in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2009 4:08 PM by Ciske. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2009 4:43 PM

• Ciske
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-09-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Connecting Beolaps 8000 directly to a DVD Player

Hi,

I recently got my hands on pair of Beolap 8000 speakers. The rest of my stereo / video equipment is rather antique and my knowledge about these matters is virtually non existent. So while I will one day own a very cool surround sounding blue ray beaming multimedia ... aeh... thing ... I currently do not have the time to compare pros and cons of different possible solutions and do not want to spend a lot of money on something that is going to be outdated next week.

Soooo I am currently looking for the 'smallest' solution to listen to CD's and watch movies using these great speakers.

I figured a DVD player with an adjustable line-out would be the ideal solution as it can play music and can be hooked up to the tv (still using scart). Unfortunatly I have not been able to find such a DVD player yet.

So my questions are

* Is this idea something that would work?
    * If yes - does anybody know a suitable dvd player (sporting an adjustable line-out)?
    * If neither can anybody suggest an alternative solution that would not cost a lot of money (as I want to save that for later...)

Thanks,

Ciske

• 09-23-2009 7:38 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting Beolaps 8000 directly to a DVD Player

You can try Linn or Meridian. They sell DVD players with built in sound processing. I noticed a secondhand Linn Unidisk 1.1 for a reasonable price on sale on www.audiogon.com, perhaps that might interest you. With that installed, you can easily expand to a full size multichannel B&O speaker system.

Hope this helps.

Alexander

• 09-23-2009 8:32 PM In reply to

I recently bought an OPPO Bluray.  It has RCA audio outs and a volume control from the remote - hence it should work.  I have not tried it, but in theory.  The OPPO was about $500 (US) and considered by most to be one (if not the) best BR/universal players on the market.

-m

• 09-24-2009 4:04 PM In reply to

• Ciske
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-09-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

I must admid that I did not know that you can spent 10k Euro upwards just for a dvd player. And of course I would never ever dare to connect a pair of cheap speakers such as the 8000 to a player like that. At least not without cables woven from pure gold :)

Ahem... thanks for the answer but this was not the 'small solution' I was looking for...

Cheers,

ciske

• 09-24-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

• Ciske
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-09-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestion - I am not sure I want to go Blue Ray just yet but the 'smaller' brother of your player, the DV-980H sounds like just the thing I am looking for.

Cheers,

ciske

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)