in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-31-2009 10:23 PM by Dave. 56 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2009 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: BeoTime now on www.bang-olufsen.com

Like the kids say.... FAIL!

Look: there is a timer on our BS 3000, which I refuse to even try and figure out.  

There are not one but two red lights always on in my BL 2000, and I think at least one of them is trying to tell me something about a timer at the BS 3000.  Can't be bothered, of course.

There is a timer light on our BL 3500, and why is it on 24 x 7?  Lord knows.  All I know is that setting the alarm on the BL 3500 is trivial, and so it is the only one I've figured out: hit MENU, type in your wake up time, and GO.  The display flashes twice.  You are set.... except my wife and I know perfectly well the alarm fails to turn on about 1/3rd of the time, so we use our iPhones as backup alarm clocks.

Bottom line: we will of course buy a BeoTime!  Because being a fully independent, modern, battery operated device, it shall not fail to wake up and forcefully send a RADIO or CD 3 or N.MUSIC to the system in the most prosaic manner possible: basically by mimicking a human hand depressing a button on a Beo4 at wake up time.

Which is great and I shall be a happy customer, but don't tell me this is not a belated admission that the whole MasterLink timer situation is entirely too complex and user unfriendly.  Like they say: FAIL!

• 07-17-2009 2:51 AM In reply to

Big Smile

I once used the analogy that B&O command&control must be designed by and for bridge players. If you're a bridge player, you're perfectly comfortable with the layers upon layers approach; if you're not ... blinking red lights everywhere.

If BeoTime works as advertised, and can store several alarms with RADIO/TV wake-up, then I'm in line for one. I don't play a bridge.

• 07-17-2009 3:44 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

• 07-17-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

• 07-17-2009 7:33 AM In reply to

Timer programming with B&O audio masters was very easy 20 years ago...why? Because remote controls had 2-way communicationStick out tongue

Bring back 2-way remotes, this should make everybody happy!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-17-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

I use my Beolink 7000 for timer programming for my Beosystem 2300 and Beosystem 7000 and it's easy to use. But I think the timer on my Beocenter 9300 is even more easy to use. Still, I would love to see the 2-way communication coming back...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-17-2009 9:43 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

beocool:

I would love to see the 2-way communication coming back...

Yes, everyone would, but I don't think it's going to happen! They will come up with a much better idea than that in the not too distant future, no doubt.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-17-2009 10:56 AM In reply to

3-way!

• 07-17-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

soundproof:

3-way!

LaughingLaughingLaughing Excellent! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-17-2009 11:29 AM In reply to

Sorry double posted.

• 07-17-2009 11:29 AM In reply to

OMG!!! Buy Buy Buy! How exciting. Finally something that interest me from B&O of late. Is it a flute? Is it a mini photo display? Totally cool. Will make excellent gifts!

• 07-17-2009 12:09 PM In reply to

totally agree!Gift

• 07-17-2009 1:27 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

should we see any photos in the above posting? I can't see anything, just big empty frames :-(

• 07-17-2009 1:41 PM In reply to

TWG:

should we see any photos in the above posting? I can't see anything, just big empty frames :-(

+1

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 07-17-2009 3:03 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

me too, blankety blank

• 07-18-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Will make excellent gifts!

Wish I was one of your friends..............!

• 07-18-2009 7:37 AM In reply to

Ignace was probably trying to post some additional picture, which can be now found at the mediacenter. I will give it another try. There are 3 other ones, but these are only detail renderings out of the flash movie on beo.com. So I don't post them. Here you go...

Edit: It seems pics can only be posted if hosted at another url. Sorry, I have better things to do, then uploading something to flickr and embedding it in a post at beoworld. This is crap. Sad.

By the way: I would be in the market for BeoTime. Problem is, I don`t like it. 4 squares on a tube? What´s this? Design 1x1 the postmodern way or what? Especially the fourth. slightly bigger, curved square with the buttons. Like a trumpet they say, if you think so beo... Why Mr. Schmelling didn´t do the buttons like on the bl2k? Just integrate them into the tube. Questions, questions... And if you´re so fond of 3 squares, use the third one for the seconds. Design and typo would be much cleaner then this, alarm time and source could be displayed in a second menu level.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards, beoberlin

• 07-18-2009 1:44 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

I've changed the location of the images; are the images displayed correctly ?

To insert (multiple) images into your post, you can upload them to your own page;

- click your membername (top of page)
    - click My Files
    - use Browse / Add File to upload your file(s)
    - select (right click) and copy the file location
    - use that file location when you want to insert the image into your post

Not the most easy / practicle way to insert images, but you can upload / insert images.

Other way to insert (a single) image into your post is to use the Options-button:
    here you can select and upload an image to be inserted into the post.

• 07-18-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

Images look fine now.  Thanks.

• 07-18-2009 4:20 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Looks good!

Another question: Can I switch the light as an alarm source, too?

Would be nice to automaticaly let this thing switch of the lights in the bedroom for waking up.

I hope the display backlight is not as bad as the one on the Beo 4 cinema and I hope that the software is not as unstable as the Beosound 5!

"Oh sorry darling, my alarm clock has some software issues, that's why I woke up 3 hours to late!" ;-)

• 07-18-2009 5:03 PM In reply to

TWG:
    "Oh sorry darling, my alarm clock has some software issues, that's why I woke up 3 hours to late!" ;-)

It is funny you should write that.

On our BeoCom 3, at random intervals, I look at the display clock and it shows "AM" during the afternoon or evening.  No matter how many times one fixes it, after an interval usually measured in days it again shows the wrong daypart!  This is such an odd software error.

The good news is that the time shown is always correct.  One just has to look out the window to figure out if it is morning or afternoon. Smile

Filed under:
  • 07-19-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

does anyone know if the alarm turns on your B&O tv or stereo remotely or via masterlink?

I'm assuming remote,,,as the instruction book doesn't really provide too much info

• 07-19-2009 5:54 AM In reply to

RemotelySmile

• 07-19-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

Infra-red

• 07-20-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Can it switch the light at alarm time or do I have to do it manually?

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >