in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2009 8:01 AM by Beo_AL. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2009 4:16 AM

CDX parts?

Hi all, I am after replacement Left and Right hinges for A CDX and also a replacement touch panel.

Any idea where or who could help?

Also I am intending to make moulds of the hinges so I can make replacements for other people as hinge failure is an ongoing issue.  These replacements will be stronger than the originals and will have metal bushes rather than the all plastic originals.

I am new to beoworld so still trying to find my way around. So bare with me will i find my beolegs.

AL

• 10-21-2009 5:59 AM In reply to

Re: CDX parts?

I'm working on to make a glass reply but it requires time...

Eugenio Colazzo

• 10-21-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

Take a look over here.

Pics are still missing, maybe they could be "retrieved?"

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-21-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

Cheers for the link. Sounds like a good fix, shame the pix don't work. but I get the jist of it from the post.

• 10-21-2009 10:21 AM In reply to

You are making one? did I read that right?

• 10-21-2009 11:19 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Beo_AL:

Cheers for the link. Sounds like a good fix, shame the pix don't work. but I get the jist of it from the post. 

I've requested the pictures be reinstated but it may take a few days. I knew I should have kept the originals on file but hey-ho. I think I have a perfect right hand hinge though. Where are you located?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-21-2009 8:29 PM In reply to

Look forward to seeing them. Im in Dorset.

A right hand hinge would be very useful if you want to part with it. The right hinge on mine is worse than the left.

AL

• 10-22-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi AL,

photo's have been restoredSmile

Send me a message with your address (click on my user name and either use "start a conversation" or send me an email option) and I'll drop the right hand hinge in the post for you.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-23-2009 12:19 AM In reply to

Cheers Chris, just looked at the pics. Thats an excellent repair method, you can hardly tell its been touched.

I'll try to send you a message re address now. I'm still getting to grips with all the bits on the forum so if nothing appears, let me know.

AL

• 10-23-2009 1:00 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Message received AL.

I'll dig it out this weekend & hopefully beat the next postal strike.Super Angry

Chris.

• 10-23-2009 7:36 AM In reply to

Thanks Chris, no rush as I am away next week, so if you want to wait till the post gets back to normal it will be fine.

cheers AL

• 11-01-2009 8:01 AM In reply to

I'm back again. Rejeuvinated after a week in the sunSmile now its back to fixing things to while away the winter months.

Just had a tinker with the CDX and got it almost working despite the cracked touch panel. It recognises most discs with the occasional funny ? symbol on a few. But It has no sound. Or rather when you put the volume up to full you can only just hear the music above the background noise. (It's hooked up to a beocentre 4000)

The out put seems to be stereo, so it looks like the reading and decoding is fine, just a problem somewhere after that. Anyone know where I should be looking to fix this?

cheers AL

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)