in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2009 6:21 PM by ThePriest. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2009 1:25 PM

Finally finished with the living room - Cable question?

Hi Guys

I'm now finished with our living room, and I have started all the cable stuff.

My B&O dealer told me to use B&o powerlink MKIII with the blue wire (Digital) for all ICE power speakers and not the aftermarket cable, but I thought that the best thing was to use the MKII full mounted for all speakers, today I have Beolab8000 as rear speakers, but maybe later I will use Beolab3.

For the Beolab5 I'm using the cable that followed with the 5's, so I will cut them and solder new connectors on the cable.

Which cable is the best for the S/PDIF and scart signal? I have to make a 10m scart between the Beovision5 and HDR2 and 3m S/PDIF between Besound 9000 and Beolab5

One more question: I have now taken the Beovision5 in use, but what is it on the plasma screen, some kind of 'film' coating on the plasma screen or what? It seems like that the coating somehow is polished away in some area, there is some stripes that is very visible when the BV5 is turn off and from the side it's very visible with sunlight on the screen? (I haven't cleaned the screen!

Remember that I can't use the finished cables because I can't get the connectors in the pipes in the floor, only the cable itself.

Thanks

Regards Anders

• 07-24-2009 3:51 PM In reply to

Re: Finally finished with the living room - Cable question?

hi the priest do you think that you could post a picture of your setup as i would love to see it thanks in advance.

• 07-24-2009 5:53 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Hi Anders

regarding your BV5

I have the same problem with my BV5, propably it´s the front mounted contrast screen which has been damaged.

It´s very annoying when the BV5 is in stand by or, as you say, when the sunlight hits the screen.

I think the one responsible for the cleaning (owner before) used too strong cleaningliquids.No - thumbs down 

When I checked some time ago, the contrast screen were about 1000 €uro Surprise, so no new for me...

Yes please post some pic Anders - I will when my small livingroom is finished.

BV10

• 07-24-2009 6:21 PM In reply to

Don't worry I will post pictures in the other tread with the wooded floor question.

As you might already know, I took the chance and bought the dark Walnut floor, and I'm really happy that I took that chance, what a different :) looks really nice, I have only use the living room since Monday (after 7month), and I need to pick up the rest of the furniture's and fix all the cables.

Yes sadly I was not aware of this issue with the BV5 when I bought it......It's annoying to see this on such a nice TV set

One more question: I have set the BS9000 in option2 and BV5 in option0, but I can't see the volume control on the BS9000 only track info?

Regards Anders

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)