in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2009 8:09 AM by Razlaw. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2009 4:28 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

BV7 MKIII & Apple TV

Hello All

I have set up my apple tv connected to BV7.

am i correct in thinking that to distrubute it around the house it needs to have the audio via Phono plug L+R as you cannot access the sound from link rooms if using HDMI.

Will there be a fix for the HDMI link issues?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 06-21-2009 4:43 PM In reply to

Re: BV7 MKIII & Apple TV

Hi

That will be correct, digital signals does not work through ML, thus you need a phonocable to be able to use your appletv for sound in linkrooms.

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 06-21-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hi there thanks for the quick reply

so the BV7 only has one set of audio phono connectors on AV5, if i download films i will not get Dolby with phono connectors.

does the apple tv digital output output PCM and Dolby as i could use this and connect to SPdif

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 06-21-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Hi

That will be correct, digital signals does not work through ML, thus you need a phonocable to be able to use your appletv for sound in linkrooms.

Or you simply use one of these, and use an iPod Touch or iPhone to choose from your entire music library, and actually showing you what music you have and are currently playing. The Airport Express has minjack out, an most of your B&O systems will have the same as AUX in. This solution is perfect if you already have WiFi (wireless internet) in your house. You also get digital distribution, as there also is digital out on the AP.

If you have a pair of PC or ordinary Beolab 4, or Beolab 3, you don't even need a music system in between. Just connect directly to speakers from Airport Express and let iTunes or your iPod set what to play and at which volume.

Not to crash the party - just wanted to mention it Smile

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 06-21-2009 5:10 PM In reply to

I actually dont know that, but i think you should be able to connect through digital AND phono at the same time so you are able to have Dolby SS and stereo depending on the input source. 

• 06-21-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

takktakk:

Ehlerz:

Hi

Or you simply use one of these, and use an iPod Touch or iPhone to choose from your entire music library, and actually showing you what music you have and are currently playing. The Airport Express has minjack out, an most of your B&O systems will have the same as AUX in. This solution is perfect if you already have WiFi (wireless internet) in your house. You also get digital distribution, as there also is digital out on the AP.

If you have a pair of PC or ordinary Beolab 4, or Beolab 3, you don't even need a music system in between. Just connect directly to speakers from Airport Express and let iTunes or your iPod set what to play and at which volume.

That would be correct however, if you want to listen to your music in say 4 linkrooms, it is far easier the other way around. 

And you are always welcome to join the party :-)

• 06-21-2009 5:30 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

takktakk:

Ehlerz:

Hi

thanks for your input but i am now completly lost lol.

i think i will connect it via HDMI for now and worry about the link rooms later.

Does anyone know what the keys are on the beo 4 to contol it as on the apple remote you hold play / pause to bring up the activate genius function but when i hold down go nothing happens?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 06-21-2009 5:31 PM In reply to

That would be correct however, if you want to listen to your music in say 4 linkrooms, it is far easier the other way around. 

And you are always welcome to join the party :-)

Thanks but, with all due respect, I am not anywhere near the ability to see why that might be easier. Are you sure you know the full potential of what I am talking about?

That said - enjoy your system! We all have our prefs Smile

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 06-21-2009 7:15 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

I actually dont know that, but i think you should be able to connect through digital AND phono at the same time so you are able to have Dolby SS and stereo depending on the input source. 

That is exactly how we have ours connected.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-22-2009 4:40 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Razlaw:

Ehlerz:

That is exactly how we have ours connected.

ahh ok so just to confirm

you have it connect on AV5 with HDMI and Phono Plugs.

Is this right?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 06-22-2009 5:16 AM In reply to

Without beeing absolutly sure, that is most likely how Raslaw has it connected. This setup wil no doubt provide you with everything you need.

Be aware, that for you to access sound in linkrooms from the appleTV, you have to press "AV DTV" or "AV SAT" depending on your remote. Otherwise there will be no sound, as your linktv thinks the sound is provided through coaxial and not ML. 

Best of luck

• 06-22-2009 8:09 AM In reply to

Yes, that is how I have it connected. I use V. Tape and AV V. Tape to access and the Beo 4 contols the Apple TV perfectly.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)