in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-20-2009 3:00 AM by Burnix. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2009 12:16 PM

Beo 5 wont charge ?? how to access the battery ??

My beo 5 for some reason has stop charging. This seems to be after upgrading to software version 2.2 when it preformed the firmware automatic upgrade to 1.40a . Since then my Battery level always is empty and if I leave iton the charger (i have 2 chargers which both have been tested to work) it will not charge.

If i take it off the charger it lasts a couple of seconds then says 'recharge battery' on the display ??

Any Ideas ?

Also I tried removing the 3 screws at the bottom of the beo5 (on the charge pad) all teh connectors internally were fine. But i was wondering how you could access the rechargeable battery inside .....anyone got a service manual ?

cheers

Scott 

• 05-18-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 5 wont charge ?? how to access the battery ??

forgot to mention ..... when i put teh beo5 remote on the charging doc, it is fully recognised and comes up on the display with 'charging' 

mystery !!

• 05-18-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Hi

Is your charger plugged in to the PC via USB, or is it connected to the mains?

Don't charger it on the PC, use the mains.

Quim

• 05-18-2009 3:00 PM In reply to

• 05-18-2009 5:57 PM In reply to

Perfect thanks guys for your help, I changed it over to charge on the mains and left it for an hour and it has now started charging.

• 05-18-2009 6:14 PM In reply to

Hi i have had my Beo  5 for just over a week now and it works fine i have noticed that my software version is 1.34a how do i get the latest version do i have to goto my dealer for the upgrade or can i do it if so what cables do i need.

• 05-19-2009 2:25 AM In reply to

Medic394:

Hi i have had my Beo  5 for just over a week now and it works fine i have noticed that my software version is 1.34a how do i get the latest version do i have to goto my dealer for the upgrade or can i do it if so what cables do i need.

If you have got firmware version 1.34a loaded in your Beo5 it means your dealer who programmed it, did not use the current version 2.20 otherwise the firmware would have been updated to 1.40a.

I suggest you go back to your dealer and get it updated.

Regards Keith....

• 05-20-2009 3:00 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

spiderscott:

Also I tried removing the 3 screws at the bottom of the beo5 (on the charge pad) all teh connectors internally were fine. But i was wondering how you could access the rechargeable battery inside ..... 

I would definitely not recommend accessing the battery yourself. Removing the 3 screws is the correct way, but the you have to dismantle the bottom part completely and event then the battery pack is quite special (not standard sized batteries). You probably cannot get a new battery pack from your dealer or anywhere else since changing the batteries is not intended to be done by customers.

Best,
    Burnix

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)