in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2009 1:07 PM by theta67. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2009 8:13 AM

Ouverture 'frozen' in standby.

Hi Everybody !

Before I start digging into my Ouverture, I`d like to ask if someone

in the community has encounter a similar problem.

The problem with my Ouverture is that is no longer willing to respond to commands.  No response from the keypad , neither from the remote (I`m using a Beo4). The standby light stays on, the doors are working properly, the CD clamp is working.  The problem occured after about 30 days the unit was not in use , nor plugged into mains , due to some home redecoration work. The unit is set to Option 1, as I`m using it as standalone item (with a pair of BeoLab 2500). The standby led blinks once when a button is depressed either on the keypad or on the remote. I mean when some buttons are depressed. Like CD, Radio, ATape, Program, Setup.  Also the Ouverture won`t enter into service mode. It does not respond to any of the codes in the service manual.                                                                                                               Seems not quite willing to cooperate, is she ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 08-07-2009 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: Ouverture 'frozen' in standby.

Does it respond to option changes?

Try setting it to 0 and then 1 or 2 again.

• 08-07-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

Yes,

That seems strange to me. It does respond. I switched between option 0 and 1 , 2 and it worked as in option 0 the standby led doesn`t blink anymore to the remote. I`ve changed the option several times but no sign of any change in its status, other than that it no longer blinks to the remote in option 0.

Another strange behaviour I`ve just noticed is that having the doors opened, the moment one of the buttons CD, Aux, Tape, Setup or Program are depressed, the doors are closing immediately. This doesn`t happen if any of the other (than the above) keypad buttons are pressed. Hedgehog behaviour Smile.

• 08-07-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

Take the back off.

Below the transformer are a several fuses. Check to see if none have blown.

• 08-11-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

Checked and all five fuses are ok.

One thing I`ve noticed and seemed strange to me was some kind of thin layer of something,  resembling to a hair spray being sprayed over the PCBs. I surely do hope this only a resemblance Devil

Anyway, I tried to clean it up with some isopropyl alcohol but all the surfaces cleaned with the isopropyl alcohol turned white.

• 08-11-2009 6:00 PM In reply to

I think what you are seeing is solder flux residue.

• 11-28-2009 1:07 PM In reply to

I`ve made a few measurements and R010 resistor on PCB15 responded with a completely rude value .

I`ve replaced it, and normal functionality has been restored.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)