in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2009 8:38 PM by Sal. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2009 8:30 PM

Universal Remote and B&O IR codes

Since B&O has to do everything differently then the rest of the known universe....

does anyone know of any universal remotes that will also broadcast the B&O frequencies

(I heard of one recently but it - surprise surprise - was obscenely expensive)

as I recall the beo5 does not control non-B&O stuff unless there is a lot of extra hardware?

-michael

• 10-25-2009 11:31 PM In reply to

Re: Universal Remote and B&O IR codes

The Logitech Harmony range of remotes work with B&O. I have one and love it!! I don't use my Beo4 anymore....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-26-2009 2:03 AM In reply to

Michael,

The Beo5 is capable of controlling 99.9% of 3rd party products (non B&O) directly (i.e. without extra hardware.)

Regards Keith....

• 10-26-2009 3:33 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:
    without extra hardware

... but you need a piece of software from B&O, that is very difficult to get, you also need small XML files that describe the remote's codes...

... or you need your B&O dealer to do it for you, or, as you'll see on the advert below, someone can do it for you.

• 10-26-2009 3:41 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Keith Saunders:
    without extra hardware

... but you need a piece of software from B&O, that is very difficult to get, you also need small XML files that describe the remote's codes...

... or you need your B&O dealer to do it for you, or, as you'll se on the advert below, someone can do it for you.

True, but the question clearly stated, "without extra hardware"

Regards Keith....

• 10-26-2009 5:07 AM In reply to

I have done what Keith "suggests" with great results!

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-26-2009 6:48 AM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

jldmelb:

The Logitech Harmony range of remotes work with B&O. I have one and love it!! I don't use my Beo4 anymore....

Hi

Also Philips Prestigo works fine with B&O. I use it to control B&O and Loewe. Like jldmelb, I prefer to use the Philips. It is much easier to use than Beo4.

BR

Clakke

• 10-26-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

What are the specific Logitech and/or Philips remotes that people like that work with the B&O?

There appears to be zillions of models and it is hard to find one that I like and will work with B&O...... and will probably need to buy online so returning it might be a problem

-michael

• 10-26-2009 8:18 AM In reply to

....and I tend to like the Philips since I have one of their TVs

-m

• 10-26-2009 8:45 AM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

mfirst:

What are the specific Logitech and/or Philips remotes that people like that work with the B&O?

There appears to be zillions of models and it is hard to find one that I like and will work with B&O...... and will probably need to buy online so returning it might be a problem

-michael

Hi

My Philips is called Prestigo, but the real name is SRU8015. I do not know what it is called today. It was a year ago I bought it.

Clakke

• 10-26-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

I am a big fan of the Logitechs... having a pair for two theater/media rooms that have been faultless. They were a snap to program and control everything that I have thrown at them. B&o specifically: Avant + BS9000

I will be doing a third theater/media room soon and yes, I will be buying another one!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-26-2009 7:02 PM In reply to

ok - you Philips fans better be right!

http://www.gamerhotline.com/philips-prestigo-15-device-universal-remote/

on sale for $39.99

-michael

• 10-26-2009 8:38 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

I second the Logitech. I have a Harmony One and it worked great with all my B&O. Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)