in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2009 5:07 AM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 160 replies.
Page 3 of 7 (161 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

Re: How independant is Beoworld?

@ 9 Lee, Sorry, But I am not the person you think I am! And for sure I do not want to criticize your work in general, but as a moderator moderate! If you have to change a posting for what reason so ever, make a remark at the posting that you did it and why. If I you had deleted the picture and made a remark, I wouldn’t have questioned the independency at all. The rest is history and mostly because “Beoworld” sees demons and acts like they been chased by extremely stinging bees. I made some critical remarks and on every remark the answers are in some way even more ridiculous. If Beoworld had stated: “we are independent and want to keep it this way and we regret the way things have been resolved. In the future we will handle different”. Then there would have been no debate. But then Beoworld’s demons came ………….. and made is worse and worse. Before I rest my case only one question: why is the other picture allowed on the forum? Now I rest my case.
  • 10-08-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

Sven_Peter:

....extremely stinging bees.

Shiver. Truly the stuff of my nightmares :P

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-08-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

Sven_Peter:
     If Beoworld had stated: “we are independent and want to keep it this way and we regret the way things have been resolved. In the future we will handle different”. Then there would have been no debate. But then Beoworld’s demons came ………….. and made is worse and worse. Before I rest my case only one question: why is the other picture allowed on the forum? Now I rest my case.

I don't think there is anything for Lee to regret to be honest. He removed the post  and 100% of the moderators an 90% of members support him in that.

It's time to draw this to a close and move on!

Simon

• 10-08-2009 10:20 AM In reply to

>>It's time to draw this to a close and move on!<<

Yes .... I always figured it would look like Trip English and now he confirmed that so i will send that pic to engadget as inside scoop ..... B&O launches new TV in a suit ......

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-08-2009 1:28 PM In reply to

• RayTheWash
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • South East London
    • Posts 93
    • Founder

Hi all,

I do not normally post on threads like this but in this instance i do back Lee 100%, given that that you cannot please everyone all of the time! but out of interest especially to Lee, i have recently visited the factory in Struer and had a fantastic time and met some genuinely friendly staff who were incredibly helpful and hospitable but i got extra kudos and respect from mentioning Beoworld Cool so all the hard work Lee and everyone else puts in has paid off to a extent, and i would be sad if that were spoilt by vague independence issues and a leaked picture of this singularly important product launch for B&O, which is pretty imminent!

Regards

Ray

• 10-08-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

jk1002:

Yes .... I always figured it would look like Trip English and now he confirmed that so i will send that pic to engadget as inside scoop ..... B&O launches new TV in a suit ......

While it's good news that I've broken cover as the highly anticipated BeoVision 10, I'm afraid that I'm considerably thicker than rumors have indicated! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-08-2009 4:12 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

jk1002:

While it's good news that I've broken cover as the highly anticipated BeoVision 10, I'm afraid that I'm considerably thicker than rumors have indicated! 

But are you made out of  a single block of aluminium?

• 10-08-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

A tricky issue Unsure

As a dealer, it is an almost daily occurance to be asked for images/info/specs for new or imminent products.  It can be frustrating - particularly when launch dates can shift around or products are delayed - to have little or nothing official to show.  It is even more frustrating if a member of staff is then shown or told about something that lurks online before they have seen an official version !!

However, there are many sectors where a press embargo is in place prior to the official launch of a product, and for perfectly valid marketing reasons.

but...things leak out - officially or otherwise, things get pictured and things get "found" (remember the serenata line drawing from a licencing submission?)  and then posted in places like this. 

Lee - for what its worth, I think on balance you have acted with the best of intentions, both for your site, and for the brand.  110% behind your decision, I'm sure it was a hard call.

The original poster may or may not have had similarly good intentions, ie  merely wishing to tip off like minded enthusiasts - I have no idea one way or the other - but ....using such an obvious alias, then (seemingly) stirring it up behind the scenes via PM's don't strike me as the actions of someone with the best of intentions..... 

