in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2009 12:21 PM by matapan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2009 6:07 PM

Ouverture with faulty doors and CD mechanism.

Hi!

I have a Ouverture that I just bought where the doors and CD mechanism doesn't work.
    When waving in front of it the lights goes on but doors are not moving at all. You can't hear the engine either.

When I opened it I found found something that didn't look right. Do I have to replace the whole PCB or is it possible to just replace the faulty components? Seems to be a transistor (TR14) and a IC (IC2).

Please have a look at the picture!

Best regards Ola

• 09-16-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

Re: Ouverture with faulty doors and CD mechanism.

Of course you can replace just the parts, but it might not be the only problem.

To me, it seems TR14 on the opposite side of the PCB at upper right has been so hot that the solderings have opened. It's part of the power supply to IC2, the door  motor driver which has been quite hot as well. I guess this might happen if the doors get stuck - but isn't there a belt that probably should slip in that case? Maybe the motor itself has seized (should be easy to disconnect it and try to run it with a battery).

The clamper motor seems to run from the same power suppy, so if it's dead also the problem is (at least) in the power supply.

The IC (L2722) should be readily available and cost 2-3 euros, BD438 likewise, only cheaper... I'd replace them both and redo the solderings after checking the motor and mechanism as to why these parts failed.

Edit: it's of course L2722 (dual power op-amp), LM2722 is a completely different animal...

-mika

• 10-01-2009 4:07 PM In reply to

Thanks for your answer!

I found it to hard to repair so I just bought a new PCB for 50 €.

Now I found that one of the lights, that lit the CD from the side, doesn't work.

Any clue about this? Is it a bulb or is it a LED?

/Ola

• 10-01-2009 4:26 PM In reply to

Great you got it working! That's not a bad price for a module of that complexity, I'd probably gone that route myself.

The schematic shows regular bulbs in there, four in parallel. So if only one is out, it has probably burned or has a bad contact. I have to admit I've never even seen an Ouverture in the flesh, so I can't advice you on how hard it is to get to them Laughing Didn't see the specs of the bulbs anywhere in the service manual either, so they might be part of a module... but I bet you can replace just one bulb if you want to.

-mika

• 10-01-2009 5:58 PM In reply to

Hi Ola:

Might I also suggest that you take a look at the array of fuses in the unit to make sure that they are all of the correct value.

Sometimes people put high current substitutes in them or bridge them with a piece of wire!

The fuses on this unit are pretty sensitve and they blow quickly to protect the electronics.

It strikes me as odd that your PCB would/could produce that much heat without first blowing the a fuse. Best to make sure so that future faults are not catastrophic.

Derek

• 10-04-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

It's a bulb. Don't know the wattage, but I found something similar at the local electronics component shop in the US for about USD $2. I bought bulbs of different wattages to try out until I found the one which provided a comparable brightness. The other way to go is to just buy the assembly with the bulb, available from B&O as a service part, I think.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)