in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-08-2009 9:02 AM by stefan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2009 5:27 AM

Composite Cables for BV7-40

Hi

A quick question about cables, sorry if it seems a bit basic. I've got two and soon to be three sources fighting for input to my 7-40 via composite cables, ie PS3, HD Camcorder, and Apple TV.

It's a bit of a struggle getting behind the TV to change the cables, so I wondered if anyone else has a solution. I thought it might be possible to make up 5 individual cables, with the male ends going into the TV, and the other ends, close to my aforementioned inputs, as females, so it is possible to connect and reconnect the sources well away from the back of the telly.

Has anyone else tried this, or is there a better solution I'm missing. Obviously the scart sockets are all used up. If this type of cabling is available, where would I get it from.

Thanks

Brian

• 11-06-2009 10:53 PM In reply to

Re: Composite Cables for BV7-40

We use a 3-input 1-output switching box that we bought from a local "hi-fi" store (some would say that this store is actually "lo-fi").

We have a Wii and a Playstation 2 wired this way, and moved the PS 3 to the HDMI connection.

[currently I am trying to find a similar economical switch for HDMI]

This box has physical switches (I have seen remote control switches advertised) - the depressed switch and an associated dim blue light indicates which input/source has been selected (e.g. INPUT 2 below)

The game station signals are routed via the switch to the CAMERA interface on the BV8.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-07-2009 5:56 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You won`t need a switching box at all if you own a BV7-40. The BV7 got SCART AV sockets. Connect SCART - RCA adapters to the ports and now there are three composite inputs that switches automatically by changing video sources via your Beo4/5. For example V.MEM (AV1), DVD2 (AV2), V.AUX (AV3). In addition you got analog stereo inputs as well (rca - red/white). In this way you will also have picture/sound on your link-TVs.

@elephant: For a HDMI expander maybe this helps: http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2896&language=en

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 11-07-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

Hi Again

Thanks for your replies, they were helpful

Brian

• 11-07-2009 4:59 PM In reply to

Thanks Stefan ...

FYI on my BV8 I use both the SCART and the HDMI connectors for AV2 which I have mapped to DVD; this lets me use an Australian PS3 (HDMI) or a UK DVD player.  The AV2 port and BV8 switch automatically to whichever powered on source is providing the AV signal.  My other SCARTs are dedicated to the STB and the B&O VCR.

Thanks also for the HDMI expander ... the prices seem high but from the short product descriptions it seems that they have special interface support for B&O ... is this true ?  Do you have person experience with these products ?  Are they worth the extra cost ?

Gefen HDMI Expander

DVI expander especially developed for first generation BeoVision 7. Controlled through the TV built-in STB controller. V.MEM, DTV etc. is automatically chosen, when selecting a source. Switches between four DVI-HDMI inputs. Very compact device. Controlled with Gefen RC-5 IR codes.

The FAQ link had some very interesting configuration diagrams for different B&O set-ups ...

http://www.oneremote.dk/oneremote/relay_faq_full.asp?faqid=faq367.htm

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-08-2009 9:02 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Some time ago I thought about about "updating" my BV7-40 MKII with the HGMI expander, but decided to replace it with an MKIII. So, no I have no experience with this product. The HDMI expander is controlled by the stb (PUC) controller of your BV7. To do this it requires newest BV7-SW for HDMI expander, stb controler, an IR transmitter. A few years ago I had a SCART expander for my AV9000 and two digital stbs with inbuilt oneremote controllers for Beo4, and they worked pretty well.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)