in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2009 3:40 PM by Alex. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2009 3:08 PM

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-25-2009
    • Salisbury
    • Posts 22
    • Bronze Member

B&O's ELECTRIC CURTAINS

Hi guys

When I turn on our Beovision 8 40 the electric curtains do their thing and the sound creeps up. Great! EXCEPT, unlike the other Beovisions with the curtains, it doesnt do this while the picture/sound is there - it does it before!

So in other words, the sound creeps up while there is NO SOUND and the curtains part to reveal NOT, the picture, but just a logo of timer.

Is it fair to say that it kind of spoils the illusion when this happens?

Some helpful Beoworlders told me about delaying the curtains so that they only open when the built-in DVB T (DTV) is ready, but I cannot make this work and my dealer said there is no such option and it is simply the case that the curtains open too early, er, and that's it...

What do you think?

Filed under: ,
  • 10-06-2009 3:43 PM In reply to

Re: B&O's ELECTRIC CURTAINS

Tom,

'mbee' reports the same issue part way down this thread. Looks like it's potentially an easy fix for B&O (in which case why not spot this issue before anything leaves the factory, and why hasn't there been a software update?)

Graham (Still using Avant with perfect curtain timing!)

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-07-2009 12:26 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

vikinger:

(Still using Avant with perfect curtain timing!)

Yep, until the tube dies!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-07-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

This is totally awesome and makes B&Os TVs looks like cheap crap when turned on (the timer logo is particularly awful).

The best way to fix that would be that B&O releases a firmware update which shortens the boot time of the DVB HD module, but maybe that's just wishful thinking...

An "temporary" way to fix it would be to modify the opening delay. But does anyone know if we can choose a different delay for each source (as I don't want to slow down the boot time for the other sources)?

• 10-07-2009 5:38 AM In reply to

Hi All

This is odd.. I have a BV8-40 and I dont have this problem..there is no timer or logo.... the screen opens to reveal the picture of the tv station or programme one is watching.

Perhaps I 'got lucky'  ????

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 10-07-2009 5:39 AM In reply to

Maybe a different sw version?

• 10-07-2009 8:58 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Hi David,

As I said, it's only when using the DVB-HD tuner, not the analog tuner, just make sure that you're digital... And if yes, I must ask you the usual question : what's your SW version?? (my BV8 is from august and had this timer image when I tested it at dealers and at home (it was just a test as I use a satellite STB for TV)...

Maybe it's due to differences in broadcasting in AUS...

• 10-07-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

This is my first post in a long time on BeoWorld so bear with me!

All B&O TVs have customer service menus which allow you to make more advanced modifications to the picture, sound and functionality. If you go into the standard TV menu where PICTURE, SOUND, CONNECTIONS etc... are shown, push RED, then GO. I can't quite remember where the option is, but I think it's called 'EXTRA BLANKING' or something. Here you can modify the start-up time of different sources by .1 of a second. Now whether you can modify the start up time for the built in tuner, I don't know. It's worth a try though...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)