in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2011 4:53 PM by Rich. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2009 8:48 PM

• Abou58
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-06-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Help needed to remplace belts on a BeoCord 5000/Aide au remplacement des courroies d'un BeoCord 5000

Hello, I'm a french B&O lovers that have a beosystem 5000 and I have some problems with my BeoCord 5000 cassette deck.

I have faulty belt, when I open my BeoCord I find small broken belts parts into it, but not enough to know where they were at the beginning when it run propertly.

I've already look into my service manual but the technical picture isn't very clear. It seems to contains 3 belts, one one the top of mecanism, two others on the bottom with one of them larger.

I would like to know exactly who manay blets they are ? I also would like to know if they are standard size  to be sure that I can replace them with a kit composed of various most popular size (easily find on ebay and because the oldest are broken and I can't judge their size). And the most important, I want to be shure where replace them exactly.

If you have some pictures or draws  to help me to insure this operation it would be perfect for me !

Bonjour,

Amateur de matériel B&O je posséde un BeoSytem 5000 dont le BeoCord 5000 présente quelques soucis.

En tentant d'ouvrir le boitier pour observer de plus près ce qui se passait à l'intérieur (bruit de fonctionnement sans que les cassettes ne soient entrainées), je me suis rendu compte que les courroies d'entrainement avaient littéralement fondue.

J'aurais souhaité les remplacé, hors comme il n'en reste que de petits morceaux je n'ai aucune idée de combien elles pouvaient être au coeur du mécanisme. D'après la revue technique j'en dénombre 3 (1 au dessus et 2 au dessous dont 1 plate et large).

Ne pouvant récupérer des courroies qui auraient pu être distendues pour en meusurer la taille et en commander sur internet, j'en appel aux connaisseurs. Je pensais au pire acheter 1 kit composé de plusieurs courroies les plus courantes en espérant que B&O se soit aligné sur la majorité des constructeurs en la matière.

Enfin, et le plus important, je ne serais pas contre des éclaircissements avant de me lancer dans mes opérations de maintenance. J'ai commencé à ouvrir "la bête" afin de la nettoyer. A partir de là je sais remonter ce que j'ai démonté grace à 1 bonne mémoire visuelle, mais je n'ai aucune idée d'ou positionner les courroies. Si quelqu'un pouvait m'apporter des explications plus explicites que la coupe technique qui reste pour moi bien vague, j'en serai enchanté.

De même, si quelqu'un ou quelqu'une pouvait imager ses explications avec photos ou dessin explicite ce serait l'idéal.

Merci par avance à toutes celles et ceux qui voudront bien m'aider à redonner une seconde vie à mon beosystem qui finit par accuser son age mais dont je ne veux pourtant pas me séparer.

Thanks a lot and excuse me for my poor english, it isn't easy to writte in Shakespeare language for the frenchy that I am ^^

• 08-06-2009 2:22 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Help needed to remplace belts on a BeoCord 5000/Aide au remplacement des courroies d'un BeoCord 5000

Hi and welcome to Beoworld !   Yes -  thumbs up

It's correct that the service manual doesn't tell you how to repair anything.
    It's a common misunderstanding that the service manual will turn the owner into a technician with the skills to repair.
    No, it merely tells the tech guy how the thing is made and that's how it should be.

I can supply correct belts for the tapedeck section of the Beocord 5000.
    I can include belt mounting instructions with photos and text (english).

From your message to me sent through Ebay, I read that you have problems with the drawer motor too.
    Check the drawer motor belt first.
    If that's OK, check if the motor in the TAPEDECK SECTION runs when power is on.
    If the tapedeck section motor runs; The drawer motor, it's connector/leads or its electronics are bad.
    If the tapedeck section motor does NOT run when power is on; The power supply will have a fault. It's typically a
    resistor acting as a fuse, that has burned. It can be replaced but that does require soldering and a minimum
    of electronic tools and skills.

Your english is far better than my french. Laughing

Martin

• 02-17-2010 3:58 AM In reply to

Re: Help needed to remplace belts on a BeoCord 5000/Aide au remplacement des courroies d'un BeoCord 5000

Hello Martin,

I am also looking for the correct belts for the tapedeck section of my Beocord 5000 (1984-1986).

Could you still help ?

Regards,

Bruno Destickere

b**no.destickere@skynet.be

• 02-17-2010 6:55 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Bruno,

Sure, you have an email !

Martin

PS: The email in your post was edited out (antispam).

• 02-17-2010 9:46 AM In reply to

Thanks a lot Martin !!

I really, really appreciate it very much !!

You're great!

Regards, B**no :-)

• 06-03-2010 9:46 AM In reply to

Hello Martin,

Here I'm back...!

I now looking for a drawing belt for my beogram cd5500.

Could you also help me with this??

Is this the same belt for the CD7000, because my father also have problems with open/close the drawer... ?

Please, let me know what you can do for me.

Regards, Bruno

• 06-03-2010 12:14 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes, I can supply a new CD tray motor belt for the Beogram CD5500, CD6500 and CD7000
    Instructions can be included. It's replaced in 4 minutes.

Martin

• 06-03-2010 6:14 PM In reply to

Or, clean & relubricate the tray mechanism and you might find that the old belt still performs just fine Smile

The belt will be a little annoying to replace anyway since you can't simply take it off without disconnecting the wire drive, I think...

-mika

• 06-04-2010 9:09 AM In reply to

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Indeed, it's the same belt for 5500-6500-7000.

I did try B&O Belgium for spares but they stopped producing ages ago and have no stocks... .

It would be grateful if you can help me with a similar belt; I am sure you know the right people/places... . :-)
    See what you can do for me. (in fact, I need 2 of it)
    Many Thanks and have a nice weekend!
    Bruno
  • 12-01-2011 5:57 AM In reply to

• Aad Jansse
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-12-2009
    • Rotterdam (Neth)
    • Posts 6
    • Silver Member

My first post on this forum; I recently found a BC5000 (€ 16) with faulty drawer (and maybe more failures); a lttle experience with a few other B&O beltdriven gear made me suspect that there would be the inevitable black sludge in the tape/motor section and, off course, BINGO! (after downloading the appropriate SM and care fully taking the BC in parts)
    I found the above post and dare to reply (don't know if this is still "in the air")
    I wonder I if you may be able to help me out with reference to the following quote from your post:
    "
    I can include belt mounting instructions with photos and text (english)." Would appreciate very much.
    If the miracle would occur that after mounting he newly ordered belts the 5000 would mechanically work again , may I contact you again when
    there turns out to be more probles.

Thanks

Aad

Bm1200

• 12-01-2011 6:33 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Welcome to Beoworld !

Yes, printed instructions with photos and text can be included with the new belts.
    You are always welcome to contact me if you run into problems, whether or not I can
    help you is a different matter.  Laughing
    If I can, I will.

Martin

• 12-01-2011 10:08 AM In reply to

• Aad Jansse
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-12-2009
    • Rotterdam (Neth)
    • Posts 6
    • Silver Member

I am very sorry for the confusion I created by not clearly mentioning that I already ordered belts
    before I began thinking of writing a post on this subject; Unsure
    that leaves my question open as to obtaining from you printed instructions
    with fotos and how to compensate you for this.

Aad

Bm1200

• 12-01-2011 12:53 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Oh yes, now I see the reason for your embarassment.  Laughing
    You have a PM.

What worries me more than the instructions is if the belts you bought really are suitable for your Beocord.
    I have a bunch of motors lying here dead from running with too tight belts. They are mainly
    from 8000 series decks but there are some 2000/3300/5000's between as well.
    Twelve motors in the bucket so far and common thing was the capstan belt being far too tight, placing
    an excess sideways load (pull) on the motor bearings. New motors are not exactly plentyful so it's
    quite a sad case.
    The motor starts making a noise, sometimes squeeky, sometimes rattling, then it blocks and, depending
    on the deck type, it either blows a fuse or burns a motor coil.
    The motor bearings are cintered bronze. Used correctly they will practically last forever but loaded incorrectly
    their lifespan count hours rather than years.
    The motor bearings are the first to go but I should think the capstan bearings don't like it either, they are
    basically of the same type.
    I haven't been able to narrow it down to a specific seller but the problem belts were all bought on Ebay.

Martin

• 12-01-2011 1:12 PM In reply to

• Aad Jansse
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-12-2009
    • Rotterdam (Neth)
    • Posts 6
    • Silver Member

I will await delivery of the belts I ordered (Indeed on ebay) and use them to check the motor's moving and geting other parts working.
    If this will look OK I might as well order correct belts from you instead, just to make sure. How is that?
    But in the meantime.... the instructions?

Aad

Bm1200

• 12-01-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

aad319:

I will await delivery of the belts I ordered (Indeed on ebay) and use them to check the motor's moving and geting other parts working.
    If this will look OK I might as well order correct belts from you instead, just to make sure. How is that?
    But in the meantime.... the instructions?

Aad

Please read the second line of my previous post and answer my PM (check your inbox).

Martin

• 12-01-2011 4:53 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Martin:

I was quite surprised at how easy it was to replace the belts on my BC3300.  I am at least the second owner on all my Beocords; it is unknown if my BC1900, BC2400, and BC4500 have ever had their belts changed.

I have never experienced any issues with the BC2400, but the BC1900 will not play tapes made by BASF, and the BC4500 is always a danger to eat a tape at any moment.

Two questions.  Would it be a good idea to replace all belts on all decks "just in case"?  Are the other three decks going to be as easy as the BC3300?

If the answers are "yes" to both questions above, a third:  do you have belts for the BC1900, BC2400 & BC4500?  (I imagine the 1900 and 2400 are the same.)

Best regards,

Rich

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)