in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2009 4:30 AM by joeyboygolf. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2009 12:12 AM

• caco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-13-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beogram 4500 tonearm adjustment

Hello All,

This is my first post. I have been able to resolve my other issues by reading other threads and haven't given much advice due to my lack of experience.

I thought I did a pretty good search for this topic but haven't found specifics. If there is one already, please point me to it. So let me lay down the issue.

I have been using a Beogram 5005 for quite sometime without any problems at all. I recently acquired a Beogram 4500 that is almost there I think. Not sure if this is something that I can fix or that needs to be taken to a professional. Everything seems to work fine. I can cue, <Turn and Lift> works fine, belt is fine. But when I press play, the tone arm reaches the record groove from its initial position (all the way to the right) but it lands just at the edge of the record and slides back outside (to the right of the record). This issue can be avoided if I just use the <Turn button and position it right at the groove but it's annoying and I want to be able to repeat the record over and over.  Not sure if I'm making sense.

I compared the tonearms of both of my beograms and they both seem to have the same tension (sideways) so I think it's not loose.

Is there a way to adjust this? Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Caco

Filed under: ,
  • 10-14-2009 4:30 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 4500 tonearm adjustment

Yes there is an adjustment for this but it is not really possible for me to describe how to do it.

I suggest that you upgrade to silver membership (costs £15) of the forum, download the service manual and you can read full instructions with pictures.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)