in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2009 3:44 PM by pf85. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2009 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: Dust under glass of Beosound 5...!

this is completely unaccpetable and an illogical reply.

b&o considered it unacceptable for dust to collect so they replaced the part in order to prevent dust accumulation but now they make out that it is something i have to live with...

i am going to complain.

does anyone else have any advice as to what more i can do???

dust in a world famous luxury item that is supposed to be designed and engineered to impeccable levels...ridiculous!

Angry

• 10-15-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

My BS5 dates from Feb 2009.

- no dust

- works well

- would repurchase anytime

Improvements required

- BS 5 community management by B&O still missing (updates etc)

- Beoplayer functionality / interface poor / would suggest B&O focuses on standard of industry, i.e. ITunes.

• 10-15-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

pf85, that's great. i like this product a lot but am unhappy with b&o...

i'm not the only one. my dealer had to send his new unit back to denmark as dust accumulated under the glass panel. apparently b&o HQ in the uk mentioned this to denmark a few weeks ago.

i urge everyone that has a besound 5 to inspect the LCD screen using bright light to see if flecks of dust have started sitting under the glass plate...!

if enough of us make it an issue they might do something.

• 10-15-2009 4:23 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Seeyouthrough...so far I did not have the issue... however

if I would have dust on mine, I would certainly challenge my dealer to do something about it and take it up with B&O.

Dealers have a "beo care" link and relationship and should "defend" a strong & loyal customer to their business partner.

• 10-15-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

dear mr. Simone Bjerregaard & beocare,

i have to say i am rather disappointed with your reply which is unhelpful and wholly inadequate.

there is no logic in your explanation. i know for a fact that you replaced a part earlier this year to prevent accumulation of dust to the beosound 5 unit. you obviously considered it a completely unacceptable state of affairs that dust should accumulate so you decided it was necessary to do something about it. now you are telling me that this normal and i will have to have live with this problem or have the unit specially cleaned for the life of the product at my expense after the warranty expires. this will need to be done every 6 months as my unit is only 6 months old.

i am also aware that bang and olufsen of UK have returned their units to you for examination as they are dissatisfied with this problem. this has been brought my attention by my london dealer who agrees.

it is unacceptable for you to change your policy and now expect a customer to tolerate this problem.

bang and olufsen has an international reputation for manufacturing luxury electronic items that have a high aesthetic appeal. dust is not acceptable at this price. if other manufacturers can dust proof their equipment than bang & olufsen can.

i am not prepared to accept your explanation and will need to keep approaching you until you sort this problem out.
    you will need to discuss this serious matter with your senior management team before replying again.
    i look forward to a more comprehensive and honest reply from you as a matter of urgency.

• 10-16-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

.... hope you get a more constructive response this time !

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2