DTV, it should be V.OPT 2 and A.OPT 2.

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 11-18-2009 9:25 AM In reply to

stefan:

You won`t need the new Beo4 for your cable box. Just add A-V.AUX to Beo4s list. It´s the same as AV - V.AUX. There is also L-V.AUX, which means LINK - V.AUX.

Stefan

Works perfectly now. Thanks for your help.

I´ve ordered the new Beo4 for other reasons Smile Wife does not like to fiddle with the List command to . Prefer to push a button ...Geeked

• 11-19-2009 2:14 AM In reply to

stefan:
    read in the service menu.

BV8 sequence is:

1. MENU
    2. MENU
    3. focus on "CONNECTIONS"
    4. 0
    5. 0
    6. GO
    7. then select "MONITOR INFORMATION'

(my BV8 is set to Option 2)

stefan:
    customer service menu

FYI BV8 sequence is:

1. MENU
    2. 4
    3. focus on "OPTIONS"
    4. RED
    5. GO

But the data is not there :-)

Thanks for your help

• 11-19-2009 6:46 AM In reply to

Hi again,

I just tried AV - DVD when I had a Blu-ray DVD going on the BV8.

I expected the sound to play also over the BS3000, but it did not... BL3`s switched on fine and the BS3000 showed "DVD" on the display, but no sound.

Is that due to the fact that the sound from the DVD goes over the HDMI? 

Anyone?

• 11-19-2009 8:46 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes, you are right. You need analogue audio to distibute via masterlink. Connect rca outputs (red-white) to scart plug of your DVD AV port on the BV8.

Maybe your BR player is able to send digital AND analogue audio simultaneously. Now you should get sound in your BS3000 room.

BTW my BR player, an LG BD 390, is able to play digital AND analogue audio AND picture.

Stefan

• 11-19-2009 9:00 AM In reply to

stefan:

Yes, you are right. You need analogue audio to distibute via masterlink. Connect rca outputs (red-white) to scart plug of your DVD AV port on the BV8.

Maybe your BR player is able to send digital AND analogue audio simultaneously. Now you should get sound in your BS3000 room.

BTW my BR player, an LG BD 390, is able to play digital AND analogue audio AND picture.

Stefan

I think my Samsung BDP1500 can send digital AND analogue audio simultaneously.

I think I have AV 2 assigned to DVD and I have selected HDMI for input.

Will the BV8 still "listen for" incoming sound on the AV 2 Scart socket?

• 11-19-2009 9:12 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes......and composite picture......for linkrooms.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)