in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2009 7:26 AM by seethroughyou. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2009 1:09 AM

• pglt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-06-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Delete? Trying to start again??

I have a Beosound / Beomaster  5 set up, I'm unhappy with the view of all my track listings layout, so would like to edit my itunes, delete my Beomaster and start again. I've been trying all weekend to delete the Beomaster, i've tried to do it though my Beosound, my Mac & a PC but had no luck, what do i need to do??

• 07-06-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Delete? Trying to start again??

I think the easiest way is to enter service mode, connect a USB mouse and locate the "/music" folder. 

Then select all tracks, delete them, empty the recycle bin, exit Windows service mode and reboot the machine.

All your music is gone then.

• 07-07-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Even easier than that....use the BeoConnect application on a Mac, connect to the BM5, go to Finder and you should be able to remotely access your BM5's hard drive and delete files, photos and other files from the drive. I did this to delete all those free music tracks B&O add to the BM5. Don't add music tracks this way though; make sure you drag them to the BeoConnect icon, in the dock.

• 07-08-2009 7:26 AM In reply to

yes, deleting files is a problem.

i have the following observations:

1. when you delete the files from the beomedia 5 remotely using a computer the Bs5 still displays the album and can still play it which i find bizarre... you would have thought that once deleted from the Bmedia5 dierctory it would disapper completey...

2. when you go into clean-up mode and delete the album using the Bs5 it still holds the music folder on the Bmedia5.

the only way reliable way i have found to delete a music folder is to delete is using both methods one after the other...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)