in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2009 3:11 AM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2009 10:57 AM

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 - DVD1 Off Button?

Hi All,

I've been having some trouble with my DVD1 (connected to an Avant via SCART and digital Co-ax). Whenever I switch from DVD to another source the sound of the DVD continues to play yet the picture does change. After some tests it seems like this is down to the digital coax as if I remove it and run both sound and picture through the SCART this does not occur.

Before I lose the added quality of the digital sound link (and throw a rather expensive cable in the bin!) I was wondering if anyone knows how to add an 'OFF' button to the Beo5 that will just switch off the DVD1 and not the whole Avant and all peripherals attached?

Since the DVD1 does have an off button on the front I assume there must be a way to activate this feature via remote. I was advised that this was simply not possible via a Beo4, but am hoping this is not the case for the Beo5.

So far I've found the 'Standby' button in the Beo5 Config V3 tool but this is to switch of the Avant et al. Is there a button just for the DVD1?

Thanks for your help as always guys!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 06-07-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Beo5 - DVD1 Off Button?

There is no specific Off button for the DVD1. The button on the DVD1 is actually a standby button. I think it`s a software bug in your Beovision - ask your dealer. when you change the source, the Beovision should be able to switch video AND audio. Obviously the reason is the digital audio.

Press just STOP before you switch to another source. That should disconnect the digital audio. Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 06-08-2009 6:23 AM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Hi Stefan,

Well unfortunately stopping the DVD1 before switching sources doesn't work either! All that happens is instead of the sound of the DVD coming through, now no sound comes through! Please note that when I do press stop stop on the DVD1 it does not switch the device off as the display shows some '----' in red.

Something I didn't mention before is that this is NOT the case if I switch to 'TV'. If I press TV both the picture and sound switch to TV as expected. The issues of picture but not sound switching occurs when I select any other peripheral source (X-Box, Virgin V+).

Any other ideas? I'm still hopeful for a 'Standby' button for the Beo5 that I know will fix this issue without an expensive technician visit.

• 06-08-2009 9:37 AM In reply to

The DVD1 can be put into standby depending of the software version of the AVANT.

The switching to standby is not instant, there is a fairly long delay after pressing DVD then STOP then STOP

What type number is your AVANT ?

Do you know what software version it has loaded in it ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-08-2009 10:55 AM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

The DVD1 does eventually switch to standby after 5-10 minutes. 

I have my Avant service menu up its a type: 8433

Not sure which software version to tell you as there are a few!

• 06-19-2009 3:11 AM In reply to

That means your system is working as it was designed too in terms of the timeout period, but that does not fix your core issue.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)