in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2009 5:07 AM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 160 replies.
Page 1 of 7 (161 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2009 9:48 AM

How independant is Beoworld?

I posted a picture of the BV10 today. Within an hour it was gone; as my uploaded files and my forum history At least make a remark on the forum that you edited a posting with the reason why. But to delete it completely as if it hadn't existed? So B&o has more influence on this site as expected!
  • 10-07-2009 10:06 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: How independant is Beoworld?

Reasonable question I think Sven. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so perhaps there may be some good explanation.

Why not try again, perhaps with a new thread titled 'Here is the new BV10'?

Good luck!

• 10-07-2009 10:31 AM In reply to

Oh, it's this time again...

I also agree that Sven has raised a valid point. However, I'd also assume he has broken some kind of an agreement when getting and then publishing that picture in any case. I can fully understand if Bananas & Oranges wanted to have the pic removed, or even if some moderator self-censored it away even before receiving any outside pressure (we used to do a lot of that in Finland when Soviet Union was still up and running).

Each and every time there is a new product launch approaching, we get this race where people try to be the first to publish a picture. For what, I dunno, for raised self esteem perhaps, as I can't see any other reward coming up for it. The pictures will  be all over the place (and not only Beoworld) the minute they are officially published anyway.

Also, I simply cannot understand the lust after these pictures - we've had some more or less official teasers about the general appearance and specifications, so why cannot people just wait the couple of weeks(?) for the official launch before wetting their pants? It's not like it's going to change anymore, and you can't order it yet anyway, so what's the rush?

It was a framed rectangle where the lower part seemed a little darker. Hope that helps.

Edit: and yes, I also think deletions such as this should be explained, at least to the original poster.

-mika

• 10-07-2009 10:55 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Mika,

Your description reminds me of myself, I often times take pictures of pre-production camouflaged cars and then start a race between several car magazines to see who wants them the first. Big Smile

Evan

• 10-07-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

WHY IS IT REMOVED?!

• 10-07-2009 11:24 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Sven_Peter - why did you register your account in a made-up name and use a bogus address if you want honesty and transparency?

For the record, it was your first post - and your 'history' was not deleted.. you didn't have any.

As for the image - yes, Tournedos was indeed correct - Bang & Olufsen have just spent a whole heap of money on a press launch in Copenhagen (and no, i'm not invited before you ask), and politely asked me to have a look to see if the image was posted with the intention of spoiling this.

If it had come from a bona-fide member, i would of course have discussed this behind the scenes with them before either leaving it on there or removing it. 

However, when it's a Bronze account with the users actual name as 'Peter Bang' and the address given as "no-street, stuer, dk, 11111, 222222222" - how can i have a discussion about this?

On that strength, i removed the post.   I have my strong suspicions as to who this is, but i will reserve judgement and leave it at that..

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-07-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Good reason enough for me Lee. Thanks.

• 10-07-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Nowadays, pictures of Apple products are shown on many news blogs/websites before the keynote... B&O is less important so there's only one good source : Beoworld. But in the past I remember seeing products pictures before the launch on this website, now it's finished. For me, that's part of the game. And we can consider that people reading Beoworld is only a very very small part of B&O consumers...

Concerning the BV10, as it does not replace anything in the portfolio, the problem of showing pictures of it is not a real problem as I don't see a lot of people stopping to buy BV8 or BV7 just by seeing the BV10. And people reading Beoworld already know almost anything about this new TV, so showing pictures of it would mean nothing on current sales...

I understand your view Lee, you're between two worlds, and in some cases like this one it's difficult to be on your position...

• 10-07-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

This sort of reaction was inevitable once the relationship with B&O was developed further.

Rather like the first time you crawl under the covers with the girl of your dreams, unless you are careful, there could be consequences!!

We got the BV8-40 draw prize!!!!

Regards Graham

• 10-07-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

This all screams: "WTF?!" to me.

It's 10 days from now on until it get official presented, its a TV set and not the picture of the holy grail or the secret fomula for the cure of cancer.

We should respect B&O and give them the opportunity to reveal their stuff in the way they want to revael it to the general public.

This all reminds me of some Mr. Blurrycam pictures found on engadget of everything that has an Apple on it (if its real or fake, don't care)

The only thing that matters is, that WE (B&O customers) KNOW that there IS someting in the pipeline before we buy something or somewhere else...

Don't steal the show and have someting to look forward to at BV10 day in 10 days ( :-) )

Best regards

Stephan

• 10-07-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

Sven_Peter - why did you register your account in a made-up name and use a bogus address if you want honesty and transparency?

For the record, it was your first post - and your 'history' was not deleted.. you didn't have any.

As for the image - yes, Tournedos was indeed correct - Bang & Olufsen have just spent a whole heap of money on a press launch in Copenhagen (and no, i'm not invited before you ask), and politely asked me to have a look to see if the image was posted with the intention of spoiling this.

If it had come from a bona-fide member, i would of course have discussed this behind the scenes with them before either leaving it on there or removing it. 

However, when it's a Bronze account with the users actual name as 'Peter Bang' and the address given as "no-street, stuer, dk, 11111, 222222222" - how can i have a discussion about this?

On that strength, i removed the post.   I have my strong suspicions as to who this is, but i will reserve judgement and leave it at that..

Lee

In that case you are right.

• 10-07-2009 12:40 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

9 LEE:
    Bang & Olufsen have just spent a whole heap of money on a press launch in Copenhagen

What can safely be said/repeated here is that money can’t really guarantee loyalty and loyalty doesn’t guarantee money … there will never be enough of both in this dangerous world, or so it seems. Surely, both Lee and B&O know that all too well… My personal view is that Lee behaved like a gentleman towards B&O.

But let’s not be that serious: what if the gold members could have a peek at the pic?

(running for cover)

Big Smile

• 10-07-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

I am for your solution saf Big Smile

• 10-07-2009 1:25 PM In reply to

The whole point of sites such as Beoworld is to provide information that B&O can't or won't and that includes new models. So I understand the criticism of editing a post.

But Lee has a problem because as the owner of this site he is responsible for what it contains. If he publishes an image that is copyright of B&O or that was obtained illegally he could find himself facing some very time-consuming problems.

For the record, I don't care what the BV10 looks like as I (hopefully) won't be buying a new TV for a long while yet

• 10-07-2009 2:00 PM In reply to

Lee, I am always behind you usually but here, come on... how can you tell someone that hiding behind a fake name to post some pictures is not respectable, when "the Sheep" who I think you know well have been doing just that!

Also, I have noticed a few post being removed recently at the request of some of the site sponsors (and not just B&O).

• 10-07-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

9 LEE:
    I have my strong suspicions as to who this is

When I saw the picture (who knows maybe it is still in my browser's cache?) and saw that Sven_Peter had had one post I knew that someone had created an account to get us a sneak preview whilst protecting their own identity.

I respect that person.

I also understand Lee's position.

I also respect Lee.

This debate shows that we are independent and yet can act responsibly and ethically to support B&O to help ensure that they are successful and keep delivering as WOW designs.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-07-2009 2:10 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

PhilLondon:

Also, I have noticed a few post being removed recently at the request of some of the site sponsors (and not just B&O).

Please, highlight these - i'm interested to know what these are as i'm not aware of any..

Lee

• 10-07-2009 2:15 PM In reply to

This one:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/post/227427.aspx

• 10-07-2009 2:45 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Okay, thanks - i will look into that one as i wasn't aware of it.  I can see who edited it, so i will consult him and of course let you know what the reason was.

And the others please?

Lee

EDIT - I've not yet spoken to the moderator that edited that post, but it appears it was a direct link to an advertiser selling a new type of ML cable.  The moderator has removed the link and asked the poster to contact myself to enquire about any advertising.

• 10-07-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Beoworld is an enthusiast site.
    Enthusiasts are supportive fans.
    We are an independent site with independent members but we all want the best for B&O (well most of us do, anyway) so
    will naturally act accordingly. Hey, we even spend our money buying their products !

A true supporting football fan, who just happens to know something, would never bring his favourite teams
    strategies etc. out in public, especially right before an important match.

How can we be true B&O fans if we stand in their way or even work against them deliberately ?

Martin

• 10-07-2009 3:02 PM In reply to

I will happily carry the can for editing the post mentioned above - I was emailed stating that this was effectively advertising by a company not registered as one of our sponsors. I removed the offending links and left the thread which developed nicely. Would do the same again with no hesitation. I would not want to see this site become full of threads advertising goods. Those sites who do advertise on here pay for this and letting others do so at no cost would seem very unfair. The only option would be to allow all advertising and a number of B&O message boards have disappeared after this has occurred.

• 10-07-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

Oh, and I have just pre-ordered my BV10 today! This is a wonderful product!

• 10-07-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Peter :

Oh, and I have just pre-ordered my BV10 today! This is a wonderful product!

Can you post a picture?WhistleDevilLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-07-2009 3:13 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

PhilLondon:

This one:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/post/227427.aspx

As far as I am aware no site sponsor has EVER asked for a thread to be edited or removed. Any such actions are done entirely by the moderators - often after some debate.

These actions are nearly ALWAYS discussed as to whether they infringe Beoworlds posting guidelines (some posts though are so obviously blatent advertising that they are removed without hesitataion and this appears to be the case here). Sometimes this is before any action and sometimes after action has been taken and if it is felt that the post in question doesn't infringe these guidelines then it is immediately reinstated. Nothing is ever done at the whim of just one moderator.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-07-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

In my opinion it should have stayed - unless there would have been a legal issue which I don't see.

If B&O asked to have it removed they should have offered something in return - maybe a sneak peak for beoworld members.

It shouldn't matter who post the pics and as it often goes with these things I can see that the person likes to stay anonymous.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 7 (161 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »