in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2009 1:29 PM by Medogsfat. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2009 5:02 AM

Seriniti ... ? A new mobile phone

As soon as the partnership with Samsung came to an end, I was the first to think that there would be no new B&O mobile phone for years to come, but actually there is something in development for a launch next year!

• 05-16-2009 7:48 AM In reply to

Re: Seriniti ... ? A new mobile phone

That would truly surprise me giving that they wanted to focus in music and video and one would think these things are developed somewhat quick so that they could have easily stopped it.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-16-2009 8:14 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Where have you heard this Stars?

BL8000 MkII Black

• 05-16-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

A multimedia slim-slider, the screen will be touch and made of glass, with a button keyboard which slides down from underneath.

BeoCom 5 / a completely new BeoCom to be launched next year as a cordless phone and fully operable remote control, similar to BeoCom 4 / Beo4 in design with more capability.

• 05-16-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

If you are right star and the phone is like you said,sounds a winner! As long it's not 2 to 3k for the price lol.

As for Beocom 5,most were under the impression that it was coming this Year????

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 05-16-2009 10:14 AM In reply to

If there is a new cell phone I hope they make it quad band.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-16-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

I don't know if B&O will launch a new GSM phone, given the last financial report, however I do remember that when the Serenata was launched, B&O said they were working on the ultimate multimedia cellphone and even made a poll among the website registered members, asking what they would expect from such a product, and of course I even remember replying to this poll: am I the only one?Surprise

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 05-16-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

Beocom 5 is not a GSM but a wireless home phone with the extra use to Skype! Scheduled for this summer

• 05-16-2009 12:15 PM In reply to

Are there any specifications available??

• 05-16-2009 11:34 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I have a feeling that you, stars, are either mis-informed, or simply making this up to get a reaction.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-17-2009 3:50 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Dave:

I have a feeling that you, stars, are either mis-informed, or simply making this up to get a reaction.

I have the exact same feeling as the CEO clearly said, that there will be NO more mobile phones.

The Beocom 5 seems to be the last landline phone as Trip english told us  - and I believe him even if it's sad to hear that B&O cancels its landline phones ...

A new touchscreen multimedia phone with keypad? This is the new Palm PRE coming out next month and trying to be the first real "iPhone killer".

• 05-17-2009 4:54 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I think mobile phone development requires a huge amount of development time, energy and finance. These are areas that B&O could spend on their key products. Why on earth would B&O attempt to compete with the iPhone and similar smartphones? The market is more difficult now than it was a couple of years ago. It would require some serious software engineering from B&O to come up with something competitive. Software engineering has been a relatively weak area from B&O recently.

It's not happening. However, it's sad to hear that B&O are moving out of the landline market as well!

• 05-17-2009 6:43 AM In reply to

Nothing was said about B&O making the phone. We shall wait and see next year.

• 05-17-2009 7:18 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Stars:

Nothing was said about B&O making the phone. We shall wait and see next year.

Is it to be branded as B&O or just "audio by B&O" like this

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-17-2009 8:09 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

The name Seriniti sounds made up, and what manufacture would produce this mobile phone??????

Regards!

BL8000 MkII Black

• 05-17-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

I shall return to BeoWorld when members have more respect for each other.

• 05-17-2009 9:35 AM In reply to

Very good point Stars.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-17-2009 9:55 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw:

Very good point Stars.

And your respect is equal to Stars? You should question your own posts before agreeing, Razlaw.

We simply disagree with the post Stars made. Nothing personal whatsoever. Your post to me in the other discussion is far more personal!

We're simply going on the basis that the new CEO categorically stated that the phones were cancelled. If he goes back on that word, we'd clearly be surprised ! :)

• 05-17-2009 2:51 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

This is interesting news Henry, regardless of the comments you have received. As an owner of a Serenata since Dec 07, I have used it daily, and all I can say is that I wouldn't buy another B&O phone when companies like Apple and Palm with their Pre offer so much more. Certainly when I change my phone I will go for an iPhone or a Palm Pre. A B&O mobile, whether in-house developed or a rebadged phone from another company would simply have to blow me away, and integrate perfectly with my mac, and the chances of that....slim. Though you never know.

The thing is, the mobile phone market moves to quickly for B&O to realistically keep up, Apple are essentially updating the iPhone on a yearly basis, does anyone honestly expect B&O to break into that with product?

• 05-17-2009 7:19 PM In reply to

I could see that Samsung is releasing the phone with the B&O label on their own ...... 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-17-2009 7:45 PM In reply to

Maybe they should call it the iBOPhone LaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 05-18-2009 4:05 AM In reply to

There is certainly no point in B&O manufacturing their own mobile phones as they will simply never sell the volumes to make their phones anything less than eye-poppingly expensive and in terms of features and/or usability the iPhone is going to take some beating. Look at the Beosound 6's failure against the iPod for the dangers of going down that particular road.

The only way I can see spmething in it is if there is a tie-in whereby B&O licence the name and design for one of the big manufacturers to make and supply for sale through B&O stores, but licencing the brand is probably a step too far.

Simon

• 05-18-2009 4:33 AM In reply to

I may be missing something, but I fail to see what the news is and what this fuss is all about. I thought it has been clear for months that

• the CEO has announced that mobile phones are done, finished, over & out, and taking that announcement back would be very bad for investor relations;
    • the upcoming Beocom 5, or whatever it will be called, is a cordless PSTN phone with some VoIP features and not a mobile phone!

I do hope the VoIP feature is based on standard SIP and not Skype or something else that will be useless in a few years.

-mika

• 05-18-2009 5:56 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

tournedos:

I may be missing something, but I fail to see what the news is and what this fuss is all about. I thought it has been clear for months

Exactly my point, you are absolutely right. Stars shouldn't take our reaction personally as I/we're simply surprised, after the new CEO made it clear that there would be no new mobiles and no new collaboration attempts (with mobiles). If he's changed his mind, so soon, I think we'd start to question his statements. That's all.

If a new mobile phone is released, Stars can be the first to say 'I told you so!' and he'd be right. However, I'd be astonished.

• 05-18-2009 4:14 PM In reply to

Personally, I dont think people post rumours like this for a reaction or for being misinformed.  Stars has heard or read something which may or may not happen, we will see but his post should be valued as much as the next persons regardless.

I do not think the mobile market is the best place for B&O or another mobile collaboration.. that said there may be something that was in development and may actually hit the market.

As for the name, if serene and serenata can be used, why not seriniti? they are all as bad as each other in more ways than one.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >