in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2009 4:48 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2009 1:26 PM

Beo Link Active - responding to Beo 4

Hi Everyone,

After years of B&O ownership i thought that I had better try to understand it properly!

As B&O do not supply drivers for a Vista 64 bit O/S (unless you know better), I lost the use of my Beo 3's in my study. I asked B&O suppport and 2 dealers for a solution, none of which were forthcoming.

I figured out from this site that a Beo link Active would do the trick, bought one, wired it up (with eye)  and it worked, great so far............

Ignoring the adage of if it works leave it alone, I bought a lead from Sounds Heavenly and attepted to get an external device working from the PC socket on the box (other threads refer to this). It did not work first time, and I must have changed either a config or an option, so now the eye does not respond to the Beo 4.

I can though access the radio only manually from the eye, I guess that this is because the radio was the last source used?

Any guidance gratefully accepted.

Nigel

• 06-27-2009 2:41 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Beo Link Active - responding to Beo 4

Seems the link option is set to 0. If you have audio And video devices set L.OPT to 6. If only audio devices are connected L.OPT 5.

Press LIST and STANDBY at the same time - arrow up - OPTION? - GO - arrow up - L.OPT - 6 (5).

Hope this helps.

And yes you can activate last source by pressing the PLAY button. You can also change volume and set the TIMER on - off.

Welcome to the Beoworld forum.

Stefan

• 06-29-2009 2:19 AM In reply to

Stefan,

You are spot on and everything all works fine.

I was close to a solution, but not selecting the L/OPT.

Thank you

Nigel

• 07-12-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Hi Nigel,

Just a quick note (as per the email I sent to you) to say that I'm happy to refund or replace your cable if you wish.  As discussed, the issue is not caused by a cable fault, but the cable you have is a standard minijack to 5pin DIN "iPod input cable" so it is not suitable for the input on Beolink Active.  If you need any assistance, please drop me a line and I will sort everything out for you.

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)