in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2007 4:07 AM by meandmyshadow. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2007 3:43 AM

Link Options for Beovision 3 and ouverture.

Hi

I have just acquired a Beovision 3 32 to replace my old MX 6000. I also have an ouverture. With the MX 6000 I linked the two together with a powerlink/masterlink adapter and connected my speakers (beolab 6000) to the tv and all was fine, the tv sound went to the speakers as did the cd etc.

With the new (to me at least) television I can't seem to get it working like that. I have connected the masterlink on the ouverture to the tv. The TV does not have the suround sound module so I have connected the speakers to the ouverture. My problem is that the suggested masterlink setting (option 1 on both tv and ouverture) does not seem quite right. Turning on the TV does not turn on the speakers and the sound does not go through them. I know the link is working as option 0 happily sends the radio/cd etc through the television speakers.

If anyone has any advice I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Nick 

Filed under: ,
  • 06-03-2007 3:51 AM In reply to

Re: Link Options for Beovision 3 and ouverture.

It rather depends on what you want. At present, you could get sound to the speakers but you will need to press the AV and then TV keys when operating the Ouverture.

Does the BV3 not have some Powerlink sockets on it for stereo sound? If it does, use those and then set the TV to Option 2 and the Ouverture to 0. (I take it that this was how you had the MX.)

• 06-03-2007 4:36 AM In reply to

Yes you're right, I was using the sockets on the MX for the speakers before. Unfortunately the
    bv 3 doesn't have these sockets unless the surround sound module is installed.

I looked at the AV option but I wasn't quite sure how it works, how is it different to masterlink?

• 06-03-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

No different. To get sound on the Ouverture's speakers, just press AV (you need to add it to your Beo4 LIST if it isn't there) and then TV or SAT depending on the source you want to hear. You will then get sound from the TV sent to the speakers. I had not realised that the BV3 didn't have the two Powerlink sockets below the SCART sockets! The 28" does! So do my LX6000!
  • 06-03-2007 5:15 AM In reply to

Thanks, that works!
  • 06-05-2007 4:07 PM In reply to

Better still is option 2 for the ouverture and option1 for the tv. Thus removing the need for pressing AV for before watching television.

The only drawback is the tv doesn't automatically mute so I have to use AV before choosing cd etc if watching tv. This suggests that the tv should be option 0 but then there is sound but no picture!

• 06-05-2007 4:38 PM In reply to

Don't you find that you skip channels when working the TV using the up and down keys? You will effectively have two IR eyes working the BV3.
  • 06-06-2007 4:07 AM In reply to

Why not try and source a DSS module for your TV and have it working as it was intended?
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)