in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-25-2009 3:07 AM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2009 12:30 PM

Sat Receiver Force D-Master 1144S

Hi all,

i have the chance to buy an external sat receiver, model is Force D-Master 1144S.

The seller states it would work with B&O remotes.

In the user guide is also mentioned, that these receivers with an additional option are compatible to Beo4.

I just tested it with my B&O equipment.

It doesn't work with Beo4 and there is no obvious menu item in the setup menu regarding B&O.

How can i figure out, whether this receiver has the B&O option or not?

Any help is very appreciated,

Kiwi

• 05-22-2009 1:52 PM In reply to

Re: Sat Receiver Force D-Master 1144S

The Force D-Master will work if either:-

• It is a Force D-Master compatible model, it will have a label on the bottom of the unit to say so; OR
    • It is connected to a Beovision with the STB-C or PUC set to Force D-Master

If the unit is a B&O compatible model, then it uses the AVL signal on the SCART

Regards Keith....

• 05-22-2009 3:34 PM In reply to

Thanks Keith,

there is no label at the bottom.

Bad luck for the seller.

Kind regards,

Kiwi4all

• 05-23-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Sorry Kiwi, the seller is right. You can control EVERY Force D-master with Beo4/5 via STB-controler or PUC. The box is on the list since many years.

You will also find a solution by www.oneremote.dk.

Stefan

• 05-25-2009 3:07 AM In reply to

The seller is apparently selling a B&O compatible Force D-Master and so is advertising that it is a unit which will work using the "AVL" signal on the SCART connector, in other words NOT using the PUC/STB-C

It is true that the D-Master has been available in the STB-C and PUC for a long time, but the seller does not know the configuration of the buyers equipment.

Force being a Danish company produced several STB models each in two types B&O compatible and NOT compatible, the difference being the decode of the B&O commands on the AVL which means you do NOT need a STB-C or PUC to control it via your Beovision with the Beo4/5. The Beo4/5 IR signal goes into the Beovision and is sent out on pin 8 of the SCART to the STB

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)