As for the Bv10 - it will be the next Avant, and it is a thing of beauty....it may even find its way to the foothills of the Pennines to replace my beloved Avant at home in the near future.......assuming we sell a few first Stick out tongue!!

Peter - you made a wise choice, as ever.....another classic to add to your collection.

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 10-08-2009 4:58 PM In reply to

Peter :

I will happily carry the can for editing the post mentioned above - I was emailed stating that this was effectively advertising by a company not registered as one of our sponsors. I removed the offending links and left the thread which developed nicely. Would do the same again with no hesitation. I would not want to see this site become full of threads advertising goods. Those sites who do advertise on here pay for this and letting others do so at no cost would seem very unfair. The only option would be to allow all advertising and a number of B&O message boards have disappeared after this has occurred.

Peter - this also seems fair enough.

You did the correct thing.  Way back when, I recall mentioning something in a thread that was removed as being too close to a commercial message.....I can't remember if it was an in-store event (not the Beoworld meet we hosted here - that was fine, and we must get round to a another ) or something we had for sale....anyway, a decision was made, it was removed, I got a very polite explanation via email and that was that.

A few rules and regulations are worth having to protect the site in its current form without wall to wall advertsing, pop ups and so on.

If people want to see a heavily modded forum, full of hidden agenda's, vitriol and vested interests, I could point to a few of the music/festival sites I also use Surprise

Beoworld is a quiet haven of civility, decorum and good manners in comparison.  Paradise

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 10-09-2009 8:57 AM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

I don't really understand the relevance of who posted the picture - genuine member or not.

The fact remains that someone posted a picture that potentially gives us some knowledge we didn't have before. If that ruins an expensive launch party for B&O then tough luck! They can choose which pictures they want on their site but not on anyone elses. Furthermore, this picture would do NOTHING to take sales away from them, and is actually likely to generate a few extra since some may feel a little more confident about putting in an order before they land in the dealerships.

I have to say that I was worried when they came onboard as a sponsor for this very reason. I'm now wondering if such an image would have been removed had they not been.

Have we sold out for the price of a BV8?!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 10-09-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

k984942:

If that ruins an expensive launch party for B&O then tough luck!

Big difference between 'tough luck' and a lawsuit (or maybe just no more co-operation) for a breach of copyright.

So many people see no problem with breaching copyright these days, especially on the web:- entirely different matter if you are the website owner or publisher. (Of course, I am assuming that the picture involved was lifted from B&O material. Apologies to all if I've got that wrong.)

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-09-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

k984942:

Please, try and see the bigger picture here - no pun intended.  Is that it then, a BV8-40 and we're slaves to B&O..  a bit of a dramatic and sweeping question, but hey - i respect your opinion and will try and answer.

For years we were treated with suspicion by B&O, were intensely disliked by the dealer network and the previous owner of the site was stonewalled by B&O at every attempt to communicate. 

Now we have tours of the factory, products to review, input from B&O to our thoughts and opinions, invites to product launches, boxes and boxes of prizes for the draw, gifts to simply give away, dealers who can publically be seen as friends, and kudos from staff and employees of the company when we mention we are a BeoWorld Member.  Is that all bad?

And yes - i don't want a lawsuit either.. we don't have enough money.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-09-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

My first comment on this thread...

Hardwriter:
    But Lee has a problem because as the owner of this site he is responsible for what it contains. If he publishes an image that is copyright of B&O or that was obtained illegally he could find himself facing some very time-consuming problems.

Folks, it doesn't get any simpler than that!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-09-2009 2:51 PM In reply to

Being deceitful from the start and giving false information about yourself and having the nerve to complain about censorship is more than enough reason to suspect that "Sven Peter" and his fear of  "extremely stinging bees" is up to no good and is best left to his own demise.

Let Sven post his BV 10 photos on his own website and claim responsibility for HIS action. Don't fault Lee, he did the correct thing on behalf of Beoworld.   

• 10-09-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

well said

popgear is grate™

• 10-09-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Let me put it this way:-

The person in question is a long standing trouble maker for Beoworld and if we let him rum amok and do exactly as he pleases then this site will become nothing more than a sounding board for pointless arguments excatly along the lines of this one - which is EXACTLY his aim. Is that what we want ? If so then count me out.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-09-2009 3:19 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Hear !

Don't feed the trolls !

Martin

• 10-09-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

Is this by the grace of god who I think it isWinkWhistle

• 10-09-2009 6:24 PM In reply to

beolife:

Is this by the grace of god who I think it isWinkWhistle

Our Lord and Saviour???

• 10-09-2009 6:46 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

k984942:

Please, try and see the bigger picture here - no pun intended.  Is that it then, a BV8-40 and we're slaves to B&O..  a bit of a dramatic and sweeping question, but hey - i respect your opinion and will try and answer.

For years we were treated with suspicion by B&O, were intensely disliked by the dealer network and the previous owner of the site was stonewalled by B&O at every attempt to communicate. 

Now we have tours of the factory, products to review, input from B&O to our thoughts and opinions, invites to product launches, boxes and boxes of prizes for the draw, gifts to simply give away, dealers who can publically be seen as friends, and kudos from staff and employees of the company when we mention we are a BeoWorld Member.  Is that all bad?

Lee

I'm not disputing the benefits we've all gained from maintaining a good relationship with B&O  - this thread is to question the 'bigger picture' of whether we're as independent as we'd like to be. 

A picture was removed from the site after B&O contact, yet you explanations concentrated on the suspect identity of the poster, together with threat to B&O's forthcoming launch. This is the first time you have personally mentioned copyright or being sued in this thread.

On that basis I can't understand how my question could be considered dramatic or sweeping.

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 10-09-2009 7:02 PM In reply to

k984942:

9 LEE:

k984942:

Lee

I'm not disputing the benefits we've all gained from maintaining a good relationship with B&O  - this thread is to question the 'bigger picture' of whether we're as independent as we'd like to be. 

A picture was removed from the site after B&O contact, yet you explanations concentrated on the suspect identity of the poster, together with threat to B&O's forthcoming launch. This is the first time you have personally mentioned copyright or being sued in this thread.

On that basis I can't understand how my question could be considered dramatic or sweeping.

...probably because everyone sees things differently. I hear where you're coming from - a perspective that questions the nature of the veneer of independence this site has, not only from B&O, but from other vested interests based on its commercial nature - but the day-to-day reality is that for most users of this site, all of the above doesn't register and/or make an impact in their daily interactions with the site. Some are left to wonder exactly what's going on, but from the evidence of the paucity of posts made to this effect, do so in the privacy of their own mental space...

As Joeyboygolf says, we have the BV8 prize draw :)

• 10-09-2009 7:14 PM In reply to

Damb, i missed the image before it was removed. Would love to see a sneeky pre-view.
     Having said that im in total support of all beoworld admin and Lee.
     The BV10 has been talked about on this forum for so long that the excitement of seeing a new B&O product image on here first is something ive come acustomed to.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 10-09-2009 8:30 PM In reply to

Personally, I don't like to see pictures released before Bang and Olufsen officially release them. It spoils the build up for me and the run up to the actual launch.

• 10-10-2009 3:13 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

How do you know who it is? By the IP address?
  • 10-10-2009 3:26 AM In reply to

Couple of points:

-The picture was removed before any contact from B&O - they did contact us afterwards and thank us.

-The picture was very small, blurred and quite frankly added nothing to our knowledge apart from spoiling the B&O build up. The sketch on the other thread is actually far more revealing! That is however an artist's impression and details are never as clear as a photo.  I don't think we are that worried that B&O would sue us for posting such a rotten picture but a better picture would spoil the imminent launch and we would not wish to do this. I think this is the most important video product B&O will release since flat screens have arrived and it could well be make or break. Why would we, as enthusiasts for the brand, wish to do anything to harm B&O?

-I have no idea who the OP is - I know Lee has a suspicion. We do get various scoops sent to us and do try to sgare snippets that are not going to be commercially sensitive with you. These are often sent anonymously but through private channels. Posting directly to site is unusual as it does reveal the IP address.

Page 3 of 7 (161 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »