in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-03-2010 1:09 PM by MoglesMac. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2009 6:18 PM

Installing a System Module on a Beovision 8 - 32

Am I satisfied and proud owner of a BV8-32 and I have a System Module laying around, right now I dont need the extra SCARTs or Masterlink on it, but I might wanna install it later, according to dealer it was just a matter of plug & play :) but read a thread here about a similar install on BV7 (was tho DVB-S/T module) but you had to use Bang & Olufsen ServiceTool after install. In my instructions its saying just that I should use ServiceTool after installing...

Now first question, It is only plug&play for this card? I dont need to do a flashupdate or sw update?

My plan is via Beolink Converter 1611 hook the BV8 to a BS7000, (speakers connected to BS7000)....

Second question, I will be able to choose on BV8 if and when BS7000 should start up its speakers? I can start TV always with its own speaker and then when I choose via menu use speakers on BS7000?

Hope I make myself clear :)

MoglesMac

Sweden

• 11-15-2009 12:55 AM In reply to

Re: Installing a System Module on a Beovision 8 - 32

Believe it or not (I didn't at first) it's actually as easy as it sounds. It slots in like an old Nintendo cartridge and just works.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-15-2009 4:43 AM In reply to

You have to watch for the right software for the module in order to avoid some difficulties. Let your dealer do the installing/software update!

Ernie

• 11-15-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

And for the speaker question:

It all depends on  how you configure your setup ones connected in through ML/MCL.

In your suggested setup you set both your BM7000 and your BV8 to option 1 (default). Your TV will only respond to TV commands and your BM will respond to audio commands. To get TV sound from your BM you will select "AV" on your Beo4 followed by "TV". You BM will then present the sound from your TV. Should you desire to hear your CD through the TV you simply press "AV" followed by "CD".

/Lars 

• 11-15-2009 5:45 AM In reply to

Ahh thanx all for the positive posts, and especially Lars for the info on beolink converter. Now im even more sure I have to install the module hehe good too have for future use.

Thanx all.

MoglesMac

Sweden

• 11-15-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

Only thing to add is that if you plan to use a Beolink 7000, make sure the software in the Beomaster 7000 is 1.3 as this will allow 2 way control of the Beomaster and one way of the Beovision.

• 11-15-2009 12:27 PM In reply to

Oh ok, think i read a old thred about that a time ago here. I do have a BL7000 but my plan right now is to have it in a floorstand in linkroom (thanx Peter for MCL2A-box) :). For fast control in mainroom i will use a Beo4 with a additional support from a BL5000. Would never use either BL5000 or BL7000 for TV-control, so far hehe

Cheers 

MoglesMac

• 05-03-2010 1:09 PM In reply to

Sorry for bumping this but does this also mean that if my BM7000 is under v 1.3 I will also loose 2-way-communication to link-room via MCL? or

"just" in mainroom?

Just want to be sure before i take the plunge hehe

Thanx in advance

Jesper 

Sweden

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)