in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2009 1:58 PM by casdave. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2009 2:42 PM

Beovox 4700 woofer re foam

I bought a nice pair  of these from a boot fair today for a fiver .  the cabinets are mint  but of course the foam surrounds the woofers have perished .

strangely enough they still sound great ( or is it my ears??) when hooked up to my Boecenter 7007.  

is it possible to re foam these and is it worth it ? any feedback would be much appreciated.

thank everyone

justin

Filed under: ,
  • 06-01-2009 1:41 PM In reply to

Re: Beovox 4700 woofer re foam

Depends upon the country.

If you are in the UK, then Wembley Loudspeakers will do them, expect to pay around £100 all in, they've done a couple of difficult ones for me, a pair of Type K woofers and a pair of Type S woofers - both with full paper cones.

(PS I am very proud of the Type S as they are rare in the UK and they turned out well)

The Beovox 4700 will be easier to do, make sure to get them done in rubber and not in foam. Whilst you are at it, it would pay you to replace the crossover capacitors - get yourself bi-polar electrolytics,or you can purchase solid state capacitors but this can be expensive depending upon how many you need.

s it worth it - in terms of pure economics, probaly not, you could spend the sme on somthing like a pair of S120s and these would give you a better pair of speakers, however you would pay much more to start off with. Does anyone repair old B&O stuff based on cold hard logic instead of the vintage restorers lossmaking emotion?

• 06-01-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

casdave:

Does anyone repair old B&O stuff based on cold hard logic instead of the vintage restorers lossmaking emotion?

Errr... no.....Big Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-02-2009 5:29 AM In reply to

Your right of course,  the whole thing is driven by emotion !!

thanks for the tip on Wembley Loudspeakers. will give them a call.  By the way , is it possible to " Bi Wire " speakers on a beocentre 7007  using the

din out speaker connectors?

thanks again 

justin

Filed under: , ,
  • 06-02-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

Couldn't wait any longer for a new speaker package so bought some mordaunt short 902i's today .

have bi wired them to the beocenter 7007 and its sounds astonishing. like a new system.

punchy , tight , deep bass and open expressive  top end . 

a match made in heaven for the price ( 90 pounds form Holbon richer sounds)

i'd recommend these speakers to anyone . in calvados they even match the wood trim on the 7007!!

• 06-02-2009 1:58 PM In reply to

Now that I don't know, the only amp I believe that was capable of that in the B&O range was the Beolab5000

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)