in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-06-2009 9:51 PM by elephant. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2009 1:49 PM

New B&O products for September?

Any information about new product releases from B&O in september?

Or will the Beotime be the only new product from B&O for this month?

As far as I know for this year there are "missing" Beocom 5, new tube design sub, BV 7-55, ipod docking station, Beovision 10 (maybe)....

• 09-07-2009 10:28 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: New B&O products for September?

I have been hearing about the ipod dock for a while, wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it more. As far as the Beocom 5 is concerned, it looks almost ready for the market according to the most recent thread about it.

Evan

• 09-08-2009 2:19 AM In reply to

LifeStyle:

As far as I know for this year there are "missing" Beocom 5, new tube design sub, BV 7-55, ipod docking station, Beovision 10 (maybe)....

Hi Lifestyle,

The B&O year is a financial year, I think it is up to 31/5/2010. What I heard from my dealer in Holland is that the The BeoCom 5 will be released in October 2009. Who knows when the other products are sceduled?

Regards, Robert

• 09-08-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

Don't know about the sub and larger BV7 but I understood the iPod dock is already availalbe. At least my dealer recently sent me out a brochure with it included and quoted me a price for it - £350. He also advised me that he would recommend Apple TV instead as it integrates better and gives you on-screen display of content.

As I understood it, the iPod dock is not controlled via the TV/audio system but direct from the Beo4/5.

• 09-08-2009 8:19 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Hardwriter,

Does this brochure of yours have any pictures?

Evan

• 09-08-2009 11:33 AM In reply to

I haven't got the brochure anymore - shop's own promotion - but having checked the B&O site and seen there's no mention of it there I suspect it must have been the *** iPod dock they were featuring. I think I may have been sreading false information. From memory it looked very much like the *** unit, too.

Best not say who the dealer is in case it causes B&O-type troubles for them.

--
    *Link or reference to website with potentially fraudulent ownership removed*
    Martin
    Beoworld moderator
    --

• 09-08-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I understand your concern for the dealer in question.

Honestly I wasn't even aware that there was such a dock out there. I am presently using the standard apple dock, and I quite fancy the idea of an ipod dock that utilizes the beo4.

Evan

• 09-08-2009 8:33 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

There's a new thread that says the BV7-55 is going to be on sale around Christmas time.

Evan

• 09-08-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

This month we'll get the BeoTime. The BeoVision 7-55 will come out before Christmas. The BeoVision 10 will likely launch late January and the BeoCom 5 in Feb/March. Haven't really heard much about the iPod add-on for the BeoSound 5, but I'm guessing we'll see something next month internally that will give us a little better idea of when to expect it. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-09-2009 5:34 AM In reply to

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Thank you TripEnglish.

Would you also have an indicative timing for the new sub?

• 11-05-2009 8:26 AM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Hello, I received three units of the iPod dock for B&O into the UK from *** in Denmark and one of them didn't work at all and the other two exhibited error messages.  All three were considered to be not fit for purpose and I would not recommend them.  Bosscom advertises them as being "specially made to use with B&O". After discussions held at B&O's flagship store in London, they confirmed they have no relationship whatsoever with Bosscom.  The unit has the feel of an item that has been manufactured to very low specifications.  It came in a white cardboard box and had no literature, other than a photocopied A4 page. Everything about it, smacked of something made up in China to a very low price.  The unit is not a patch on the Arcam r-Dock for example.  The Bosscom unit attracted my attention because it had the potential to be used with the BEO4. At present I am waiting for the results of a charge back investigation from my credit card company, as *** refuses to make a refund. 

--
    *Link or reference to website with potentially fraudulent ownership removed*
    Martin
    Beoworld moderator
    --

• 11-05-2009 8:46 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Thanks for your information AND

Judith,

Welcome to Beoworld

BV10

• 11-05-2009 9:04 AM In reply to

Judith:

Hello, I received three units of the iPod dock for B&O into the UK from Bosscom in Denmark and one of them didn't work at all and the other two exhibited error messages.  All three were considered to be not fit for purpose and I would not recommend them.  Bosscom advertises them as being "specially made to use with B&O". After discussions held at B&O's flagship store in London, they confirmed they have no relationship whatsoever with Bosscom.  The unit has the feel of an item that has been manufactured to very low specifications.  It came in a white cardboard box and had no literature, other than a photocopied A4 page. Everything about it, smacked of something made up in China to a very low price.  The unit is not a patch on the Arcam r-Dock for example.  The Bosscom unit attracted my attention because it had the potential to be used with the BEO4. At present I am waiting for the results of a charge back investigation from my credit card company, as Bosscom refuses to make a refund. 

B&O is coming with a proper dock system probably some time next year.
    May I suggest to check out http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/ipod.htm 
    I use the cable solution with works satisfactory enough for me and it's affordable enough till the B&O one comes out.

• 11-06-2009 6:25 AM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Cool Dude for the link.  I shall wait for the B&O to be released - it is due this month...

• 11-06-2009 9:51 PM In reply to

hebo:
    AND

Judith,

Welcome to Beoworld

AND my welcome too ... Ed

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)