in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-14-2010 10:07 AM by beophase. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2009 3:08 PM

using MX7000 speakers

Hello:

I have an old MX7000 and would like to use the active speakers to conect a ipod or something else. my idea is to put away all no necesary things and keep only the power supply, amplifier and speaker. Any experience on that? could it work?

I have a mx7000 schematics and looks not that dificult, any coment.

I would apreciate your help.

Thank you very much.

jorge 

Filed under:
  • 11-08-2009 7:24 AM In reply to

Re: using MX7000 speakers

Hello again,

i have been preparing my project and based on the Wiring diagram of the MX7000 i thing I dont need the followings parts:

1/38 tuner & IF

31 nicam

13 sync processing

39 pal decoder

41 pal/secam/ntsc decoder

37 teletext

3 video output

My idea is to use the Euroconector socket (AV1) to make the audio input. Like this I can keep using the BEO4 to increase or decrease the volumen.

I am thinking also to  use the speakers like external ones of a new flat tv. It could be mounted up the speakers and use also the stand function :-)

I would really apreciate your coments.

thank you.

Jorge Garcia  

• 11-10-2009 1:00 PM In reply to

The set is designed to work in just the audio mode anyway,so I imagine you could permanently disable the video sections.You will need to keep all the various panels in place however,as there is quite a sophisticated data comms and service fault sensing network in the design,which will prevent the set working if sections are disconnected.

Regards,

Nick

• 11-10-2009 1:51 PM In reply to

How I put in audio mode? I have a remote Beo4. I would like to put away the "Glass Bulb" to decrease the volumen of the setting (doing som tunning :-)

thank you.

jorge

• 11-13-2009 6:38 AM In reply to

See the user guide re.setting the set to "option 2".In this mode,when selecting an audio source eg.radio,cd etc.the tv will come on with only the audio stages working.

Don't attempt to remove the crt or otherwise dismantle  this set unless you have experience of this type of work.Tv's can be dangerous,they carry high voltages even when switched off.

Regards,

Nick

• 11-14-2009 4:53 AM In reply to

thank you Nick. I will take care with the CRT, i will discharge it as good as I can.

One of the things I would like to do is to put away the flyback transformer, in order to avoid futures problems. I am not sure if it is better to cut the red wires or to put away the flyback from the Mainboard (would it still working the Mainboard?).

I start next week with the project :-) I will inform you about my workshop.

regards

JOrge .

• 11-22-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

FIASCO!!!

NO WAY!! is not posible to do my project. If I try do disconect any of the panels the all system stops. even a small cable von tuner. I dont  mind to keep all panels but also the tube cannot be disconected. I cannot use the speakers us I wanted. 

I tried also to use only the part 46 "Headphones & Amplifier & power supply", giving 20volt and adding a sound source but it doestn work. (the amplifier was working but it came no sound at all)

very sad :-( :-(

any idea how to proceed?

jorge

• 11-30-2009 4:50 AM In reply to

Eureka!!!

yes I did it!!! I did the way you told me. My problem was the diagram that I have for the Audio Aux was wrong. I make the input via Audio Aux, and later with the Beo1000  press AV RADIO. it works and I can disable the flyback and the CRT power suply. Rest of the panels cannot be disconectet.

now i will start doing some Tunning of the box, and we will see how it looks like.

Thank you all.

jorge

• 12-06-2009 3:41 AM In reply to

Hallo!

I want to use only speakers, too. (thread)

Unfortunately i removed many components, like CRT, PCB's and cut of the frame. I now have only PCB's #4, #46, #44, #45, #48, #49, #32 and #9.

It seem's there is an security ciruit so board #4 do not power board #46.

Is it possible to divert required power from board #4, maybe with soldering? Or is there any Problem with high voltage?

• 12-06-2009 4:16 AM In reply to

EYYY!!!!! you are my man!!!! we are doing the same project!!!!

I tell you what I have done:

The only way to keep the speakers playing is puting the MX in audio mode. That means I conect a CD player to the Audio Aux and type AV + RADIO in the Beo4. In that way the MX7000 only plays like and amplifier and you cann disconect the CRT, the power suply and the fly back. (then no risk of high voltages from main board anymore). In that point if you press TV or VTAPE the sistem wont work at all. 

I am doing like this so you can still use the Beo4 to increase or decrese the volumen and to change the Bass, trebel, etc. 

At that point if you disconect any single wire from any board the sistem doesnt work. (included the #37 Teletext)

The way you are thinking was my first option: to use only the #46amplifier and the power amp left and right. But I dont think is it posible because the system has to work all together. 

nice to ear someone with the same project :-)

Jorge 

• 12-06-2009 4:48 AM In reply to

I do not have other PCB's anymore. I guess the only way for me is to modify board #4, so it can deliver power from P17 to P124 on board #46. Then i will be able to switch 'beolab' with P121 on board #46 on. Thats my hope.

