in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2009 5:20 AM by Puncher. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2009 2:49 AM

How do you rip CDs wil BeoPlayer?

How do you rip CDs with BeoPlayer? When i insert a CD i can play it on my BeoPlayer, but i would like to rip it to e.g. MP3 and copy it to my BS5. Is this done automatically when inserting the CD or do i have to do something?

• 09-21-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

Re: How do you rip CDs wil BeoPlayer?

Saxtoft.

I assume you are running windows? If so, save yourself a lot of time and effort and rip in Windows Media Player 10 (not later versions). You can easily edit your tracks and embed hi-res album art with this utility. Once done, scan with Beoplay and sycronise with the BM5.

10%

• 09-21-2009 8:19 AM In reply to

Windows media player won't do any "real losless", Beoplayer have got a real Losless.

You have to choose setup and then config. Watch in CD Copying and Standard if "Copy to Beosound 5" is activate.

Then, if it's ok, you just have to choose Copy on the down-left of the screen, a new windows appear at the middle then drag and drop the Cover CD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

• 09-22-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Why not WMP versions later than 10? My WMP 11 claims to do the following rips -

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-22-2009 5:06 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Why not WMP versions later than 10? My WMP 11 claims to do the following rips -

Because, if I remember correctly, WMP 11 has limited functionality compared to 10, is a S*d to edit and I also think no longer retains Advanced Tag Editing which makes adding decent album art resolutions a snip.

I'm also sure there are thousands of apps that can do this better than WMP but I have a life and WMP just seems to do what I need.

However, speaking of life, if you want to waste a good deal of it, I strongly suggest you use Beoplayer to rip all your CD's. It takes an eon just to rip a single CD and another to edit it should you wish.

10%

• 09-22-2009 5:20 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I thought wmp11 was meant to be much easier to use! Advanced tag editing is still there (right click on selection), there were some formats dropped but also some added (wav springs to mind). Anyhoo, I don't use it myself!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)