in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2009 5:00 AM by seethroughyou. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2009 1:07 PM

can't change volume on Bs5

just had the Bs5 installed but can't change the volume - i have to use the Beo5 remote...

equipment i have is: Bv5, Bs5, BL5, BL3, DVD1.

when i turn the volume on the Bs5 a half blue arc appears but volume doesn't change.

i thought the whole point of it was that it was hands-on...how do you configure it so that you can use the volume dial on the Bs5?

Sad

• 06-24-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

Re: can't change volume on Bs5

is this an option setting problem - how can i get it to work?

• 06-24-2009 3:29 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,

your BS 5 must be set to "NO Audiomaster".

I assume that the speakers are connected to the Beovision? Than it is right, that you can NOT change the volume on the BS 5 unit. You have to use the remote control. This is not an error or malfunction!

Option setting should be "0" = no IR reception.

• 06-24-2009 5:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

If you set your BS5 to no audiomaster you can`t do any option settings - it`s greyed out.

I think in this setup, BS5 must be set to audiomaster, because you have no other audiomaster (BS9000, BS4....). option setting should be 0, if speakers are connected to Beovision.

Volume control via BS5 wheel should be possible. Maybe there is a sw problem with the BV5...needs an update...??

Stefan

• 06-25-2009 4:51 AM In reply to

my equipment is: bs5, bv5, beolabs...

how do you go about changing the option settings then?

Unsure

• 06-25-2009 7:09 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You will find user- and service manuals for BS5 and BM5 here on the product page.

On BS5: MODE - SETTINGS - RIGHT - RIGHT - GO (Customer Configurations Menu) ROLES - you can select:

- AUDIO MASTER YES / NO 

- AM OPTIONS 0 / 1 / 2    (greyed out if AUDIO MASTER is NO) 

Stefan

• 06-25-2009 7:17 AM In reply to

Config as follows:-

Connect ML cable between the BV5 and BM5

PL cables connected to the BV5

Config the BV5 to V.Option 2

Config the BS5 (select Settings, >, <, >, <, Go) to bring up expanded Settings Menu

Select Roles, AM Option.

Config the BS5 to 0, Go

Select Roles, Audio Master

Config the BS5 to Yes, Go.

Switch all to Standby (not strictly necessary but..)

BV5 will control the BS5. The BS5 will respond to touch, activating the BV5 to N.Music/N.Radio mode.

The BS5 will respond to volume either via the volume ring or the Beo4/5 remote.

That is it.

10%

• 06-29-2009 8:26 AM In reply to

Mr 10%, you are an absolute genius and a star.

i just wish my dealer had a clue...

thank you! when i walk up to the bs5 and touch the dial the whole system lights up, the speakers switch on and the volume dial works just as desired.

SmileSmileSmile

• 06-29-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Mr. 10%, that sounds great, is that config even possible with BS 3000 and BS 5?

Actualy, I have to switch the  BS3000 to N.Music/N.Radio via Remote and when I'm lucky the BS5 wakes up, too.
    Both are connected via Masterlink, BS5 = no Audiomaster.

• 06-30-2009 12:09 AM In reply to

Not sure is the answer.

Seethroughyou's setup is technically the same as mine so that is easy. The Product Config Guide also is not very clear on this.

I would suggest you try the following:-

Go through the proceedure below. Get your TV, Beolabs and BS5 working together.

You may be lucky in that by adding a BS3000 as A.Option 0 (with the Beo5/4 remote) and then change the BS5 from the expanded Settings menu, Roles, A.Option 0, AM Yes, that it may work. It may also jam - which case you meed to power off one of them at a time and re-programme the options.

Alternatively, if the BS3000 has Option programming for Opt.5 or Opt 4, (I dont think it has - nor has the BS5 but this would solve all the problems).

As the BS5 reacts to N.Music and N.Radio and the BS3000 to CD and Radio, I cant see that there is a conflict over the Masterlink.

The only conflict I see is on the hardkey controls. I am not certain what would happen if the BS5 is set to audiomaster YES, and then if the hardkeys on the BS3000 still work???

The other permutation is to do the same and set BS5 Audiomaster setting to NO.

10%

• 08-27-2009 5:00 AM In reply to

oh dear,

10% you may remember that advice you gave me which worked perfectly.

today i touched the Bs5 but nothing happened. i had to use the remote and press N.Music to make the Bs5 wake-up. i have checked the roles and they are correct and set as you advised. the cables are not loose and i have tried powering down unit and resetting it but no luck...!

any ideas on what do i do now? 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)