in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-12-2009 11:18 PM by Razlaw. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2009 11:25 PM

iMac Beoport question/problem

We recently purchased an Apple Macbook Pro and were very impressed. We began thinking of replacing our PC desktop with an iMac. Before doing so I disconnected our Beoport from the PC and connected it to the Macbook as well as installing the appropriate software. Everything worked fine.

Tonight we purchased a 24 inch iMac and after spending two hours transferring files from the old PC it came time to connect Beoport. Here the problem occurs. When I went to plug the cable into the iMac headphone jack it pops out, almost as if a spring is forcing it out. I checked the cable by installing it into the audio in plug, it fit perfectly, and it again fit perfectly in the Macbook Pro. 

Am I doing something wrong in connecting the cable to the headphone out? Or did we get a defective iMac as the headphone out will not accept a cable?

Thanks!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-12-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

Re: iMac Beoport question/problem

Dear,

I have got also an Imac 24" and a beoport. With me it works fine from the first time with the regular connector of the beoport. But I also know that apple had a special audioconnector for their Iphones. Maybe that could be the problem. Take contact with your store. (I would take the cable and go to an apple store and try it out)

Greetings,

Jan 

• 08-12-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

The sockets for headphone and microphone (audio-in) are standard 3.5 mm jacks. If your plug is fitting ok in the microphone socket, your headphone socket must be defective. I would presume that either something is sticking already in the socket (packaging debris?) or that the little switch that disconnects your the regular speakers when a headphone is being used is deformed.

This is very annoying, but I recommend you bring the iMac back to the store.

• 08-12-2009 6:23 PM In reply to

Thanks for the input. I took the cable to the store and it worked fine in an iMac there. Now to reinstall Mac OS etc to clean off all of our stuff we had installed and take it back.

• 08-12-2009 8:27 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

Thanks for the input. I took the cable to the store and it worked fine in an iMac there. Now to reinstall Mac OS etc to clean off all of our stuff we had installed and take it back.

You've had unusual bad luck.  Please be sure and if at all you can, avoid installing iTunes 8.2, as it has reduced functionality with Beoport vs. all previous versions.  This bug has been reported to B&O.

• 08-12-2009 11:18 PM In reply to

Thank you very much for the tip about iTunes. I had not heard that and would have upgraded.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)