in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2009 7:56 PM by burantek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2009 6:10 PM

• rtec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-05-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

beo 4002

Going to sell this wanted to check it out before offering it, however came across this site while searching for pinouts for the 5 pin din and struggling not to get hooked. Glad it costs money to download the manuals? Is that correct? Would be so nice to go through it and completely refurbish it..ahhh.wish I had the time.

Works very nice as is except the off switch has a tendency to take more pressure than should be required.  And of course, dont think I found the correct pin outs have tried stripping rca cable wires and inserting them into both the 2 and 3 as well as the 2 and 5 pin hole on a 5 pin din female to female adapter I placed on the end of the output lead.

Only sound I get is when the Right and Left Hot wires are put into pin 4 and pin 5 and the Right and Left cold wires are placed into pin 2.  The output level is low with high amount of distortion, (to be clear, sound being reproduced from record is clear, just not at an appropriate volume level and is accompained with significant amount of distortion )makes me wonder if I should have left those settings that I zeroed out alone. The dial on the 33 side was set past -2.5 nearly all the way to 3.  Bet all you guys are having conniptions by now about the new guy messing with things before he even knows what they are ..anyways bet that was a downforce adjustment huh? Needle does seem to track a bit lighter now.

So, four questions

Is paid membership required to download the manuals for the beo 4200s

Does anyone have pinouts for the 5 pin din on the beo 4200 for conversion to rca cables (testing purposes only)

Any hints about the off switch pressure problems.

Is my reported sound results typical of failing MMMC6000 cartridge, if not can you please describe results of failing MMMC6000 cartridge.

Thank you,

Dave

• 09-05-2009 6:20 PM In reply to

Re: beo 4200

1.) Welcome to BeoWorld!

2.) You have a BG4002, not 4200.

3.) I'd suggest you get the correct DIN>RCA adapter.

4.) I assume you are attaching to a non B&o amp/receiver? You will need an inline RIAA! (unless you have a rare one w/ a CD4 fitted... check for a small switch on the right hand side)

Oh, and silver level membership is a minimum for manual access.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-05-2009 6:53 PM In reply to

• rtec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-05-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

duh, thanks appreicate you catching that mistake is there a beo 4200 lol

Surely would get the correct DIN>RCA adapter if I could find it local not interested buying and payin for shipin charges for one when going to sell this anyways, so was hoping to make certain had pinouts right before I lit up the solder here.

Sounds like its time to fish out my old Sansui and fire her up to I reckon, so much for the low sound level, no preamp smiles.  You were correct, was feeding output into newer non B&O  amp/receiver .

Jackpot LOL indeed it does have the CD4 switch it says CD4 and OFF

Thank you for your help Jeff

Dave

• 09-05-2009 7:11 PM In reply to

Dave,

Where In NA?

Don't get the solder out yet! I may be interested in it as is...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-05-2009 7:29 PM In reply to

• rtec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-05-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Charlotte NC

• 09-05-2009 7:56 PM In reply to

rtec:

Charlotte NC

Good grief... closest yet! Laughing

I spend most of my time in SC... presently here!

I have sent you an email.

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)