in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-02-2009 9:43 AM by RobN. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2009 3:11 PM

Paging BM-Link users in the San Francisco Area

Hello

As many of you are aware, there haven't been many updates to the BM-Link software in a long time.

The main reason for this is that I've moved from Sweden to California, and all my B&O equipment are still back in Sweden, so I have a hard time testing the software with new versions of iTunes and Mac OS X, thus it's lacking behind.

So, one way I could test it, and maybe get it to work with Snow Leopard and the newest version of iTunes would be to get access to a BeoLink system and see why the application is not working.

If there is anyone out there, in the San Francisco area that would be interested in helping out, let me know.

Thanks

/ Anders

• 09-01-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

Re: Paging BM-Link users in the San Francisco Area

Lucky you! I am surprised that B&O have not supplied you with some equipment to help. Maybe we need to petition them!

• 09-02-2009 4:21 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

hi anders,

in french we say, "ceci explique cela", or "this explains that" !

let me thank you for all your work on bm-link. it opens the world of n.music to the mac community.

i have written to b&o via their contact page insisting that they provide support for you, or at least help you get access to some equipment from a san franciso area dealer.

i suggest that all users of bm-link do the same and let b&o know how important it is that anders get the help needed to keep bm-link up to date.

scott

• 09-02-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

Excellent idea - I suggest we all do the same - the contact page is here - maybe post here to say it is done.

• 09-02-2009 5:39 AM In reply to

Done mine - this was my request:

It has come to my notice that the development of BM-Link, the software allowing the integration of an Apple Mac system into a Masterlink B&O set up via Beoport has been lagging. This would appear to be due to the developer, Anders Odlund, having moved to California. He has no B&O products now as these remain in Sweden but has intimated that he still is interested in keeping the system up to date especially with the recent release of Snow Leopard.
    Following discussions on Beoworld, we were wondering if it would be possible for B&O to either give or lend a system to Anders so that he can continue to update this software, something that can only be of benefit to B&O. A large number of Apple users are drawn to B&O and these are often high earners who are early adopters. Inability of their system to work with the latest software is likely to see a number simply change systems. We think this would be a shame and would request that the company consider our suggestion.
    Best wishes,
    Peter

• 09-02-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

hi all,

peter has opened a thread in the general forum : http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/28529.aspx

yes we can !

scott

• 09-02-2009 9:43 AM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Hi Anders,

Thanks for the explanation and for writing BM-Link in the first place.

I hope someone in the San Francisco area comes up trumps, but just in case they don't I've followed Peter's suggestion and sent an email to B&O requesting they offer some assistance.

Good luck and let's hope we get you the resources you need shortly. Please keep all of us on Beoworld informed.

Best,

Rob (in UK, otherwise would happily lend my systems for testing)

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)