Im not in elektronic circuits at all. :-/

• 12-08-2009 5:08 AM In reply to

Hello again:

this is my actual "status" :-) I still cann hear the music like this :-) I will keep you informed:

if you have any coments just let me know. 

jorge 

• 12-08-2009 2:00 PM In reply to

Surprise, looks same at my side, only with fewer parts and frame cutted off. ;)

Do you have the serivce-manual? If yes, what about your knowledge if you look at board #4? I see main input and +20/-20 Volt output i need, but dont know how to get it. :P

Anybody here who can help out how to get power from board #4 to speaker-amps in a safe way? Of course with trigger functionality to switch on amps over PL.

• 12-08-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

Yes I have a service manual, I dont know how to get +20/-20 V power from Main Board #4, as I told you that was also my first try. But I didnt follow that way because the systems colaps inmediatly wehn you put any of the wires of the set. And worst I would not be able to use the remote control, so there is no way  to control volumen or swith on/off.

Dont you have the other parts and try to build it again? as I told you the MX can work in audio mode and you can remove the parts I've done.

I am having some space problems and I would like to put away some parts, like Teletex #37 or tuner&IF #38, but no way!!! it colaps :-( Any idea how we can do it? it seems the all set has a security check that controls that everything is on place.

Jorge

• 12-09-2009 4:37 AM In reply to

jgarciah:

I am having some space problems and I would like to put away some parts, like Teletex #37 or tuner&IF #38, but no way!!! it colaps :-( Any idea how we can do it? it seems the all set has a security check that controls that everything is on place.

Sort of... there is this "power fail" feature that runs through a number of modules. The CPU sends out a square wave signal and expects to get it back from the other side of the loop. Any power supply failure detected elsewhere will ground the signal and the CPU shuts the TV down to avoid catastrophic failures. If you unplug a module that is connected to the power fail bus the TV will not start up. This check can be temporarily bypassed when entering service menu, but it will be back again after you turn the set off.

In a similar way, just about every module has a chip or two connected to the I2C bus. If any of them doesn't respond to the CPU, it once again shuts down. This will be harder to fake...

I can see why you guys want to do what you are doing, but I really don't think it is feasible to reuse anything but the speakers and the audio amplifiers, powered by a completely different power supply. The original power supply is just too centered around powering a CRT TV. Good luck anyway Smile

-mika

• 12-10-2009 7:33 AM In reply to

I asume it would be imposible to fake the system if we take away some modul. If any of you has an idea just let us know.

And coming back to the simple way to do it (with a different power supply and using only the amplifiers), wich moduls would be necesary? could we control the volumen?

another question: would it be possible to supply, with different power supplys, the diferents moduls to get the benefit of the Beo4 (switch on/off, volumen)?

thank you.

• 12-12-2009 6:01 AM In reply to

Hello to all!!

after trying severals ways to put the all moduls I have found a way to put all in place without using a lot of space. As you can see it looks like a mess but i will short all the wires and put it everything clear. that is only the way I am going to put it. Any comment?

I have had to extend the wires from the Left and Right amplifier to the speakers, would that affect to the sound quality?

thank you all.

jorge

• 12-13-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

Hey Jorge looks like we are the only madcaps trying this! :)

jgarciah:
    I have had to extend the wires from the Left and Right amplifier to the speakers, would that affect to the sound quality?

No Problem! I guess anything belew 10 meters isnt noticeable.

Is there a separate power supply for the amps available anywhere?

We dont quit this project! =)

• 12-14-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

yes we are :-)

in order to get a separate power supply you better look for a any kind of device and look how many Volts you get. A power supply of a Laptop you get 18V. But I think you need 40Vols (+20/-20). 

how do you want to solve the volumen control??

• 12-16-2009 12:03 PM In reply to

Hi!

I just need the speaker to behave like any other Beolab, the volume is controled by my audio-preprocessor. All my Beolabs are attached to this preprocessor using a adapter-cable ( RCA(audio data)+miniJack(trigger) to DIN8(Powerlink) ).

• 12-27-2009 2:59 PM In reply to

Hello Everybody!!!!

I did it, I am ready!!! I just finish to make the set up of the speakers of the MX7000. I have keep all the panels, otherweise the systems doesnt work at all. Now just felt the tunning part to make that Beo-Jorge looks gut :-)

I send you some pictures of the results. Please notice that after several wiring cuting and sorthing  the system still works :-)

• 02-14-2010 10:07 AM In reply to

Finally, after many words between me and some professionals i gave up. It is not impossible to get it working (using the amps and get power from mainboard), but there's some serious work to do. And i have to pay someone to do it, no chance on my own.

So it looks like jgarciah's way is the best to save money and time if you want to use active MX 7000 speaker system.

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)