in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2009 4:33 AM by tournedos. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2009 4:55 AM

B&O website

is currently being updated!!! :-) 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 06-02-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

Re: B&O website

aint sure about other members here; but my visit to the site has drastically come down after the launch of belounge 

• 06-02-2009 5:28 AM In reply to

I visited once and thought it was a disaster!!

Regards Graham

• 06-02-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

BeoLounge was useless. Just a very, very enervating way of presenting information.

• 06-02-2009 5:49 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes, I think I have visited Beolounge twice. Once on its first day, and one other time because I was looking for something.
    Please take note, B&O.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-02-2009 5:51 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

It's not updating for me....

it just looks the same? What is new?????

• 06-02-2009 5:54 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I've just had to look "enervate" up in the dictionary - suprised to find that cr4p wasn't listed as a definition!

As a company that gained a reputation for making things quick and simple to do, their website (and especially the beodear lounge) is terrible.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-02-2009 6:01 AM In reply to

Working fine for me? even shows the BV7 40 with bluray?

As for Beolounge, its not really that bad.. could be a LOT better though and imo just needs developing into a better format with more options and less control.  If they could integrate the fundamentals/principles of what makes a conventional forum work I think it would work a lot better.

Amazes me how offended people get over material things!

• 06-02-2009 6:25 AM In reply to

I don't think a website is "material" mobeyone. The criticism was at BeoLounge, not the main site, though I wouldn't mind if they would play some real music there.

At BeoLounge there's crap music playing, there's the tedium of going through introductions, or navigating in a very cumbersome way, there's the repetition of how information is presented, there's very little interactivity, and the whole thing is just not very engaging. While it's all very glitchy.

Yes, one can imagine the intention - and I have a very fast internet connection, but I'm just incredibly annoyed by the whole thing. Let me find the info I want, fast - do engage me, but make it optional.

BeoLounge is still up, though, at beolounge.com - it was the main site that was updating, and it's now online again.

To end on a positive, this is the best thing B&O has done in years:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/world_opera_project

• 06-02-2009 6:36 AM In reply to

Regarding Beolounge, I think it is simply not targeted to people like us that know the brand.

It is not a meant community either.

It is a way for people who are unfamiliar with the brand and who would not make the step to go to a shop to be introduced to the brands products and values.

If you are looking for info, there is still the main web site.

And if you're looking for a customer community, there is Beoworld.

p.

• 06-02-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

Beolounge to me is an example of 'look what we can do' web design but seems to have too much focus on the interface at the expense of making information quick and easy to find..

As my interest is mainly in older B&O it has had no effect at all on how often I come here. Like Jandyt I have been there twice, and I am in no rush to return.

Simon 

• 06-02-2009 7:28 AM In reply to

Exactly, it is a sales-prospects harvester directed at people with minimal initial knowledge of the brand.

• 06-02-2009 2:13 PM In reply to

Not been on since the first day - far too slow for my useless broadband speed! Also not interested in being targeted.

• 06-02-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

Well, right now the B&O Website seems to be really slow to me. It takes almost 60 seconds to load the main page. Normally the page loads in several seconds. Semms like there ist some work going on in the background.

BeoLounge is actually a nice idea, but the realisation lacks the "Fun-Factor" the "Style-Factor" and just the information. There is nothing in BeoLounge that i couldn't see or geht elsewhere. Well, perhaps they will improve their "experiment" Whistle

• 06-02-2009 7:21 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

I visited once and thought it was a disaster!!

Same here. I registrated, visited and left. IMO, it is far to slow and does not give any more information than the "old" site. I hope they will come up with something new.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-02-2009 8:22 PM In reply to

Their old community was far more band-width-friendly

I can't afford to visit the Beolounge - I need to spend my bandwidth on more important things ... such as Beoworld :)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-03-2009 1:54 AM In reply to

Just went to Beolounge for the second time. I left pretty hastily as it was taking far too long for me to find what I wanted. Each time I clicked something it took at least a minute to load...

Much better here Wink

Maybe 'BeoLounge' could be a new word for something that is very slow Laughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-03-2009 4:33 AM In reply to

Daniel Seiler:

Well, right now the B&O Website seems to be really slow to me. It takes almost 60 seconds to load the main page. Normally the page loads in several seconds. Semms like there ist some work going on in the background.

They probably have teamed up with Intel, AMD and the memory manufacturers to create the most resource consuming flash banners ever. The current pages aren't quite the worst, though - before Xmas, their seasonal animations loaded my home PC so that it took about a minute just to get away from them...

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)